The irrational nature of females liking mandibles

Viro

Viro

trying
As most of us now, looks convey not only the genetic quality of one person but also the environment they advanced upon. Evolutionary science tells us that, usually characteristics that provide fighting success are desirable but also in a more social manner characteristics that require energy (calories) be kept (e.g height and muscles) used to "prove" that the beholder had the appropriate status. Having in mind the above information the mandible doesn't "appear" in any of the two categories as it is just bone, and if you take into account the fact that people back in the Neolithic period where much much hairier than today due to not shaving or cutting their hair, it is very hard for me to not question "why females like mandibles?" Maybe it is not the mandible it self but the masseter muscles that females like. Sadly I don't have the answers to those questions, so if you are more knowledge please post.

because
jaw = biting force
and a strong bite was important at ancient times i guess

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621, Reoreyh and GoMadAndSTFU
No point in wallowing in it. They like good mandibles, therefore you need a good mandible. Thats just how it is. Complaining about it wont change their mind.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310, GordonFreeman and Blackout.xl
No point in wallowing in it. They like good mandibles, therefore you need a good mandible. Thats just how it is. Complaining about it wont change their mind.
I'm not trying to cope, I just have questions

Because it looks good.

As most of us now, looks convey not only the genetic quality of one person but also the environment they advanced upon. Evolutionary science tells us that, usually characteristics that provide fighting success are desirable but also in a more social manner characteristics that require energy (calories) be kept (e.g height and muscles) used to "prove" that the beholder had the appropriate status. Having in mind the above information the mandible doesn't "appear" in any of the two categories as it is just bone, and if you take into account the fact that people back in the Neolithic period where much much hairier than today due to not shaving or cutting their hair, it is very hard for me to not question "why females like mandibles?" Maybe it is not the mandible it self but the masseter muscles that females like. Sadly I don't have the answers to those questions, so if you are more knowledge please post.

Because it's an indicator of alphaness? Alphas dominate and protect = successful male = desired male

All sorts of reasons: better breathing airways, stronger biting force, more prenatal testosterone, sexual selection (which means that your body is so healthy that it can afford growing rather trivial features like facial bones).

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
All sorts of reasons: better breathing airways, stronger biting force, more prenatal testosterone, sexual selection (which means that your body is so healthy that it can afford growing rather trivial features like facial bones).
But still how would one be able to judge if the was facial hair in the way?

It indicates higher testosterone levels, which was necessary the pre-agricultural times

It could be an indicator of genetic quality. Look up the effects of prenatal testosterone on fetal development. Higher levels lead to more desirable features and are usually an indicator of health and genetic quality.
If I remember correctly, higher prenatal testosterone leads to a wider chin, lower set eyebrows, larger mandible, etc.

I think It's simple as an indicator of healthyness. I mean we all know till today that posture, breathing and thooth are the most crucial things. So if a child had a good nutrition it will show it when he becomes and adult so he can show and make the idea that their childs wont be hungry

But still how would one be able to judge if the was facial hair in the way?
A good mandible correlates with good craniofacial development. Even if a long beard (which is uncommon in younger people anyway , so I think prehistoric foids could see men's jaws without problems) was to hide ones's mandible you could still see the rest of his skull, like midface (maxilla), eyes (specifically undereye support), zygos development, etc..

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: varbrah
Jaw is the most important part of the face because thats what you chew with, wtf do u use cheekbones for?

it only makes sense the jaws are the key to attractive faces.

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214
because
jaw = biting force
and a strong bite was important at ancient times i guess
Also strong mandible makes you less likely to get knocked out and is a sign of high t

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227

Indicator of good health + high T