The "In-to-Out" Theory of Facial Attractiveness

forevermirin

forevermirin

Kraken
If you ever find yourself asking questions like "what's the worst failo" or "what's the most important trait in facial attractiveness" - this should help clear things up.

The "In-to-Out" Theory of Facial Attractiveness
  1. Our first focus when seeing a new face is towards the middle - alternating between the eyes and the mouth.
    • This is why the midface ratios are generally considered to be so important, as it is the first thing we notice.
    • If there is anything wrong with this part of the face (philtrum too long, eyes too close, methhead teeth) it has the largest negative impact on overall facial attractiveness.
  2. The outer frame of the face (face shape) is only seen peripherally - with our brain only really noticing if it is significantly away from average (extreme recession of extreme bonemogging).
What does this imply?

Apart from the obvious implications, this explains why soft-features are generally so important to facial attractiveness. This is why a good eye area or a mogger wide palate can be such massive halos on their own.

If there is nothing standout about the "inner-face", then it is average, and such a person is never going to be considered truly "good looking".

The outer frame of the face - the general face shape - can be seen almost as a multiplier similar to height. It is something which adds to a person's attractiveness, even when not directly interacting with the person.

Basically, it's rare for someone to talk to a person and come out thinking about how impressive their mandible is or zygos are - it's far more likely you think they had pretty eyes or teeth or were just generally pretty (good midface ratios). It's the same with height and frame, you notice it mainly when not interacting with someone.

In practice:
Can you guess which of these guys is the best looking?
Recents   1 of 1 31

What about now?
Screenshot 2023 12 01 at 81903 AM Screenshot 2023 12 01 at 81823 AM Screenshot 2023 12 01 at 81806 AM

Which one was easier to tell?

Screenshot 2023 12 01 at 82734 AM Screenshot 2023 12 01 at 82934 AM Screenshot 2023 12 01 at 82838 AM Screenshot 2023 12 01 at 83132 AM

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Shkreliii, Mainstream, YoYqkim and 11 others
High IQ, I recently made a post about how certain sides of your face matter more based on your language, you could add on to your theory about this as we don't look exactly from the middle but more fixed from the left or the right depending on how you read a book.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, YoYqkim, Deleted member 32410 and 1 other person
Makes sense but also weird how guys with plain face and shitty eye area but 1:1 zygos to gonain ratio are so thirsted after by foids.
Is it just because in the online era, it is easier to pick up on equal zygos to gonian ratio in pictures than it would be in real life, therefore guys who have this trait look like they are more "complete" in pics than guys with 0.85 ratio?
Whereas in motion the guy with 0.85 doesn't look that much beneath the 1:00 guy

Models with shitloads of followers due solely to gonians

UEE Law for people with wide gonians, I have a theory on this but have yet to write it out

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Shkreliii, AsGoodAsItGets, T50 Mogger and 4 others
The only in and out theory I care about is how my cock will go in and out of your mommas pussy

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Shkreliii, Allornothing, Mr. President and 2 others
Makes sense but also weird how guys with plain face and shitty eye area but 1:1 zygos to gonain ratio are so thirsted after by foids.
to be fair those eye areas aren't particularly "shitty" outside of psl autism, like ive seen plenty guys who i thought were good looking only to see pics and then notice massive uee and shit. but irl its really not as important as other stuff.
Is it just because in the online era, it is easier to pick up on equal zygos to gonian ratio in pictures than it would be in real life, therefore guys who have this trait look like they are more "complete" in pics than guys with 0.85 ratio?
yes tbh judging based off 2d media and irl is completely different, but moreso i think a strong square jaw is just a very good trait to have (even if it is secondary in importance to soft features and midfact ratios).

its almost like the effect being tall/wide irl has but its even apparent in pictures. it can halo a relatively average inner face into good looking territory the same way you'll se average looking guys be thirsted for irl just bc they tall.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and bwrauycnee
Which of these would you assume to be better looking before being shown their whole head (and didn't know its the same person and picture)

Skull can carry face to a significant degree

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Shkreliii, T50 Mogger, Deleted member 32410 and 4 others
Which of these looks like they would be better looking if you seen there whole head (and didn't know its the same person)

View attachment 2582377

View attachment 2582376

the inner-face ngl, im not sure if you were suggesting otherwise. the way i see it is there's a much bigger chance to fuck things up given that outer frame then there is to fuck things up with that inner-face.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and Lookologist003
the inner-face ngl, im not sure if you were suggesting otherwise. the way i see it is there's a much bigger chance to fuck things up given that outer frame then there is to fuck things up with that inner-face.
I was suggesting otherwise, in the sense that compared to other people, his outer mogs the average male way harder than his inner mogs the average male (imo)

Of course if is easier to tell who is goodlooking and not based on the inner since that's effectively what males up the bulk of how people perceive your personality but I am suggesting that people will (wrongfully) asign too much halo to someone with a mogger outer / gonians / lower third, whatever you want to call it.

I'm not disagreeing with you but I consider my inner face to be quite above average but I see that guys with worse inner face but better outer face have more foid appeal than me.
Maybe I was focusing too much on outliers with mogger jaws

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, T50 Mogger, Deleted member 32410 and 2 others
I was suggesting otherwise, in the sense that compared to other people, his outer mogs the average male way harder than his inner mogs the average male (imo)

Of course if is easier to tell who is goodlooking and not based on the inner since that's effectively what males up the bulk of how people perceive your personality but I am suggesting that people will (wrongfully) asign too much halo to someone with a mogger outer / gonians / lower third, whatever you want to call it.

