The book of Ecclesiastes is so good

nuisance

nuisance

The Whitepill is the Truth
Funny how no church I've been to has gone through the book of Ecclesiastes, the average person finds it depressing yet if you know the genuine meaning of it its the complete opposite. It seems nihilistic yet its purpose is the opposite.

I would recommend everyone Christian or not to read the book of proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and job if you are interested in philosophy and growing wisdom.

Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10 - For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun. Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave/Hell, where you are going.

It seems to me like people in the Old Testament had a different view of the afterlife then what Jesus came down and promised us. Mostly because nothing was promised to them.

• +1
Reactions: XxW33dSm0k3rxX