The Blackpill Guide On Cutting Your Own Hair: I Won’t Ignore This (Pics Inside)

starvecell

starvecell

parents are never wrong
Alright, boys, it’s time to take matters into your own hands and stop relying on barbers who can potentially ruin your look. I’m here to tell you how cutting my own hair boosted my PSL by 0.5, and the best part is—it’s totally FREE, and YOU control the outcome.

Lessons I Learned While Doing This:Comfy:

Let me start by saying, I didn’t think I could do this at first. I was scared of messing up and making myself look worse, but guess what? The reality is, anyone can learn this. You don’t have to be a pro—you just need patience and the right techniques.

Key Lesson #1: Use your fingers to feel the length of your hair while cutting. Your eyes can only do so much, and your fingers are perfect for sensing evenness. This trick helped me make sure both sides were even and nothing looked off.

Key Lesson #2: If a barber messes up, they’ll usually try to cut it shorter to cover their mistake. That’s why you often leave a barbershop with way shorter hair than you wanted. When you cut your own hair, you can stop right there when things go off track—you control when to stop and adjust.

Key Lesson #3: Take small cuts! Don’t be reckless and go in for long, dramatic snips. If you make short cuts, there’s less risk of overdoing it, and you can always cut more if needed. DO NOT cut it dry! Wet your hair first, because cutting dry hair leads to uneven lengths and makes it harder to control.

Why You NEED to Watch This Video:ogre:

The video I followed is based on a middle wolf cut or butterfly cut. It’s not about the specific style but rather the layering techniques that make this video a goldmine. Believe me, I’ve watched hundreds of haircut tutorials, and this one stands out for being simple, effective, and beginner-friendly.

Even if the wolf cut isn’t your style, the layering techniques are priceless and can be adapted to suit different hairstyles. You can apply them to the sides, back, or just for adding texture. Seriously, this is the best hair pill you’ll ever take.

What I Did – Step-by-Step Guide:chad:

Here’s the exact process I followed using just a comb and scissors (no clippers needed). And remember, take small cuts and don’t cut dry!

1. Prep your hair:
- Wet your hair first. Use a spray bottle or dampen it with water. Wet hair makes it easier to control and helps ensure the cuts are even.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair. Make sure it’s smooth and ready for cutting.

2. Section your hair:
- Start by dividing your hair into manageable sections. Use hair clips or ties to pin back the sections you’re not working on.
- Start with the top section, which will be the most visible, and then move on to the sides and back.

3. Layering the top:
- Take a small section of hair from the crown and hold it up between your index and middle fingers.

- Angle your fingers slightly, so you create a soft, layered effect. Cut a tiny amount at first—always aim for small snips, not long cuts.
- Keep combing and checking the length to make sure it’s even as you move from one side of your head to the other.
- If you’re unsure, err on the side of caution and take less off. You can always go back later and cut more if needed.

4. Trimming the sides:
- Start with the hair closest to your ear. Hold the hair between your fingers like before, but this time cut vertically, following the natural angle of your head.

- Continue this process all the way to the back of your head.
- The key here is consistency. Always keep your cuts small, and stop frequently to check if the lengths are even.
- Use your fingers to feel for balance. Does the right side feel shorter than the left? Adjust it little by little.

5. Blending the back and sides:
- Now it’s time to blend the back and sides so there aren’t any harsh lines between layers.

- Take sections from the back and sides and cut at an angle to create a seamless transition between the layers.
- If you’re unsure, hold off on cutting too much. You don’t want to go too short. You can always refine it later.

6. Final touch-up:
- Once you’ve cut the bulk of your hair, let it air dry or blow-dry it.

- This is when you’ll really see how the cut looks dry. If you notice any uneven spots, now’s the time to make tiny adjustments and blend things in.
- Remember: short cuts are key—always trim small amounts at a time. The more you practice, the better you’ll get.

