Temple/cheekbone width >>> Jaw width

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
Jaw width is overrated.

You jaw should be narrower than the temples and cheekbones or at the very most the same width.

A jaw wider than the cheekbones or temples doesn’t look aesthetic and you will look bloated if you aren’t super lean.

This applies to the vast majority of people, but there are exceptions to the rule just like with anything else, Brad Pitt being the best example.

This is the ideal temple/zygo to jaw width ratio:

38EACC09 F467 4BEB A473 81E068217E20

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4383, 000, sloopnoob and 6 others
Jaw width is overrated.

You jaw should be narrower than the temples and cheekbones or at the very most the same width.

A jaw wider than the cheekbones or temples doesn’t look aesthetic and you will look bloated if you aren’t super lean.

This applies to the vast majority of people, but there are exceptions to the rule just like with anything else, Brad Pitt being the best example.
So it'll look good when you're lean?

So it'll look good when you're lean?
Anyone will look better the leaner they are. It might look good, but it will look better if your jaw is narrower than cheek/temple bones.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
should the jaw be as wide as the cheekbones?

Anyone will look better the leaner they are. It might look good, but it will look better if your jaw is narrower than cheek/temple bones.
I thought women preferred jaws like Brad Pitt, I guess this is lifefuel since my jaw is just shy of being wider than my cheekbones.
Isn't the size of his jawline due to masseter hypertrophy?

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax
should the jaw be as wide as the cheekbones?
Narrower is ideal, but yeah it can be as wide. It’s bad once it becomes wider.
I thought women preferred jaws like Brad Pitt, I guess this is lifefuel since my jaw is just shy of being wider than my cheekbones.

Isn't the size of his jawline due to masseter hypertrophy?
Women like sharp, defined jawlines. Width isn’t as important and has been overhyped. Brad is good looking despite his jaw width, not because of it.

Yes it’s wide because of masseter hypertrophy; jaw width can be affected by bone, muscle and fat.

• +1
Reactions: Detective and Deleted member 3202
Narrower is ideal, but yeah it can be as wide. It’s bad once it becomes wider.

Women like sharp, defined jawlines. Width isn’t as important and has been overhyped. Brad is good looking despite his jaw width, not because of it.

Yes it’s wide because of masseter hypertrophy; jaw width can be affected by bone, muscle and fat.
Thing is, even though I have good jaw and chin width, I can't really see any angularity from the front. What would cause this?

Both>

• WTF
Thing is, even though I have good jaw and chin width, I can't really see any angularity from the front. What would cause this?
This is due to bf% levels, masseter size, or a combination of both.

Losing fat and getting masseter reduction if they are big will improve your angularity a lot.

Also, I’ve updated OP with a picture example of the optimal temple/zygo to jaw width ratio.

Strongly disagree. Jaw as wide as cheekbones and temples makes you look extremely robust and gives you a lot of sex appeal given you have good facial harmony

img_0599.jpeg

hunter-broderick-image.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Prince88, anticel, Deleted member 2581 and 4 others
Strongly disagree. Jaw as wide as cheekbones and temples makes you look extremely robust and gives you a lot of sex appeal given you have good facial harmony

img_0599.jpeg

As I said there are exceptions, but I also said that it’s fine if they are the same width.

The top guy has insane facial features, Harmony and general angularity to pull it off. With a narrower jaw he would still look amazing.

The bottom guy does look a bit bloated though due to jaw width.

This is due to bf% levels, masseter size, or a combination of both.

Losing fat and getting masseter reduction if they are big will improve your angularity a lot.

Also, I’ve updated OP with a picture example of the optimal temple/zygo to jaw width ratio.
My jaw and chin are exactly like his but my chin is vertically short.

img_0599.jpeg

I still think theyd be more aesthetic with slightly smaller jaws

I still think theyd be more aesthetic with slightly smaller jaws
This. The top guy is such a huge outlier though due to his other insane features.
My jaw and chin are exactly like his but my chin is vertically short.
If you don’t want to get chin surgery, you will need to harmonise and balance the face by making it as narrow as possible because of the short chin.

Therefore fat loss and masseter reduction via botox would work well, as will cutting the sides of your hair shorter.

Last edited:
  • +1
I just thought, we're guys so how do we possibly know what is more attractive to WOMEN? Put an example of both types of men on tinder and see which one gets the most matches (unless you already did that).
This. The top guy is such a huge outlier though due to his other insane features.

If you don’t want to get chin surgery, you will need to harmonise and balance the face by making it as narrow as possible because of the short chin.

Therefore fat loss and masseter reduction via botox would work well, as will cutting the sides of your hair shorter.
I want to get the surgery, but I don't know what to get, because I fear it will cause the mandible to not be straight anymore.

