The Bodyfat% range that every looksmaxxer needs to be at

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
10-15%

This is a pre-requisite, everything else comes after.

• +1
Reactions: TUSSELEIF, Nisse, LooksmaxxHopeful and 7 others
10-11% specifically tbh 14, 15 is wayyy too much

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, LooksmaxxHopeful, TrestIsBest and 4 others
you can get away with 14% if you're older with a beard I guess... but if you're a prettyboy in your prime 10% is where it's at

It’s actually not, that’s the social media-induced body dysmorphia talking.

At that bf% you will still have a flat stomach with slight ab definition. Also it’s the bf% where vast majority of men will feel and perform optimally.

Men that are genetically prone to being heavier will struggle to maintain 10-11% while feeling and performing optimally.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and TrestIsBest
It’s actually not, that’s the social media-induced body dysmorphia talking.

At that bf% you will still have a flat stomach with slight ab definition. Also it’s the bf% where vast majority of men will feel and perform optimally.

Men that are genetically prone to being heavier will struggle to maintain 10-11% while feeling and performing optimally.
nigga you literally used body dysmorphia as an argument:soy::soy:
reddit tier shit

15% aint enough you gotta really get down to business and get down to 11% unless you have solid solid bones.

11% should be the goal, that's when you have really well defined features even if you are a boneless guy (like me:feelswah:)

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
nigga you literally used body dysmorphia as an argument:soy::soy:
reddit tier shit

15% aint enough
You know nothing about this shit if you think every man can maintain 10-11% while feeling and performing optimally. It’s a bf% “range” for a reason, there’s huge variance in genetic leanness.

If you have good muscle at 15% you will look very good. Mike Thurston is 15% but the amount of muscle he has makes him look much leaner. He probs ain’t natural but it’s an example of how 15% still looks amazing.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, Sigmamale and Danish_Retard
11% should be the goal, that's when you have really well defined features even if you are a boneless guy (like me:feelswah:)
Can’t put a specific number like that on everyone.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Mike Thurston is 15% but the amount of muscle he has makes him look leaner.
Bro am I really the person who doesn't know about this cuz you just cited Mike Thurston, a literal CHAD with good looks and not only that you literally jsut said that his muscles help make him look lean haha I'm talking about being skinny in general for regular non high-tier looks (chadlite/chad) guys with not-as-robust bones or looks

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, thereallegend and JamesHowlett
Bro am I really the person who doesn't know about this cuz you just cited Mike Thurston, a literal CHAD with good looks and not only that you literally jsut said that his muscles help make him look lean haha I'm talking about being skinny in general for regular non high-tier looks (chadlite/chad) guys with not-as-robust bones or looks
I was talking about specifically his body.

Bro if YOU look better at 10-11% why are you talking as if I said something wrong? Some guys are better at 10-11, others at 14-15, hence the range.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
I was talking about specifically his body.

Bro if YOU look better at 10-11% why are you talking as if I said something wrong? Some guys are better at 10-11, others at 14-15, hence the range.
Maybe a miscommunication between us I don't know but I'm saying if you want the best results and if you're not already at a chad/chadlite level or whatever, you should go lean up as hard as you can if your bones are the best/angular and if you're not that robust

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and JamesHowlett
Maybe a miscommunication between us I don't know but I'm saying if you want the best results and if you're not already at a chad/chadlite level or whatever, you should go lean up as hard as you can if your bones are the best/angular and if you're not that robust
Yes people should lean up hard and if you’re a guy who can only comfortably maintain 14-15% then that’s fine. If you can be comfortable at 10-11% then do that but it’s not in the cards for everyone.

10-15%

This is a pre-requisite, everything else comes after.
sometimes i choose to be higher for muscle gain tbh
i don't hold much fat in my face though

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
sometimes i choose to be higher for muscle gain tbh
i don't hold much fat in my face though
14-15% would be better for muscle gain compared to 10-11%

Where do u sit Bhai? U r a high value guy if I remember right?
I’m probs around 18% right now, leanmaxxing is all I care about atm, lost 7 pounds in last 2 months so going well

You need to be model tier looks and tall to get away with 15% bf, because at 15% your physique will just look average to women who are used to seeing abs and sunken cheeks hundreds of times a day. Luckily it isn't actually that hard to get down to 10% bodyfat you need to stop eating certain foods which you shouldn't be eating anyway.

