Reactions: Slyfex8
mew for 3 hours and this happens to your maxilla

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist, Mewton, EckhartTollemaxx and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist
mew for 3 hours and this happens to your maxilla

No you're wrong, you should mew for at least 2months to get such results...

• +1
Reactions: Nomie
Most of the facial movement in the gif is achievable through alveolar remodelling, which is a process that takes place even on adults (AGGA is the most obvious proof of this, although as an approach it is awkward). The correct way to develop the alveolar ridge is to bite forward with the mandible, so that the bicuspids, canines and incisors make contact. Your mandible is a face-pulling device (or more correctly, a face-pushing device). You are meant to use the mandible to push the maxilla forward, as this also locks in the cervical posture in a way tongue alone couldn't.

By doing this, you cause bone resorption behind the posterior maxillary alveolar ridge, and new bone formation in the anterior maxillary ridge in front of your teeth. This allows the teeth to effectively hover through the bone. At the same time, you are pushing the mandibular incisors and canines backwards with the maxillary teeth, which allows your jaw and chin to slide forward, increasing its projection. In short, the upper and lower front teeth are moving each other to opposite directions, which leads to a better balance of the jaws as the mandible is no longer trapped behind overly forward lower teeth and overly backward upper teeth

A2fawfasf

Nothing about this is speculation, as everything I have shared about the remoldability of the alveolar ridge is known even to the common orthodontist.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: the_nextDavidLaid, neckcheck, Deleted member 9467 and 5 others
Most of the facial movement in the gif is achievable through alveolar remodelling, which is a process that takes place even on adults (AGGA is the most obvious proof of this, although as an approach it is awkward). The correct way to develop the alveolar ridge is to bite forward with the mandible, so that the bicuspids, canines and incisors make contact. Your mandible is a face-pulling device (or more correctly, a face-pushing device). You are meant to use the mandible to push the maxilla forward, as this also locks in the cervical posture in a way tongue alone couldn't.

By doing this, you cause bone resorption behind the posterior maxillary alveolar ridge, and new bone formation in the anterior maxillary ridge in front of your teeth. This allows the teeth to effectively hover through the bone. At the same time, you are pushing the mandibular incisors and canines backwards with the maxillary teeth, which allows your jaw and chin to slide forward, increasing its projection.

View attachment 152720

Nothing about this is speculation, as everything I have shared about the remoldability of the alveolar ridge is known even to the common orthodontist.
@Deliciadecu

By doing this, you cause bone resorption behind the posterior maxillary alveolar ridge, and new bone formation in the anterior maxillary ridge in front of your teeth. This allows the teeth to effectively hover through the bone. At the same time, you are pushing the mandibular incisors and canines backwards with the maxillary teeth, which allows your jaw and chin to slide forward, increasing its projection.

View attachment 152720

Very interesting, I don't know if I should believe it, where did you learned that, have you seen people changing by doing that?

That said, it's definitely not a movement of the maxilla, but a remodeling of the alveolar ridge like FAGGA as you said.

And so, it's not really related to the changes you see in the image I put on, there won't be all the positive effects on the upper parts of the maxilla, like the nose?

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
Hard mewing with great posture and good form will produce these type of results if you start younger than 20. It just takes time and effort, but isnt that always the case with anything worthwhile? stop soft mewing faggots.

• +1
Reactions: Slyfex8
Hard mewing with great posture and good form will produce these type of results if you start younger than 20. It just takes time and effort, but isnt that always the case with anything worthwhile? stop soft mewing faggots.

It is better to facepull than to hardmew imo... If you have to concentrate all day long for like 8 hours applying the maximum possible force in the right direction and symmetrically with your tongue, it is difficult to think of anything else. And I think that's why hardmewing doesn't seem to show good results.

No maxilla for your cranial base, that gif is from a cranial base study. Mewing won't do shit if your cranial base is shit, it's putting your tongue on the roof of your mouth that is causing that, but the cranial base

Cranial Base > all

Delusional cope

Mastodontic cope in fact

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
Very interesting, I don't know if I should believe it, where did you learned that, have you seen people changing by doing that?
In my opinion you can see something similar happening in salludon's pictures. The way his chin changed... it fits perfectly with the hypothesis I've given.

