Talent doesn't matter

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
For the purposes of becoming famous/high status, or getting good jobs. Well it does to a point but for the most part: Being on good terms with the right people > Talent

• +1
Reactions: Vitruvian

XD

• +1
Reactions: Krezo
I still wish I had some

You need talent to be on good terms with people.

• +1
Reactions: hebbewem and Deleted member 1464
It matters but I'd rather have talent in what's considered cool and popular (rapping, singing, dancing, sports etc) than in some boring stuff (nerdy hobbies for example).

Talent is bullshit, everything is bullshit. It's all luck. People who think talent matters are delusional. Literally EVERY single youtuber, EVERY single twitch streamer, EVERY single musician or whatever, are famous and popular 100% because of luck. They aren't even entertaining. They have 0 talent. They just won the lottery. That's it.

for pop culture yeah

in past though when they werent trying to appeal to 12 year old girls artists were ranked by talent

gaining status is actually pure luck
i could make a shitty video right now talking about the BCC theory and it could go viral
now that im thinking about it i should do it at some time ngl

Nope. I'm sorry but you are stupid. Most of the people who are famous have skill/talent.

Nah you need both. There's a lot of talented people out there in the day and age of the internet, so you need connections and luck to excel.

Talent is pure genetics.
If someone is good at sports it means she has a good physique, which means she has good genetics, if someone is good at math then it means she has a high IQ, which is also genetic.

• +1
Reactions: disillusioned and hebbewem
Talent is bullshit, everything is bullshit. It's all luck. People who think talent matters are delusional. Literally EVERY single youtuber, EVERY single twitch streamer, EVERY single musician or whatever, are famous and popular 100% because of luck. They aren't even entertaining. They have 0 talent. They just won the lottery. That's it.

Tbh you picked a terrible example by using youtubers. Youtubers are one of the few examples of success stories that are largely the result of talent since you don't need any special connections to become a youtuber. That being said, I would argue that being a successful youtuber is largely about superficial qualities such as looks and having a good sounding voice, so it's probably 70% looks and voice and 30% talent.

Nope. I'm sorry but you are stupid. Most of the people who are famous have skill/talent.

So why does PewDiePie have almost 100 million subscribers for screaming into a microphone? It's because he looks good. That's literally the only reason. PewDiePie is the ultimate proof that appearance is more important for becoming famous than talent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back