Teeth touching slightly or slightly apart for mewing?

username00

username00

Iron
John Mew says teeth in contact (not biting):

But his son says otherwise:

Which is it? What do you do?

Last edited:
doesnt matter as long as youre blocking the airway and breathing through your nose

doesnt matter as long as youre blocking the airway and breathing through your nose
if i keep my mouth closed then im blocking the airway, am i not? in which case, tongue posture is also irrelevant.

if i keep my mouth closed then im blocking the airway, am i not? in which case, tongue posture is also irrelevant.
no, because keeping it on the roof pushes your maxilla forward, expands your pallate, and raises the hyoid bone

• Hmm...
Reactions: username00
Teeth apart
Teeth should never be touching at anytime

theres no contrary position. Teeth shouldnt be biting against each other. They should be in slighty contact.
John Mew says teeth in contact (not biting):

But his son says otherwise:

Which is it? What do you do?

theres no contrary position. Teeth shouldnt be biting against each other. They should be in slighty contact.
Are you sure? In the video I linked Mike Mew is asked whether teeth should be in contact (watch the screen behind him, that's the question). His reply to that question is 'no'.

Are you sure? In the video I linked Mike Mew is asked whether teeth should be in contact (watch the screen behind him, that's the question). His reply to that question is 'no'.

• Hmm...
Reactions: username00
u need to understand that the theory is not 100% correct, not even near that.