Temporary hard mewing causes bite to align?

RandomPerson1893

RandomPerson1893

Iron
Anyone have experience with this? Stopped wearing my retainer and had an "invisalign" bite due to the few mm of plastic between my teeth. Nowadays my bite is returning to normal, but i get a really nice bite only once i hard mew for around a minute.

My question is, is this an indication of a mobile pallette? Anyone have experience with this?

• JFL
Reactions: t20cel
Anyone have experience with this? Stopped wearing my retainer and had an "invisalign" bite due to the few mm of plastic between my teeth. Nowadays my bite is returning to normal, but i get a really nice bite only once i hard mew for around a minute.

My question is, is this an indication of a mobile pallette? Anyone have experience with this?
Sep 1, 2023

hard mewing​

bru seriously?

• +1
Reactions: brutalpilled and FutureSlayer
yeah im skeptical too but i tried it and for whatever reason it temporarily fixes my bite, and I'm unsure what that means. Im over 20 btw
Sep 1, 2023

hard mewing​

bru seriously?

• JFL
Reactions: PsychoH
how do you even expect us to help you? im curious
Looking for people who got off retainers and continued good tongue posture who can help me understand the relationship between this hard mewing + bite fixing thing and what that means for future progression of forward growth and such

Yeah yeah sure….

its placebo. You think it’s fixing ur bite but it just sort of numbs the area so you dont feel the misalignment

its placebo. You think it’s fixing ur bite but it just sort of numbs the area so you dont feel the misalignment
no this is what happens.

Before hard mewing: i bite down on my canines or whatever is in the front middle

After hard mewing for a min: i bite down on my molars. The more I mew this way the further back I bite. Eventually it wears off though

Mewing doesn't work bro just breathe through your nose

• +1
Reactions: Rzn
Mewing doesn't work bro just breathe through your nose
I think at my age it definitely does work in preventing further deterioration. Maybe over 5-10 years it can provide minimal additional growth, potentially a lot. Those who know and have done it successfully don't tend to come here and post about it.