The Importance of Gut & how it is linked to your Mental Health

MakinItHappenReturn

MakinItHappenReturn

Fire burning inside
Follow up thread to the one I did on the gut here:

The link between gut health and mental health is not understood enough - sometimes you can be having negative and depressing thoughts and believe them to be real - not realising it’s due to the fake processed garbage you’re eating, or the beers you had on the weekend.

Your gut is your second brain and the little creatures that live in your gut microbiome are affected by what types of foods you consume. Quite literally the wrong type of creatures survive and multiply in the gut when you eat bad foods and eventually influence your behaviour through cravings or how you feel.

3b8b2b977ed167a44d55d0b19293c0f2

20200604 02

The chemicals that make us feel good like serotonin and dopamine are created in the gut. If we impede this process by eating nonsense then we are setting ourselves up for mental distress, lack of motivation and more…

Things that negatively affect the gut flora:
⁃ Alcohol / excessive caffeine or other stimulants
⁃ Artificial flavourings and colourings
⁃ ‘Calorie free’ Sweeteners
⁃ Processed Foods
⁃ Seed Oils
⁃ Drinking/eating from Plastics

This is why an investment in your health and your diet is so important - its not just about the way you look, its about how you interact with the world and its about the mental experience you have of life. Your financial success is predicated on how you feel - if you don’t have the energy to work on your side hustle because you ate that disgusting kebab at lunch, how will you succeed? Stop thinking about things in the short term. Think of the second and third order effects of your choices.

Your diet is what ends up creating your body - quite literally the building blocks of it. Why would you want to create yourself of shoddy building materials?

Remember boyos when we encounter negative thoughts, there are many ways to navigate through them. First and foremost is to ensure our diet and lifestyle is on point. Are you upset, or have you just been cheating on your diet? You become much more resistant to having your mind controlled by external forces when you are consistently making healthy diet choices.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Lev Peshkov, Lawton88 and 1 other person

Jk, I can confirm that gut health is everything. I personally went carnivore for two months, I stopped 4 months ago, and I came out with an astonishing gut. To this day I still have clean, firm and easy to pass shit every single time. My gut mogs.

Giphy

• JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 16384 and MakinItHappenReturn

Jk, I can confirm that gut health is everything. I personally went carnivore for two months, I stopped 4 months ago, and I came out with an astonishing gut. To this day I still have clean, firm and easy to pass shit every single time. My gut mogs.
i agree + the girl in ur pfp is hot af, who is it?

Yep Candida overgrowth can really affect you in many ways and too many of them cause the sugar cravings that just make the problem worse.