410 56CBBA85 F3FA 4EEE ACFB 6485E41A76F7

Same could perhaps be said about jamo:

Ir0p7a

I'm not sure what to believe myself either, but based on what I have experienced so far, I am about 90% convinced that this is it. If it's not this, then nothing is, since I have exhausted practically every other possibility in the past years. Now that I have been at this method for a month, my overbite has finally begun lessening (legit 2-3mm less than before). My chin also feels pointier than before. In contrast, years of mewing teeth apart - although having greatly improved my middle third and palatal width (36->44mm) - did nothing for the lower third.

A while ago John Mew also posted this:

Johmewmolars

which in my view affirms that it is the teeth and the alveolar dynamics that create the jawline.

That said, it's definitely not a movement of the maxilla, but a remodeling of the alveolar ridge like FAGGA as you said.

And so, it's not really related to the changes you see in the image I put on, there won't be all the positive effects on the upper parts of the maxilla, like the nose?
I am familiar with the gif you have posted, I like it a lot too. Maxillary upswing as a whole could be a little misleading concept. It seems that the maxilla is like a mesh. It can molded, stretched, compressed. So it's not just some solid block of bone that merely rotates up or down. The posterior tongue definitely improves the upper parts of the maxilla, and it can do so without affecting the positioning of the lower maxilla. I'd say the gif is a streamlined version of the actual process, with both the beginning and ending forms being more realistic than the visualized transformation. But that's just me.

• +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe, AscendingHero and Slyfex8
It is better to facepull than to hardmew imo... If you have to concentrate all day long for like 8 hours applying the maximum possible force in the right direction and symmetrically with your tongue, it is difficult to think of anything else. And I think that's why hardmewing doesn't seem to show good results.
no. facpulling can fuck up whole face lmao pallate expansion with tongueis natural and proven to work. I understand if you want to find shortcuts to getting good face considering you'd only like to improve when its by ur terms. Maybe you are hoping the belt could slip onto your throat.
Cranial Base > all

Delusional cope
Mastodontic cope in fact
retard. Whats ur pallate looking like? stay melted idiot do some research.

In my opinion you can see something similar happening in salludon's pictures. The way his chin changed... it fits perfectly with the hypothesis I've given.

View attachment 152751

Same could perhaps be said about jamo:

View attachment 152758

I'm not sure what to believe myself either, but based on what I have experienced so far, I am about 90% convinced that this is it. If it's not this, then nothing is, since I have exhausted practically every other possibility in the past years. Now that I have been at this method for a month, my overbite has finally begun lessening (legit 2-3mm less than before). My chin also feels pointier than before. In contrast, years of mewing teeth apart - although having greatly improved my middle third and palatal width (36->44mm) - did nothing for the lower third.

A while ago John Mew also posted this:

View attachment 152739

which in my view affirms that it is the teeth and the alveolar dynamics that create the jawline.

I am familiar with the gif you have posted, I like it a lot too. Maxillary upswing as a whole could be a little misleading concept. It seems that the maxilla is like a mesh. It can molded, stretched, compressed. So it's not just some solid block of bone that merely rotates up or down. The posterior tongue definitely improves the upper parts of the maxilla, and it can do so without affecting the positioning of the lower maxilla. I'd say the gif is a streamlined version of the actual process, with both the beginning and ending forms being more realistic than the visualized transformation. But that's just me.

What is fun with the movement that you describe from chewing this way is that is the exact opposite movement of the alveolar ridge obtained from Class II elastics when orthodontists try to ""fix"" an overbite/overjet. And this shit seems to be really bad for facial aesthetic as I experimented it myself.

What is fun with the movement that you describe from chewing this way is that is the exact opposite movement of the alveolar ridge obtained from Class II elastics when orthodontists try to ""fix"" an overbite/overjet. And this shit seems to be really bad for facial aesthetic as I experimented it myself.

View attachment 152765
Yeah that is true, horrible stuff.

33fq12ftzbc31

I slept my childhood with a retractive device that was attached to my molars and strapped around my neck. I don't doubt that it's possible for the alveolar process to develop wrong with habits like tongue trust (think open bite), but as far as proper tooth contact goes, having both the lower and upper teeth subject to movement is an innate safety mechanism, since it means that neither arch can push the other arch out of balance (relative to jaws). Rather, the exact opposite happens: balance increases.

