The Guide to Being Stoic(for people who rot on the forums).

Ner0

Ner0

Iron
STOICISM:

What is Stoicism?: Stoicism Was created by Zeno of Citium around 300 BC. Teaching the four virtues of life. Wisdom, courage, temperance or moderation, and justice. Stoics are known for their external things like Health, Wealth, and Pleasure they're Neither good or bad but have value.

Self-Control Of Emotion: Emotion is Mans downfall if not Tamed. You shouldn't eliminate emotion. You should understand your emotion and domesticate it, figure out what triggers it, and solve how to stop this influx of emotion. You shouldn't be angry, sad, Scared, distress, or lustful. because you will forever be a slave to your emotion. Meditate in silent, Write your internal feeling, or ponder on many topics.
Books on Emotion:

Stoicism and Emotion.​

Cicero on the Emotions.​

logic: You must have a clear mind one free from emotionally stress. Logic helps a person see what is the case, reason effectively about practical affairs, stand his or her ground amid confusion, differentiate the certain from the probable, and so forth. Don't take anyone's word for granted research on the subject think about if its possible, and conclude if its true or not.

Books on Logic:

Critical Thinking & Logic Mastery.​

Historians' Fallacies : Toward a Logic of Historical Thought.​

Epistemology: Stoics believe that knowledge is only attain by reasoning while truth is a fallacy. Something the senses constantly receive sensation to the mind. Don't believe all knowledge that has belief throw many opinion.

Books on Epistemology:

Epistemology: Contemporary Readings (Routledge Contemporary Readings in Philosophy)
“Assertion” (from Knowledge and Its Limits).​

I had once screamed, gradually, I lost my voice.

I had once cried, gradually, I lost my tears.

I had once grieved, gradually, I became able to withstand everything.

I had once rejoiced, gradually, I became unmoved by the world.

And now!

All I have left is an expressionless face, my gaze is as tough as a monolith, only perseverance remains in my heart.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: wollet2 and rolloftape

• JFL
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx, greycel and Ner0
go gym

read meditations

eat eggs and steak

profit

• +1
Reactions: ey88, greycel and Ner0
Why would I ignore my body? If someone pushes me I should ignore it and not get mad?

• +1
Reactions: greycel
Why would I ignore my body? If someone pushes me I should ignore it and not get mad?
You shouldn't be in confrontation with anyone but if so you shouldn't irrationally attack them you should strategically figure a way to destroy them, demoralize them, and find out their weakness and uses against them.

Honestly with these types of people that promote an all or nothing change in mindset, it would very rarely practically work with 99% of the population (myself included), and it's too sudden of a shift

Think of this like implants

If you get off the shelf implants, your bone will contour to fit the implant. You're essentially destroying parts of yourself to accommodate a percieved solution (implant) you might think will work.
But what happens if it doesn't (which it likely won't)?
You're fucked and now you lost part of yourself in the process

Instead use fillers, slowly correct what you don't like about yourself.
Just doing one thing a day for a week; the smallest change will slowly build up.
For example, brushing your teeth within 1min of waking up, instead of doom scrolling on social media..

Change your life according to what you believe to be correct, in increments.
Don't follow somebody else's ideal life he thinks will work for him because it "worked" for the YouTuber he was just watching

Or... ig you can get a custom implant, and hope that the chosen way of living, tailored to your view of thinking, will be a permanent solution.
If not, you're likely fucked though (cause of the recession in your personality)

Last edited:
Don’t forget to mew and jelqmaxx

• JFL
Reactions: Ner0
Honestly with these types of people that promote an all or nothing change in mindset, it would very rarely practically work with 99% of the population (myself included), and it's too sudden of a shift

I think of this like implants

If you get off the shelf implants, your bone will contour to fit the implant. You're essentially destroying parts of yourself to accommodate a percieved solution (implant) you might think will work.
But what happens if it doesn't (which it likely won't)?
You're fucked and now you lost part of yourself in the process

Instead use fillers, slowly correct what you don't like about yourself.
Just doing one thing a day for a week; the smallest change will slowly build up.
For example, brushing your teeth within 1min of waking up, instead of doom scrolling on social media..

Change your life according to what you believe to be correct, in increments.
Don't follow somebody else's ideal life he thinks will work for him because it "worked" for the YouTuber he was just watching

Or... ig you can get a custom implant, and hope that the chosen way of living, tailored to your view of thinking, will be a permanent solution.
If not, you're likely fucked though (cause of the recession in your personality)
You must steal ones personality to Improve, adapt, and change negative aspects of yours we as humans truly copy other to gain something in this world.

• +1
You must steal ones personality to Improve, adapt, and change negative aspects of yours we as humans truly copy other to gain something in this world.
You're right about "taking" a way of living we admire, and using that in our lives

We take quotes of funny people and use them daily to make others laugh.
We in fact took the idea of making people laugh, as we saw the benefits of doing that with others

But why go all in?

Go in the right direction (specifically for you) in increments.
That's what my post was about.

• +1
Reactions: Ner0
You're right about "taking" a way of living we admire, and using that in our lives

We take quotes of funny people and use them daily to make others laugh.
We in fact took the idea of making people laugh, as we saw the benefits of doing that with others

But why go all in?

Go in the right direction (specifically for you) in increments.
That's what my post was about.
People shouldn't over obsessed with the direction that they are heading toward because if they fail they will make a excuses. If I fail then I will live with it and get back up and keep trying.

• +1
People shouldn't over obsessed with the direction that they are heading toward because if they fail they will make a excuses. If I fail then I will live with it and get back up and keep trying.
That's stubbornness

You don't even know if the direction you are heading is perfect for you.
Objectively speaking, it's most likely not

But if you are fulfilled from it, then who am I to judge
Keep going brother!

That's stubbornness

You don't even know if the direction you are heading is perfect for you.
Objectively speaking, it's most likely not

But if you are fulfilled from it, then who am I to judge
Keep going brother!
“As long as I continue to grow stronger, revenge is a matter of proportion. For every person who seeks revenge, I shall respond in kind. For every hundred who desire vengeance, I shall match their force tenfold. Should the entire world turn against me, I shall not falter. However, if someone were to succeed in taking revenge against me, that would signify my own weakness, my failure to exert my fullest strength, and my overlooking critical opportunities to prevent their act of vengeance.”

• +1
You must be strong or people will walk through you, and that path you say that isn't one single road it is 1000s of roads