The doctrinal differences between Protestant Lutherans and Eastern Orthodox on Salvation.

lastamericanvirgin

lastamericanvirgin

Banned
The doctrinal differences are pretty significant.

1)Lutherans belief in justification by faith alone, the Orthodox believe that humans have to co-operate with God through works.

2) Western Christians (including Lutherans) hold that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son, in Orthodox theology the spirit is from the Father alone.

3) Orthodox believers venerate icons, which would generally be very alien to Lutheran thought.

4) Lutherans have two sacraments, Orthodox churches have seven.

5) The Orthodox approach to church structure through priests, monks, patriarchs etc. is very distinct from the Lutheran conception.

You will find quite a lot of similarities between Lutheran, Anglican, Roman Catholic, and Orthodox church services because they all come from the same root. Luther in particular wanted to conserve as much of the ancient church as possible in his liturgy.

@AutisticGymcel @PrinceLuenLeoncur

If these guys would see your thread, they wouldn't care, because they probably know something that you don't realize yet :feelshehe:

Faith is all that’s required for salvation, but I would consider works to be a moral duty for every living person.

• Love it
Reactions: lastamericanvirgin
Faith is all that’s required for salvation, but I would consider works to be a moral duty for every living person.

Paul makes it abundantly clear with God inspiring him, that even to the one who does no work for what ever reason, his faith still saves him.

Romans 4:5.

Work will usually manifest itself naturally but even muslims and atheist do good works lol.

Good works for a Christian like feeding your brother or homeless, these will be done naturally due to Thankfulness to God and a change in us which God gets the glory.

Yet none of it has anything to do with salvation like orthodox priest all over youtue claim.

@PrinceLuenLeoncur

• +1
Reactions: AutisticGymcel
Paul makes it abundantly clear with God inspiring him, that even to the one who does no work for what ever reason, his faith still saves him.

Romans 4:5.

Work will usually manifest itself naturally but even muslims and atheist do good works lol.

Good works for a Christian like feeding your brother or homeless, these will be done naturally due to Thankfulness to God and a change in us which God gets the glory.

Yet none of it has anything to do with salvation like orthodox priest all over youtue claim.

@PrinceLuenLeoncur
Works means stuff like praying, going to church, FASTING, following FEAST DAYS, SAINT VENERATION, GIVING TO CHARITY. Etc

Modt of which Protestants don’t do :feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman:

You suits don’t know what “works” means that’s the issue and it’s due to you prots having no continuity with the church and Christian traditions

• Ugh..
Works means stuff like praying, going to church, FASTING, following FEAST DAYS, SAINT VENERATION, GIVING TO CHARITY. Etc

Modt of which Protestants don’t do :feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman:

You suits don’t know what “works” means that’s the issue and it’s due to you prots having no continuity with the church and Christian traditions
No it doesn't. You made that up.

Works means works of the Law even Orthodox and Catholic claim Roman's 4:5 applies to ceremonial laws but doesn't apply to moral law.

It's all based on the law.

You don't even know what your own Church argues. @AutisticGymcel :ogre:

Works means works of the Law even Orthodox and Catholic claim Roman's 4:5 applies to ceremonial laws but doesn't apply to moral law.

It's all based on the law.

You don't even know what your own Church argues. @AutisticGymcel :ogre:
Wow your still using ROMANS WHEN I FUCKING TOLD YOU ALREADY ROMANS IS REFRERING TO THE MOASIC LAW OF JEWISH CONVERTS TO CHRISTIANITY TRYING TO GET THE GENTILE CHRISTIANS TO FOLLOW JUDAISM, known as JUDIAZERS.

THATS what WORKS MEANS IN ROMANS, you keep butchering the bible out of context. It’s FAITH/WORKS that gives us salvation as I have said numerous times there’s NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAIRH AND WORKS AS FAITH HAS WORKS AND WORKS HAS FAITH IF YOU HAVE NO WORKS YOU NEVER HAD FAITH TO BEGIN WITH

• Ugh..
Wow your still using ROMANS WHEN I FUCKING TOLD YOU ALREADY ROMANS IS REFRERING TO THE MOASIC LAW OF JEWISH CONVERTS TO CHRISTIANITY TRYING TO GET THE GENTILE CHRISTIANS TO FOLLOW JUDAISM, known as JUDIAZERS.

THATS what WORKS MEANS IN ROMANS, you keep butchering the bible out of context. It’s FAITH/WORKS that gives us salvation as I have said numerous times there’s NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAIRH AND WORKS AS FAITH HAS WORKS AND WORKS HAS FAITH IF YOU HAVE NO WORKS YOU NEVER HAD FAITH TO BEGIN WITH
Lmfao Romans 4:5 literally says even if I do no work I'm saved by Faith.

Secondly, Ephesians 2:8-9 makes it clear also,

It's by Grace through Faith NOT of works.

So no, Works is not the same as Faith.

The Bible also says in 2 Timothy that even when we are Faithless, God remains faithful.

So if Faith IS works, the Bible always says if I'm faithless I'm still saved.

Once saved always saved.

@AutisticGymcel

It’s FAITH/WORKS that gives us salvation as I have said numerous times there’s NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAIRH AND WORKS AS FAITH HAS WORKS AND WORKS HAS FAITH IF YOU HAVE NO WORKS YOU NEVER HAD FAITH TO BEGIN WITH
The Bible makes it clear works is not the same as Faith and its by faith and grace NOT works.

Romans 4:5

Romans 11:6

Ephesians 2:8-9

The definition of a free gift is that i don't need to do any works to keep of receive it. So boom.

@AutisticGymcel