You need to be model tier looks and tall to get away with 15% bf, because at 15% your physique will just look average to women who are used to seeing abs and sunken cheeks hundreds of times a day. Luckily it isn't actually that hard to get down to 10% bodyfat you need to stop eating certain foods which you shouldn't be eating anyway.
Speak for yourself, a lot of men will never comfortably be able to maintain 10%.

If someone has a lean face at 14-15% and can’t maintain any lower then that’s fine. At that range they’d be able to build muscle better, so they won’t look “average”. 14% with decent muscle looks very good, also you’ll look better in clothes.

This is a range because men have different genetics.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Sigmamale
Cope
There's no difference between maintaining 8% and 15% other than a small difference in metabolic rate

• Ugh..
  • Love it
Reactions: TechnoBoss and JamesHowlett
Cope
There's no difference between maintaining 8% and 15% other than a small difference in metabolic rate
You are absolutely clueless. I hope noone ever takes anything you say about this topic seriously.

Bf% is cope if not obes

• Ugh..
  • Woah
  • Ugh..
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Sigmamale and JamesHowlett
If you lack bones and good fay distribution genetics , no bf % will make you look lean in face
Being lean is a pre-requisite just like drinking water is. It’s not guaranteed to make you good looking but if you aren’t lean in the first place discussing other looksmaxxes is a waste of time.

For every man, going from fat to lean will make your face look better, regardless of the absolute looks level at the end. You’re deluded if you think otherwise.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend and Birdcell
Being lean is a pre-requisite just like drinking water is. It’s not guaranteed to make you good looking but if you aren’t lean in the first place discussing other looksmaxxes is a waste of time.

For every man, going from fat to lean will make your face look better, regardless of the absolute looks level at the end. You’re deluded if you think otherwise.
I don't think otherwise , I just can't cope knowing it won't work me

• +1
  • Woah
I don't think otherwise , I just can't cope knowing it won't work me
As I predicted then, you’re projecting your insecurities onto everyone else.

• +1
Reactions: Birdcell
As I predicted then, you’re projecting your insecurities onto everyone else.
2802387 AC5CB4E4 41CA 4B4F BD8D 0F7536167851

• Woah
I always find it funny when people say 10 percent or death because no tik tokers are actually 10 percent.

• +1
I always find it funny when people say 10 percent or death because no tik tokers are actually 10 percent.
People vastly underestimate leanness. They’ll throw about 10% like nothing when in reality 10% is insanely lean.

• +1
Reactions: Sigmamale
People vastly underestimate leanness. They’ll throw about 10% like nothing when in reality 10% is insanely lean.
Exactly I would say only half of the men actually even have the ability to get to 10 percent and then maybe 25 percent have the ability to maintain it and actually function, maybe even less. Leanmaxxing is kind of meme from 15 to 10 for facial aesthetics. Look at someone like Sean O'pry he is like 14-15 percent body fat and he has hollow cheeks. Obviously leanmaxxing from 20 percent to 15 percent is one of the best looksmaxes hands down.

• +1
ok so you been here since 2019, so outta interest, why arent you lean already?

ok so you been here since 2019, so outta interest, why arent you lean already?
I was lean around 2018-2019 but then just gained weight throughout all the Covid stuff.

In that time period I’ve learned so much about my body and fat loss that I think I’ve now mastered it.

Also tbf I don’t talk about surgery or shit like that because I know being lean is all I need.

• +1
Reactions: russwestbrook
Anything above 13% bf and you won't have a visible six pack, and visible six pack is fundamental aesthetic of a good physique.

Anything above 13% bf and you won't have a visible six pack, and visible six pack is fundamental aesthetic of a good physique.
You won’t have a “6 pack” but you’ll have visible abs at 14-15%. Visible abs + decent muscle is a very good goal, you also look bigger in clothes. Like I said, not everyone can maintain a defined 6 pack and feel/perform optimally.