The importance of temple width

T

TheEndHasNoEnd

No avi halo
This is the thing that makes your skull robust. This is the thing that TRULY identifies how big your skull is. Head circumference is a cope for dolichocephalics, what you really need to measure is your temple-to-temple width:
Total width

It truly is the base for your skull, since cheekbones just follow the temples. Someone who mouthbreathes their entire life with wide temple width will still have a high fwhr because temple width cannot be affected much if at all by environment.

Average temple width is 127mm (medium fit glasses width)

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: greycel, thecel, Bromose and 6 others
What if my cheekbones are wider than my temples?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
what matters is your temple width measurement, not how your cheekbones look in relation to your temples

• +1
Reactions: Bromose and Incoming
Narrow temples + small neurocranium is truly what makes someone look ethnic tbh. It's an insanely subhuman combo
They should be wider, but only slightly

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: randomguy1235 and Chadlitecel
Narrow temples + small neurocranium is truly what makes someone look ethnic tbh. It's an insanely subhuman combo

They should be wider, but only slightly
Well they should be wider to the point that its still obvious imo
20200507 174759

• +1
Last edited:
How to accurately measure this with nose and lack of a clear end of the temple?

where tf did you get the average male temple length Is 145mm. The only shit I can find is eyeglass length which is completely different

Last edited:
  • +1
where tf did you get the average male temple length Is 145mm. The only shit I can find is eyeglass length which is completely different
"On the temples, you'll see ''4 1/2 – 5 3/4'' or sometimes just ''7'', which is the longest temple I've found. The longer temple number is the full length, so if it says ''4 1/2 - 5 3/4'', they're 5 3/4'' temples. More contemporary frames may be in metric, in which case they'll be 135, 140 or 145, something like that. The photo below shows a 5 3/4 inch (145 mm) temple, the average length for most men's frames."

its the same thing really

• +1
Reactions: Bromose
"On the temples, you'll see ''4 1/2 – 5 3/4'' or sometimes just ''7'', which is the longest temple I've found. The longer temple number is the full length, so if it says ''4 1/2 - 5 3/4'', they're 5 3/4'' temples. More contemporary frames may be in metric, in which case they'll be 135, 140 or 145, something like that. The photo below shows a 5 3/4 inch (145 mm) temple, the average length for most men's frames."

its the same thing really

And the photo below shows temple length on a pair of glasses. The article even shows very clearly wtf they mean by temple length, which is not at all what you described.

524A4BD3 235B 4DED 862B 916DAF630C68

6E9800CF DDC9 43BD B12A 7A1010544A2C

I believe you, temple width is vital to having a good skill I’m just not so sure the measurements you provided are accurate.

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 4123 and TheEndHasNoEnd
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Incoming
Narrow temples are such a massive falio. There's no ideal haircut. If you have wide masculine jaw you will look like an idiot. If you have narrowish gonions you will look like a potato. Wide zygos don't help as well. There's nothing you can do about it to look good.

Damn this is why i always see something off with my forehead. It's same length as lower third but narrow af Looking like an alien. Truly over for me
Narrow temples are such a massive falio. There's no ideal haircut. If you have wide masculine jaw you will look like an idiot. If you have narrowish gonions you will look like a potato. Wide zygos don't help as well. There's nothing you can do about it to look good.
Suifuel for me. Never noticed it.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and didntreadlol
@Justbeconfidentsrs I notice it everyday and it drives me crazy. I have Matt Bomer's forehead with narrower temples. Imagine that shit.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
And the photo below shows temple length on a pair of glasses. The article even shows very clearly wtf they mean by temple length, which is not at all what you described.

View attachment 439836

View attachment 439833

I believe you, temple width is vital to having a good skill I’m just not so sure the measurements you provided are accurate.
ill need to correct this, ty for showing something i overlooked.

• +1
Reactions: Bromose and Budflog
@Justbeconfidentsrs I notice it everyday and it drives me crazy. I have Matt Bomer's forehead with narrower temples. Imagine that shit.
Exactly. I have it but never noticed it till now . I always thought it might be because of my large forehead. Bomer have equal facial thirds but because of his narrow temples his forehead looks big. My parents both have it. I think there are custom implants for temple width? Is it possible?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4410
Exactly. I have it but never noticed it till now . I always thought it might be because of my large forehead. Bomer have equal facial thirds but because of his narrow temples his forehead looks big. My parents both have it. I think there are custom implants for temple width? Is it possible?
I think people here talked about implants like that.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
lightbulb head cope

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel and TheEndHasNoEnd
  • +1
Reactions: greycel, AscendingHero, Chadlitecel and 1 other person