A couple of pictures where in my opinion the difference in alveolar process is greater than the difference in upper maxillary area:

Screenshot 108

Screenshot 18

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: neckcheck, AscendingHero, aphoria and 4 others
Yeah that is true, horrible stuff.

View attachment 152789

I slept my childhood with a retractive device that was attached to my molars and strapped around my neck. I don't doubt that it's possible for the alveolar process to develop wrong with habits like tongue trust (think open bite), but as far as proper tooth contact goes, having both the lower and upper teeth subject to movement is an innate safety mechanism, since it means that neither arch can push the other arch out of balance (relative to jaws). Rather, the exact opposite happens: balance increases.

A couple of pictures where in my opinion the difference in alveolar process is greater than the difference in upper maxillary area:

View attachment 152787

View attachment 152786

It's really good that you happened to lessen your overbite, so, if I am not wrong your entire lower jaw had moved forward by like 3mm from this changes on the alveolar bone? Do you think the result looks like as when I jut my lower jaw forward in a slight underbite? Also, what have you chewed, and how much per day ?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 3043
It's really good that you happened to lessen your overbite, so, if I am not wrong your entire lower jaw had moved forward by like 3mm from this changes on the alveolar bone? Do you think the result looks like as when I jut my lower jaw forward in a slight underbite? Also, what have you chewed, and how much per day ?
It should look a bit like jutting, though without the unsightly protrusion of the area below lower lip. I doubt my jaw as a whole has advanced 3mm yet, but rather I meant that the amount of lower teeth that can be seen from behind the upper teeth when bringing the teeth together has increased by that amount.

I'm not a fan of chewing for chewing's sake. I don't believe masseter & temporalis hypertrophy is desirable. I simply clench my teeth together the way I described throughout the day. Biting forward hardly even activates the masseters or temporalis, only the lateral and medial pterygoids, which serve as connections between the mandible, the maxilla and the sphenoid. I suspect that keeping the pterygoids engaged creates a specific kind of pull that may favourably change maxillary or sphenoidal alignment, perhaps by rotating the posterior maxilla down or otherwise impacting the cranial base.

Musculuspterygoideuslateralis

3 s20 B9780323045834000060 f006 019b 9780323045834

• +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe, AscendingHero, aphoria and 1 other person
Bones-of-the-Cranium-The-Calvarium-and-Cranial-Base..jpg

The occipit is part of the cranial base
and how to know if you have a good or bad cranial base ?
It should look a bit like jutting, though without the unsightly protrusion of the area below lower lip. I doubt my jaw as a whole has advanced 3mm yet, but rather I meant that the amount of lower teeth that can be seen from behind the upper teeth when bringing the teeth together has increased by that amount.

I'm not a fan of chewing for chewing's sake. I don't believe masseter & temporalis hypertrophy is desirable. I simply clench my teeth together the way I described throughout the day. Biting forward hardly even activates the masseters or temporalis, only the lateral and medial pterygoids, which serve as connections between the mandible, the maxilla and the sphenoid. I suspect that keeping the pterygoids engaged creates a specific kind of pull that may favourably change maxillary or sphenoidal alignment, perhaps by rotating the posterior maxilla down or otherwise impacting the cranial base.

View attachment 152823
View attachment 152825
have you a whole guide of it/video or can you make one ?
as op, class II rubber bands has fucked up my forward growth

and how to know if you have a good or bad cranial base ?

Basically:

Brow ridge
Deep-set eyes
Class I (without any previous treatment)

If you have these three, you certainly at least have an average/normal cranial base

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
have you a whole guide of it/video or can you make one ?
as op, class II rubber bands has fucked up my forward growth
I just jut my jaw forward so that the incisors and canines meet then push forward with a moderate amount of force. Other than that, mew normally.

Dad2d

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Tr0ubLe, AscendingHero, SOS-Sonic and 2 others
Basically:

Brow ridge
Deep-set eyes
Class I (without any previous treatment)

If you have these three, you certainly at least have an average/normal cranial base
never begun for the last 2
I just jut my jaw forward so that the incisors and canines meet then push forward with a moderate amount of force. Other than that, mew normally.

