test while cutting

D

Deleted member 31560

Bronze
In a state of ingesting fewer calories than maintenance there is a drop in testosterone. What if you supplemented with testosterone during a cut to make up for this drop then got off once you return to maintenance/bulk?

Would this cause long term suppression? Your test is already suppressed from cutting all you are doing is making up for it.

Bryan Johnson takes a small amount of testosterone for this very reason.

• +1
Reactions: Arcturus
genuinely curious about this myself tbh

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 31560
genuinely curious about this myself tbh
thread is getting views but needs some high iq users who have an understanding of hormones

• +1
Reactions: Arcturus
I did myself. Your nutrient partitioning (how your body uses the calories and nutrients it receives) is based on your hormones, it's not just a matter of CICO. So yes if you take exogeneous test your body will tend to spare muscle during a cut and burn more fat; it will maintain a leaner body composition than it otherwise would. But this is entirely down to the artificial hormone profile.

Once you get off test you will be suppressed and your body composition will change, maybe not drastically but it will change. If you keep training hard and reduce your calorie intake a bit then you can maintain the same leanness but you will necessarily lose some muscle. If you up your calories then you can maintain the same muscle mass but your body will gain a little fat. The point being that whatever you do when you come off you cannot maintain the same body composition because your body is no longer partitioning nutrients the same way. There is no such thing as permanently keeping the hormonal changes from a cycle of test.

I should add that Bryan Johnson is a complete idiot and you shouldn't blindly copy what he does. He is going to have health problems if he doesn't already.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: InSplit, Arcturus and Deleted member 31560
bump

still curious tbh

In a state of ingesting fewer calories than maintenance there is a drop in testosterone. What if you supplemented with testosterone during a cut to make up for this drop then got off once you return to maintenance/bulk?

Would this cause long term suppression? Your test is already suppressed from cutting all you are doing is making up for it.

Bryan Johnson takes a small amount of testosterone for this very reason.
im also wondering the same thing. Im on a recomp rn (eating around maintenance) tryna maximise muscle without fat gain so I can reduce body fat while gaining muscles.

Yes it should cause suppresion. Will definitely help with the cutting though

im also wondering the same thing. Im on a recomp rn (eating around maintenance) tryna maximise muscle without fat gain so I can reduce body fat while gaining muscles.
I found an answer

" The presence of external testosterone which is not exactly bio denticle, because of its rate of decay, will cause issues in your hypothalamic - pituitary-gonadal axis.

I don’t know how long or how aggressive of a deficit you’re doing, but honestly you probably don’t need anything and if you do need anything, just use clomiphene citrate or end clomiphene that’ll keep her testosterone hi without affecting your fertility or any natural hormonal system regulators "

• +1
Reactions: bobsmith03
I found an answer

" The presence of external testosterone which is not exactly bio denticle, because of its rate of decay, will cause issues in your hypothalamic - pituitary-gonadal axis.

I don’t know how long or how aggressive of a deficit you’re doing, but honestly you probably don’t need anything and if you do need anything, just use clomiphene citrate or end clomiphene that’ll keep her testosterone hi without affecting your fertility or any natural hormonal system regulators "
Just a slight cut to get to 12% from 18%. 76kg 6 foot rn, slight skinny fat. Want to start off on a good base. After 12% I want to lean bulk and put on muscles while on test.

What are your thoughts on me doing this

Just a slight cut to get to 12% from 18%. 76kg 6 foot rn, slight skinny fat. Want to start off on a good base. After 12% I want to lean bulk and put on muscles while on test.

What are your thoughts on me doing this
76kg at 6ft being 18% sounds like you're better off putting on the muscle now as imo you're underweight as it is and may find it harder to build muscle at an even further reduced weight.

With that being said if you plan to hop on test after the cut then ignore what I said above, always start gear at an already low bf % to mitigate sides.

76kg at 6ft being 18% sounds like you're better off putting on the muscle now as imo you're underweight as it is and may find it harder to build muscle at an even further reduced weight.

With that being said if you plan to hop on test after the cut then ignore what I said above, always start gear at an already low bf % to mitigate sides.
damn so you recommend doing a recomp? (build muscle, while losing fat). I've still got noobie gains in me, only been gym 2 months

my physique:

Looking to do 500mg test a week, 1 cycle only, get on pct.

Attachments

• 3657252_IMG_9591.jpeg
    3657252_IMG_9591.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3657253_IMG_9590.jpeg
    3657253_IMG_9590.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 0
damn so you recommend doing a recomp? (build muscle, while losing fat). I've still got noobie gains in me, only been gym 2 months

my physique:

Looking to do 500mg test a week, 1 cycle only, get on pct.
in that case yes just perform a recomp, train naturally for as long as possible. you'll actually look leaner while remaining at the same weight. just focus mostly on protein.

also can't see any reason to just do one cycle..

in that case yes just perform a recomp, train naturally for as long as possible. you'll actually look leaner while remaining at the same weight. just focus mostly on protein.

also can't see any reason to just do one cycle..
aha idk bro I kinda want to speed up the process while also losing fat. What about hgh/igf or even peptides like cjc 1295 no dac + ipamorelin. I heard those are good for strength, losing fat, recovery, sleep, skin etc.

if you hop on test you wouldn't need to "cut" to begin with

higher testosterone bolsters fat loss which is why mfs like sam sulek can eat 5k+ calories of junk on a bulk and still be leaner than 95% of people

so you could literally keep eating like normal, and also get casually massive and lean at the same time

I personally wouldn't ever hop on due to my concern with potential long term effects, but it is definitely overpowered

• +1
Reactions: yayatourer