THE ONLY THREE TOOLS I USED :feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:

WhatsApp Image 2024 10 02 at 212020 23b4f36e

Aftermath:feelstrash: (40% of what i cut)
WhatsApp Image 2024 10 02 at 212020 b0fa7f33

Why Barbers Can’t Be Trusted:feelsohgod:

We’ve all been there. You walk into the barbershop, tell them what you want, and leave looking nothing like you imagined. Why? Because barbers can mess up, and when they do, they just cut more hair off. Sometimes it’s because they’re having a bad day, or worse—they see you mogging them and subconsciously mess with your look.

Cutting your own hair eliminates this risk. You’re in control, and you don’t have to worry about someone else’s insecurities messing with your appearance. You control the cut, the length, and the outcome.

Final Thoughts:feelsmage:

This is the best advice on the hair pill you’ll ever get. Stop letting barbers dictate your look and start cutting your own hair. Even if you don’t want the full wolf or butterfly cut, the layering techniques are universal and can be used to enhance any style.

It’s honestly a game changer. My IOIs have gone through the roof, and my hair now perfectly complements my face, rather than whatever the barber felt like doing that day. It’s time to take control.

Now the before and after pics—you’ll be amazed at the difference.

BEFORE:feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh:
WhatsApp Image 2024 10 02 at 211139 88303bcd
WhatsApp Image 2024 10 02 at 211139 d59b2e7d

AFTER:feelshmm::feelshmm::feelshmm:
4423044 IMG 8398

WhatsApp Image 2024 10 02 at 211140 c50178eb

Here’s the video that started it all for me: Video Link ()

starve

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ElTruecel, Joshrc, fraudmaxxer7 and 10 others
Dnr. And fuck off with extra 0.5PSL

• +1
Reactions: wastedspermcel and kalluss
I mess up my hair cutting it like a fag might redo after this one

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksThinker, ronald_2 and starvecell
@try2beme

• +1
Reactions: try2beme
IMG 2843
What haircut for this hair type

• +1
Reactions: starvecell
Read every word great post I really needed this

• +1
@Gengar @Jason Voorhees @ItsOverLawg @boss8055 @mayo mogger

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and Gengar
g
Alright, boys, it’s time to take matters into your own hands and stop relying on barbers who can potentially ruin your look. I’m here to tell you how cutting my own hair boosted my PSL by 0.5, and the best part is—it’s totally FREE, and YOU control the outcome.

Lessons I Learned While Doing This:Comfy:

Let me start by saying, I didn’t think I could do this at first. I was scared of messing up and making myself look worse, but guess what? The reality is, anyone can learn this. You don’t have to be a pro—you just need patience and the right techniques.

Key Lesson #1: Use your fingers to feel the length of your hair while cutting. Your eyes can only do so much, and your fingers are perfect for sensing evenness. This trick helped me make sure both sides were even and nothing looked off.

Key Lesson #2: If a barber messes up, they’ll usually try to cut it shorter to cover their mistake. That’s why you often leave a barbershop with way shorter hair than you wanted. When you cut your own hair, you can stop right there when things go off track—you control when to stop and adjust.

Key Lesson #3: Take small cuts! Don’t be reckless and go in for long, dramatic snips. If you make short cuts, there’s less risk of overdoing it, and you can always cut more if needed. DO NOT cut it dry! Wet your hair first, because cutting dry hair leads to uneven lengths and makes it harder to control.

Why You NEED to Watch This Video:ogre:

The video I followed is based on a middle wolf cut or butterfly cut. It’s not about the specific style but rather the layering techniques that make this video a goldmine. Believe me, I’ve watched hundreds of haircut tutorials, and this one stands out for being simple, effective, and beginner-friendly.

Even if the wolf cut isn’t your style, the layering techniques are priceless and can be adapted to suit different hairstyles. You can apply them to the sides, back, or just for adding texture. Seriously, this is the best hair pill you’ll ever take.

What I Did – Step-by-Step Guide:chad:

Here’s the exact process I followed using just a comb and scissors (no clippers needed). And remember, take small cuts and don’t cut dry!

1. Prep your hair:
- Wet your hair first. Use a spray bottle or dampen it with water. Wet hair makes it easier to control and helps ensure the cuts are even.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair. Make sure it’s smooth and ready for cutting.

