Teeth not showing

Deleted member 3259

Deleted member 3259

Kraken
I have read that if you open your mouth just a tiny tiny bit, your teeth should still be able to show, same with when you talk, if they don't, whats the cause and fix for that?

• +1
Reactions: thecel and her
maxilla

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Darkstrand
I have the same, help.
So what? People with recessed maxilla have gummy smile and their gums show when speaking. He's talking about the opposite.

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
whats the theory?

lip size? short teeth? gum size? ur maxilla maybe? idk man does it even matter all that much

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310
My upper teeth show.
My lower ones don't at all.

What does this mean?

lip size? short teeth? gum size? ur maxilla maybe? idk man does it even matter all that much

very thin upper lip. I think my gum size and teeth size is normal? idk how u would tell lol

Retroclined teeth?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
whats that
BE0299D0 5410 47B2 AFD3 26170CBD3191
4912DB6A 4101 4281 881C 9769FC0BCCF3

Last edited:
Vertically short maxilla and/or long philtrum.

• Love it
Reactions: Gaia262
That's because you have short underdeveloped maxilla.
Just google short face syndrome
Lf is the only way to fix it

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Gaia262, Feanor and Deleted member 4209
Lf2 is the only way to fix it
i have this trait pretty badly and also narrow palate

my smile is so terrible

i have this trait pretty badly and also narrow palate

my smile is so terrible
I know that feel bro
I have exactly the same problem
Gonna fix it this year

Wouldnt that be the case if when I smile my teeth dont show? My teeth show when I smile

i got really long philtrum
The good news is that a lip lift is a relatively cheap and easy procedure that will both reduce the philtrum and increase the tooth show. If you would have had normal philtrum but short maxilla that would require a much more invasive treatment.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
The good news is that a lip lift is a relatively cheap and easy procedure that will both reduce the philtrum and increase the tooth show. If you would have had normal philtrum but short maxilla that would require a much more invasive treatment.
My philtrum is like 21cm no troll and I got a thin upper lip. But yeah, as I was saying earlier, wouldn't short maxilla also mean that when I smile my teeth wouldn't show? My teeth show when I smile, it's just when I open my mouth a little they dont show, and when I talk you can only see like a little of my two front teeth.

Maxresdefault

is short really the best term for this? the maxilla seems not developed and not forward grown rather than not long enough

Go to an ortho if you really want to know. There can be 100 causes for this. Overbite is one of them

you need a lip lift

My philtrum is like 21cm no troll and I got a thin upper lip. But yeah, as I was saying earlier, wouldn't short maxilla also mean that when I smile my teeth wouldn't show? My teeth show when I smile, it's just when I open my mouth a little they dont show, and when I talk you can only see like a little of my two front teeth.
I'm saying that your maxilla isn't necessarily short if you have an overly long philtrum covering your teeth. A thin upper lip would also improve with a lip lift. But there is no way for me to diagnose you.

View attachment 276228
is short really the best term for this? the maxilla seems not developed and not forward grown rather than not long enough
There's a lot of people, even among Hollywood actors, that have flat faces but their smile is perfect/ok

1459395-1103603.jpg
CANDID_970x490_Hero_Jessica_Alba.jpg

My philtrum is like 21cm
That's definitely to much
Given that you still have your teeth showing when smiling, even with this long philtrum, I don't think your maxilla is an issue here.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: randomvanish
I'm saying that your maxilla isn't necessarily short if you have an overly long philtrum covering your teeth. A thin upper lip would also improve with a lip lift. But there is no way for me to diagnose you.
Ahh I get you. Is 20-21 cm considered overly long? I am definitely getting a lip lift though, like it seems to have so many benefits for me specifically then. Bigger upper lip + shorter philtrum, better midface ratio and more teeth show. Seems like a nobrainer if thats the case.

Yes, depends on skull size etc but 20-21 mm is on the longer side. I was the same before my lip lift.

Short teeth?

I also had that.
I fixed that with double jaw surgery. To fix it they are going to do a posterior maxillary impaction during the jaw surgery
there is no other way to fix that

JFL at thinking shit like this actually matters.

I also had that.
I fixed that with double jaw surgery. To fix it they are going to do a posterior maxillary impaction during the jaw surgery
there is no other way to fix that
You got before and after pictures of your smile?
Yes, depends on skull size etc but 20-21 mm is on the longer side. I was the same before my lip lift.
How much more tooth show did you get after doing a lip lift?

I have read that if you open your mouth just a tiny tiny bit, your teeth should still be able to show, same with when you talk, if they don't, whats the cause and fix for that?
its because your maxilla. I have the same problem. Teeth are not showing when I slightly open my mouth. This is due to the fact that your upper lip doesnt have enough support and it just falls like a curtain. A solution for this is to go with Le fort, your surgeon will go forward and down with your maxilla and than its going to use a bone graft to fix your teeth. It means also that you have a short face.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32094