View attachment 153693
do you mew during the same time ?
i guess you can do that while mouth opened ?
and obv you don't make the incisors and canine touch themselves?

@Slyfex8
@streege

It's a part of mewing essentially. Surely you know the Orthotropic premise: "Lips together, teeth together, tongue on the roof of the mouth." This is just the "teeth together" aspect that I am highlighting. I'm doing this 12+ hours a day. And yes, the incisors and canines touch. Well, they more than touch. They are clenched firmly together.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Slyfex8 and Deleted member 3043
@Slyfex8
@streege

It's a part of mewing essentially. Surely you know the Orthotropic premise: "Lips together, teeth together, tongue on the roof of the mouth." This is just the "teeth together" aspect that I am highlighting. I'm doing this 12+ hours a day. And yes, the incisors and canines touch. Well, they more than touch. They are clenched firmly together.

Wait, do you mean that your resting position is clenching the front teeth together?

Wait, do you mean that your resting position is clenching the front teeth together?
Yes, not edge-to-edge though, but the frontside of lower teeth against the backside of upper teeth, as shown in the illustration I posted earlier. My canines&incisors are in firm contact, and bicuspids&molars perhaps 1mm apart. I imagine that molar contact will improve once my bite becomes less deep. Also the masseters and temporalis are not supposed to activate when clenching in this way. It's mainly the pterygoids that are doing the work.

• +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe, AscendingHero and Slyfex8
Hmm so suction hold or hard mewing? 🤨

Yes, not edge-to-edge though, but the frontside of lower teeth against the backside of upper teeth, as shown in the illustration I posted earlier. My canines&incisors are in firm contact, and bicuspids&molars perhaps 1mm apart. I imagine that molar contact will improve once my bite becomes less deep. Also the masseters and temporalis are not supposed to activate when clenching in this way. It's mainly the pterygoids that are doing the work.
I've had experiences where I lessened my deepbite by like 3-4mms for the first time the past month, but the problem is, I have no idea what fucking causes the upswing, I thought to myself that perhaps that night before I got progress, I must've had my teeth in contact, which I did, but I don't know anymore because I don't necessarily get progress from doing so.

Question is, when teeth are in gentle contact, should you feel pressure on the teeth after a few hours? Is it the alveolar remodeling that I just crucially need?

I've had experiences where I lessened my deepbite by like 3-4mms for the first time the past month, but the problem is, I have no idea what fucking causes the upswing, I thought to myself that perhaps that night before I got progress, I must've had my teeth in contact, which I did, but I don't know anymore because I don't necessarily get progress from doing so.

Question is, when teeth are in gentle contact, should you feel pressure on the teeth after a few hours? Is it the alveolar remodeling that I just crucially need?
Yes, you will often end up feeling pressure and soreness in your teeth.

Yes, you will often end up feeling pressure and soreness in your teeth.
That's great, when do results usually come in? Or atleast for your case, does it take a few days?

results as in lessening the overbite/ ccw rotation

That's great, when do results usually come in? Or atleast for your case, does it take a few days?

results as in lessening the overbite/ ccw rotation
It took about a month to notice the difference. Your occlusion will also be changing temporarily throughout the day so that in the evening your bite is better, which can give a false sense of progress because then in the morning most of it has reverted back... unless you manage to sleep in a way that allows you to maintain teeth contact throughout the night. I personally can't.

It took about a month to notice the difference. Your occlusion will also be changing temporarily throughout the day so that in the evening your bite is better, which can give a false sense of progress because then in the morning most of it has reverted back... unless you manage to sleep in a way that allows you to maintain teeth contact throughout the night. I personally can't.
holy shit I think this actually confirms my past experience where I mewd really hard or something in a laying position chin tucked browsing on my phone, and possibly had the teeth in contact as well but the tongue disallowed clenching so it was a gentle touch for like a few hours. I then realized in the evening when I started eating food, that my teeth, mostly the front, were sore as fuck and I could actually feel the bite being different or something, but I couldnt see the progress in the mirror, this happened multiple times but very occasional

it takes time and lefort

• JFL
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, theanonymousone, aphoria and 1 other person