💩 The Forum UTTERLY DERAILED From Its Purpose | Looksmax.org Historical Data Exploration

When is the forum’s best era so far?

• Total voters
thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
Background Info About The Project
Looksmax.org currently has over 725,000 thread IDs. Every thread ID corresponds to a thread that’s posted, which exists now or got deleted.

I gathered data from 10,500 randomly sampled forum threads from the 1st up to the 700,000th thread.

The samples are split into 14 bins. Each bin contains 750 samples that represent a 50,000-thread-long segment of the forum‘s history.

Results: Looksmaxing vs Raceposting

Usage of anatomical/medical terms had peaked in 2020 and declined after that, while usage of racial and ethnic terms rose throughout the forum’s existence.

Multibar condensed vocabulary per 1000

The latest racial term density is the 2nd-highest it’s ever been, and it seems like it’ll climb higher in the future. Meanwhile, the medical/anatomical term density has never been surpassed after mid–late 2020.

The overdominance of the Offtopic subforum may partly explain the vocabulary trends.

Stacks subforums

In the 1st 50K threads, 64.2% of the sampled threads are in Offtopic. In the 14th 50K threads, 80.8% of the sampled threads are in Offtopic, the 2nd-highest ever.

The proportion of threads outside of the Offtopic subforum declined from 35.8% down to 19.2% — a 46.4% decrease.

Previous Thread In The Series “Looksmax.org Historical Data Exploration”

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15854, Deleted member 26859, Deleted member 25938 and 5 others
Dnr

• WTF
Reactions: thecel
Background Info About The Project
Looksmax.org currently has over 725,000 thread IDs. Every thread ID corresponds to a thread that’s posted, which exists now or got deleted.

I gathered data from 10,500 randomly sampled forum threads from the 1st up to the 700,000th thread.

The samples are split into 14 bins. Each bin contains 750 samples that represent a 50,000-thread-long segment of the forum‘s history.

Results: Looksmaxing vs Raceposting

Usage of anatomical/medical terms had peaked in 2020 and declined after that, while usage of racial and ethnic terms rose throughout the forum’s existence.

View attachment 2210716

The latest racial term density is the 2nd-highest it’s ever been, and it seems like it’ll climb higher in the future. Meanwhile, the medical/anatomical term density has never been surpassed after mid–late 2020.

The overdominance of the Offtopic subforum may partly explain the vocabulary trends.

View attachment 2210721

In the 1st 50K threads, 64.2% of the sampled threads are in Offtopic. In the 14th 50K threads, 80.8% of the sampled threads are in Offtopic, the 2nd-highest ever.

The proportion of threads outside of the Offtopic subforum declined from 35.8% down to 19.2% — a 46.4% decrease.

Previous Thread In The Series “Looksmax.org Historical Data Exploration”
I was not here in those days but i think 2021 was the best year of this forum.

• +1
Another high IQ banger by the resident high IQ user

Yes this forum has gone too shit but you can't say that was not the trajectory it wasn't inevitably heading towards. All the 16 year olds found the new niche 'fad' and they want to looksmax to impress their high school crushes (which they unironically could do better with by trying to socialize at school instead of learning the art of squinting)

Its a sad cycle actually. Take pnuemo for example. Roids at 18, will have a fucked up system by 23. But by then there will be a whole other batch of 16 year olds ready to make the same mistakes.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: BrahminBoss, tombradylover, It'snotover and 3 others
@Alexanderr pin this thread. It is useful information about the history of the forum.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday, thecel and alriodai
  • +1
Reactions: emeraldglass
High iq thread from mastermind the cel, now I consider this place more about people who are non NT where they can talk with similar non NT sub chad people instead of a looks related forum, racebaits and off topic in general kinda proves that looks is not the main topic anymore, but that's fine since yt is plenty of looks related channels.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 43403 and thecel
damn this is super high iq if u scraped all this data by yourself

it’s a shame i wasn’t here for the prime times. at least i’m mature enough to be on here, unlike most users.

that’s probably why they’re so focused on pointless things and race posting rather than actually looksmaxxing

• +1
Didn’t read.

• So Sad
  • Woah
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 43403, It'snotover and thecel