I'm not disagreeing with you but I consider my inner face to be quite above average but I see that guys with worse inner face but better outer face have more foid appeal than me.
crisicks outer face has more of a halo.
I’m under the impression that the outer face matters more in quick day to day glances and snap judgements. But the inner face matters more in face to face convo

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Shkreliii, forevermirin, Deleted member 32410 and 1 other person
for some reason I something about this idea sticks out to me even though its somewhat water. Reminds me of AstroSkys mewing transformation, the way his "Inner face" improved over time (became more compact).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 6.41.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 6.41.30 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Shkreliii, Deleted member 32410, forevermirin and 1 other person
High IQ, I recently made a post about how certain sides of your face matter more based on your language, you could add on to your theory about this as we don't look exactly from the middle but more fixed from the left or the right depending on how you read a book.
Terrible hypothesis.

View attachment 2582361

View attachment 2582362

UEE Law for people with wide gonians, I have a theory on this but have yet to write it out

View attachment 2582363
View attachment 2582364
Don't you think that it's not a near equal length of the bi-zygo and bi-gonion, but rather the masculine, dimorphic cheekbones and jaw. Also damn, the guy at the bottom is thirsted after? By middle aged moms or something, surprises me if not.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and forevermirin

Well in that case it's not wrongful if the outer frame is literally top tier, my point is more about how a top tier inner face is far more important than top tier outer face. People here will often make the mistake of seeing mogger bones (esp lower jaw) and assume someone is a mogger, when in reality it doesn't work that way and the outer face only comes into consideration after the inner face passes the threshold. And if the inner face is well past the threshold, then often outer failos like minor recession or bonelessness are overlooked (lucky blue, kpop guys etc)
this is a bit like saying "i have a top tier face at 5'9 but i often see guys with slightly worse faces who are 6'4 having more foid appeal". Like yeah, if your inner face is even just average and you have a mogger jaw you will get an appeal boost.
maybe that + you underrating their inner face/soft features.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, T50 Mogger and Deleted member 32410
for some reason I something about this idea sticks out to me even though its somewhat water. Reminds me of AstroSkys mewing transformation, the way his "Inner face" improved over time (became more compact).
yeah its a bit like, if you take any known chad/gl guy and morph them to have a worse "outer face" - worse jaw/zygos they are still going to be attractive, just not moggers like they are currently with everything going for them.

but then if you take the average guy and give him killer zygos and gonions hes gonna look a bit ogre.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii

This guy is the biggest fraud out here, he just got lean, and figured out he needed zygo and jaw implants. And because he's 2 digits IQ, he went for a wraparound instead of gonial.

JFL at all the mew copers.

• JFL
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, Lookologist003 and forevermirin
Which of these would you assume to be better looking before being shown their whole head (and didn't know its the same person and picture)

View attachment 2582377

View attachment 2582376

This. You look at the whole face not focus in on middle, it’s one of the reasons why nose is generally not concentrated upon unless it’s deformed. Out in theory is actually more accurate if we go by how humans recognise objects. Shape And size first details next

• +1
This guy is the biggest fraud out here, he just got lean, and figured out he needed zygo and jaw implants. And because he's 2 digits IQ, he went for a wraparound instead of gonial.

JFL at all the mew copers.
honestly just looks like editing to me, first to second pic is realistic from leanmax + posing. 3rd pic looks like it was manufactured on faceapp.

• +1
honestly just looks like editing to me, first to second pic is realistic from leanmax + posing. 3rd pic looks like it was manufactured on faceapp.

I don't think so, he posted some vids of him, and his jaw has the typical wraparound artificial brick look.

• +1
crisicks outer face has more of a halo.
I’m under the impression that the outer face matters more in quick day to day glances and snap judgements. But the inner face matters more in face to face convo
yes pretty much, kinda like height/frame matters more from afar and face matters more up close.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and bwrauycnee
Basically, it's rare for someone to talk to a person and come out thinking about how impressive their mandible is or zygos are - it's far more likely you think they had pretty eyes or teeth or were just generally pretty (good midface ratios).

IDK, before I knew about blackpill stuff, I'd usually hear guys compliment other guys on their jawline, and girls compliment guys' cheekbones (I assume it's because they were slightly jealous of the their cheekbones).

Then again, around this time I did also hear eyes and "symmetry". Looking back, maybe the latter is just a reference to midface ratios in normie terms, but I always thought it was just a cop out / generic compliment (e.g. "I don't find [insert MTN] attractive, but I'll say he's good looking for [insert reason], so I don't seem mean in a social context").

• +1

View attachment 2582361

View attachment 2582362

View attachment 2582363
View attachment 2582364
I have 1:1 byzygomatic width to bigoniao width and got mocked for it on this forum

• +1
FUARK high IQ

I wish this forum goes back to golden age

• +1
IDK, before I knew about blackpill stuff, I'd usually hear guys compliment other guys on their jawline, and girls compliment guys' cheekbones (I assume it's because they were slightly jealous of the their cheekbones).
yeah i imagine cheekbone compliments are more like "i wish i had those!".
Then again, around this time I did also hear eyes and "symmetry". Looking back, maybe the latter is just a reference to midface ratios in normie terms, but I always thought it was just a cop out / generic compliment (e.g. "I don't find [insert MTN] attractive, but I'll say he's good looking for [insert reason], so I don't seem mean in a social context").
i do think eyes is one of the most meaningful compliments because its hard to look at someone with boring ass eyes and say that. the only time i feel eye compliments are fake is when they're forced to pick out a nice feature on the spot (like if u compliment them)

symmetry i think is, as you said, a more analytical compliment which no ones gonna say if they attracted to someone.
I have 1:1 byzygomatic width to bigoniao width and got mocked for it on this forum
must be your inner face or pheno

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and Graham
Having a long midface is truly brutal, one of most important thigns and you cant even chagne it

• +1
Reactions: greywind, Shkreliii and forevermirin