Jaw width is overrated.

This is the ideal temple/zygo to jaw width ratio:

View attachment 160206
So they why are guys like Brad Pitt and Matthew Noszka still gigachads despite having a wider jaw than their zygos?

img_0599.jpeg

Yeah my jaw is actually narrower than my zygos but I have to agree this isn't ideal, it can make your jaw look underdeveloped, especially if you have a wide forehead

So they why are guys like Brad Pitt and Matthew Noszka still gigachads despite having a wider jaw than their zygos?

Yeah my jaw is actually narrower than my zygos but I have to agree this isn't ideal, it can make your jaw look underdeveloped, especially if you have a wide forehead
Because there are exceptions to every rule like I said? Those guys have other insane facial features that carry them and would still look good with narrower jaws. In Matthew’s case, his jaw and zygos are the same width anyways so it’s fine. The vast majority of models, chads and actors have zygos wider than their jaws or at most the same width.

cheekbones were always more important than Jaw width ded srs.

an ogee curve + good zygos makes you super hot to many women

• +1
Reactions: CarlSagan96
But a jaw significantly narrower than your zygos just rounds up your entire face ngl

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax
This guy's jaw I literal shit tbh.
Jaw has to be wider and more angular than that.
Not necessarily wider than cheekbones, ideally it would be slightly narrower, but it being wider is not a major flaw

ideally both cheekbones and jaw are wider than cheekbones jaw is slightly maybe a bit more narrower than cheekbones tho.

so cheekbones are the widest part of the face

so then just be super lean

This. Jaw definition/length is important too but jaw width has been hugely inflated.
But a jaw significantly narrower than your zygos just rounds up your entire face ngl
I never said “significantly” did I? Cheekbones just need to be widest part of the face, this doesn’t necessarily equate to a narrow jaw anyways.
so then just be super lean
It’s difficult to remain like that all the time and even when super lean you will look better if cheekbones are widest part of your face.

Last edited:
This. Jaw definition/length is important too but jaw width has been hugely inflated.

I never said “significantly” did I? Cheekbones just need to be widest part of the face, this doesn’t necessarily equate to a narrow jaw anyways.

It’s difficult to remain like that all the time and even when super lean you will look better if cheekbones are widest part of your face.
not hard to be super lean all the time if you're pretty much always in a fasted state

cope you'll end up like Guy in op with no ramus définition from front

cope you'll end up like Guy in op with no ramus définition from front
This is nonsense. Reducing jaw width with masseter Botox will increase jaw definition everywhere. Muscle is round, you want to expose bone.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
This is nonsense. Reducing jaw width with masseter Botox will increase jaw definition everywhere. Muscle is round, you want to expose bone.
so should i stop chewing ? i have high set zygos + good latéral projection wider than jawline and temples wider than jaw. but i'm high bf and i.m afraid that when lean my jawline will lacks définition that's why i chew

so should i stop chewing ? i have high set zygos + good latéral projection wider than jawline and temples wider than jaw. but i'm high bf and i.m afraid that when lean my jawline will lacks définition that's why i chew
Chewing for masseter hypertrophy is very individual and depends on the rest of your face; don’t do it just because everyone else tells you to.

In some cases it can help if you have a VERY narrow jaw, but most of the time it will make your face look fat and bloated, especially if you are high bf like yourself. Muscle isn’t round and will push out cheek fat even further, It’s bone that you want to expose.

If I were you, wait until you’re lean and then you can decide whether you want to increase masseter size (you most likely won’t want to).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
*Muscle is round.

Can’t edit my last post.

Because there are exceptions to every rule like I said? Those guys have other insane facial features that carry them and would still look good with narrower jaws. In Matthew’s case, his jaw and zygos are the same width anyways so it’s fine. The vast majority of models, chads and actors have zygos wider than their jaws or at most the same width.
Noszka’s bigonial is actually slightly wider than his bizygomatic:

Also here’s Brad Pitt when he was younger, notice how the first pic (original) looks significantly better than the second pic where I morphed him with a narrower jaw:

EBC30B2A 2217 4D84 8874 84D1016FED97

6E026EF8 4387 4896 9CA4 B3324C9EF925

Both are highly correlated anyway.

Unless you're a fucking disgusting cyclop like my self.

Disagree. At this point it’s just preference

I agree the jaw shouldn’t be wider than zygos but narrower? Jfl no

Thats just preference tbh. Both look good imo. Just do not have a jaw thats way too wide or too narrow. Everything needs to suit.

Chin>Jaw
Disagree. At this point it’s just preference

I agree the jaw shouldn’t be wider than zygos but narrower? Jfl no

OP is just playing too much Final Fantasy

What if I have a narrow temple and wide zygos? Is it over?

Wide zygos screw up your ESR.