The best way to learn a language quickly

yue

yue

Exponent
This guy Alexander Arguelles is probably one of the best polyglots in the world

He made a post that I stumbled onto awhile back talking about the book and audio series Assimil.

Basically intro books that have english on one side of the page and the target language on the other, you listen to the audio and repeat what the mp3 says. Repeat this a few times for each lesson. Simple as that. If you go through the intro book fully, (100 lessons, about 15 minutes each lesson). Then you'll have conversational ability in that language and can go from there how you see fit.

Here's Arguelles demonstrating his method

Many of the assimil books and audio you can pirate in various places online.

• +1
Reactions: Xerendip and junpei
Live in the country

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84
English is the best language

You can't speak a language quickly, it requires at least 6 months of studying

• +1
Reactions: Rea
You can't speak a language quickly, it requires at least 6 months of studying
depends what you mean by speak, true fluency takes a lifetime, having a conversation can take a few weeks

• +1
Reactions: LevantinePsycho
you should just learn the basics from dulingo or some shit then watch movies in that language thats how i learned english

• +1
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx
you should just learn the basics from dulingo or some shit then watch movies in that language thats how i learned english
assimil is better than duolingo because you learn to speak (output) at the same time as listening (input)

depends what you mean by speak, true fluency takes a lifetime, having a conversation can take a few weeks
Only if Spanish, Italian or even French and German. Aside from that I do not know if someone can speak a conversation in Russian, Greek or Chinese in a few weeks

• +1
Reactions: yue
Bad method, when you immerse yourself looking at any translations is bad. You have to understand the sentence by yourself

+ Trying to talk at an early stage is bad cause this will nuke your pronunciation if you don't have enough Input/Output already

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84
Bad method, when you immerse yourself looking at any translations is bad. You have to understand the sentence by yourself

+ Trying to talk at an early stage is bad cause this will nuke your pronunciation if you don't have enough Input/Output already
Wrong, figuring words out yourself is helpful, but slow, nothing wrong with an indirect translation
You're aren't talking, you only repeat what the mp3 says, a method known as ghosting, you don't talk except when ghosting the voice

True fluency never happens after the age of 12 btw

Wrong, figuring words out yourself is helpful, but slow, nothing wrong with an indirect translation
You're aren't talking, you only repeat what the mp3 says, a method known as ghosting, you don't talk except when ghosting the voice
That's not wrong you fucking retard i'm not saying that's myself that's what steve kaufmann says and I got a pretty good level in japanese (N1 after a year) by following his advice

If you can't figure a basic translation by yourself after learning some grammar and some vocab you can just drop the idea of learning a language cause you're ngmi

do guide for accent, mine slavic accent sounds so retarded when speaking english or any other language.

LingQ method is the best by far

Duolingo is the worst app to learn languages, their course gives you a mediocre level and many of their examples are wrong

That's not wrong you fucking retard i'm not saying that's myself that's what steve kaufmann says and I got a pretty good level in japanese (N1 after a year) by following his advice

If you can't figure a basic translation by yourself after learning some grammar and some vocab you can just drop the idea of learning a language cause you're ngmi
Steve Kaufmann is a jewish grifter

• Ugh..
Reactions: Rea