2. Section your hair:
- Start by dividing your hair into manageable sections. Use hair clips or ties to pin back the sections you’re not working on.
- Start with the top section, which will be the most visible, and then move on to the sides and back.

3. Layering the top:
- Take a small section of hair from the crown and hold it up between your index and middle fingers.

- Angle your fingers slightly, so you create a soft, layered effect. Cut a tiny amount at first—always aim for small snips, not long cuts.
- Keep combing and checking the length to make sure it’s even as you move from one side of your head to the other.
- If you’re unsure, err on the side of caution and take less off. You can always go back later and cut more if needed.

4. Trimming the sides:
- Start with the hair closest to your ear. Hold the hair between your fingers like before, but this time cut vertically, following the natural angle of your head.

- Continue this process all the way to the back of your head.
- The key here is consistency. Always keep your cuts small, and stop frequently to check if the lengths are even.
- Use your fingers to feel for balance. Does the right side feel shorter than the left? Adjust it little by little.

5. Blending the back and sides:
- Now it’s time to blend the back and sides so there aren’t any harsh lines between layers.

- Take sections from the back and sides and cut at an angle to create a seamless transition between the layers.
- If you’re unsure, hold off on cutting too much. You don’t want to go too short. You can always refine it later.

6. Final touch-up:
- Once you’ve cut the bulk of your hair, let it air dry or blow-dry it.

- This is when you’ll really see how the cut looks dry. If you notice any uneven spots, now’s the time to make tiny adjustments and blend things in.
- Remember: short cuts are key—always trim small amounts at a time. The more you practice, the better you’ll get.

THE ONLY THREE TOOLS I USED :feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:

View attachment 3213346

Aftermath:feelstrash: (40% of what i cut)
View attachment 3213352

Why Barbers Can’t Be Trusted:feelsohgod:

We’ve all been there. You walk into the barbershop, tell them what you want, and leave looking nothing like you imagined. Why? Because barbers can mess up, and when they do, they just cut more hair off. Sometimes it’s because they’re having a bad day, or worse—they see you mogging them and subconsciously mess with your look.

Cutting your own hair eliminates this risk. You’re in control, and you don’t have to worry about someone else’s insecurities messing with your appearance. You control the cut, the length, and the outcome.

Final Thoughts:feelsmage:

This is the best advice on the hair pill you’ll ever get. Stop letting barbers dictate your look and start cutting your own hair. Even if you don’t want the full wolf or butterfly cut, the layering techniques are universal and can be used to enhance any style.

It’s honestly a game changer. My IOIs have gone through the roof, and my hair now perfectly complements my face, rather than whatever the barber felt like doing that day. It’s time to take control.

Now the before and after pics—you’ll be amazed at the difference.

BEFORE:feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh:
View attachment 3213330View attachment 3213331

AFTER:feelshmm::feelshmm::feelshmm:
View attachment 3213332
View attachment 3213333

Here’s the video that started it all for me: Video Link ()

starve

good thread

• +1
Read every word. I have been doing this since 2013 but I disagree with some points here. So far the biggest challenge is doing a fade, I’ve not attempted these as it’s just too tricky to execute on your own but it’s a good decision if you don’t care about fades and whatnot. Despite the experience, there can be good and bad outcomes. Don’t beat yourself up over it and hopefully it just grows back. Practice makes perfect.

• +1
Reactions: psychomandible and starvecell
Bump give bro some reps for high effort thread @mayo mogger @psychomandible @ey88 @ElTruecel @Snowskinned

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel, Snowskinned, ey88 and 1 other person
Screenshot 20241001 113949 Chrome
I'll read later

Bump give bro some reps for high effort thread @mayo mogger @psychomandible @ey88 @ElTruecel @Snowskinned
Thanks for the tag bro, I was literally just talking about cutting my own hair @cromagnon

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and cromagnon
very good thread,it feels soo good knowing how to cut your own hair so you an maintain it a longish length

• +1