the meaning of life/awareness

Youㅤ

Youㅤ

Óðrmaxxing
taken in one literal way u might say its to try to reproduce or otherwise affect evolution . but knowing that doesnt require awareness of ur awareness it just requires intuition . people generally stumble upon something and then get satisfied with it as meaningful . like normie makes friends and then they r happy . or incel finds looksmaxxing and then gets obsessed with trying to improve looks . i got obsessed with anti ageing and it still is a huge passion of mine . but im questioning the meaning of it all . i didnt phrase it a question of "what matters" because that is distinct from "the meaning of awareness" . what matters ? height matters . being white chad matters . being high IQ matters . being rich matters . being immortal matters . but those things are to varying degrees outside of our control . questioning the meaning of awareness is basically just saying "look we are humans and can think, we are liveing and forced to do things in order to live but how should we actually think about this?" . im struggling with depression and social isolation and trying to find meaning . progress toward objectives like money , looks , anti ageing , knowledge are good but it doesnt leave me satisfied that i have reached everything i need to know/do . a key point ill make is human perception is the most fundamental basis we have yet what we percieve is only the tip of the iceberg of reality . but for me depression and isolation (includeing no family connections) and inceldom is makeing life seem pointless . i hesitate to say that emotions give life meaning but i dont think thats far from the truth just not the way i would think about it . for me it is imagination and bonding with my own world that feels impactful . for example creative writeing feels more meaningful than working on my science notes even tho the notes have their own practical advantage . a question i have for u : do u think of ur mind as you per se or do u have a different view ?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Elijah_leo, sigma ✰, Bomber517 and 2 others
3 days later:

zero

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: LuckyBeast and Youㅤ
taken in one literal way u might say its to try to reproduce or otherwise affect evolution .
Thats all it is. Youre body was literally designed to do that, everything else is just a meaningless byproduct on the journey of getting there

u should read the tao te ching

nothing requires a definition and truth lies in allowing nothing to exist without definition

• +1
Reactions: sigma ✰ and Youㅤ
Thats all it is. Youre body was literally designed to do that, everything else is just a meaningless byproduct on the journey of getting there
i think that is unhelpfully reductive to this discussion . i dont deny that is the "purpose" but its not our only purpose as conscious (at least some of us) beings .

• +1
Reactions: cooldude1231
i think that is unhelpfully reductive to this discussion . i dont deny that is the "purpose" but its not our only purpose as conscious (at least some of us) beings .
Yeah im being a negative nelly

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ
Did read

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Youㅤ, sigma ✰ and noobs
the meaning is the one you create for yourself
we simply exist. ok. we are intelligent. ok.
have a passion, i am glad you enjoy science, discovering antiaging and creative writing
this is very good

• +1
Reactions: Elijah_leo, Youㅤ and noobs
the meaning is the one you create for yourself
creation is constant and does not end . so now im struggling to see how exactly to think about my situation in order to affect how time changes it and what i should pursue
we simply exist. ok. we are intelligent. ok.
intelligent yet not enough in my mind

have a passion, i am glad you enjoy science, discovering antiaging and creative writing
this is very good
it seems good yet to every1 else i seem like a failure . hate school , hate wageslave , hate normies

anti ageing is my area of expertise yet its tricky to succeed dramatically . anti ageing scientists age like normal people , for example . which is what i want to change but thats quite and ambition and learning more further reveals the complexities

• +1
Reactions: Elijah_leo and sigma ✰

• +1
creation is constant and does not end . so now im struggling to see how exactly to think about my situation in order to affect how time changes it and what i should pursue
humans dedicate their entire lives searching for purpose
intelligent yet not enough in my mind
pursue knowledge
it seems good yet to every1 else i seem like a failure . hate school , hate wageslave , hate normies
society man
anti ageing is my area of expertise yet its tricky to succeed dramatically . anti ageing scientists age like normal people , for example . which is what i want to change but thats quite and ambition and learning more further reveals the complexities
interesting

• +1
paragraphs please

• +1
Life is about exploring and discovering. Specially your inner world and yourself ultimately which is a beautiful thing even after all the suffering. Not being born into nobility doesn't mean anything if you are able to think, walk and speak.

• +1
u should read the tao te ching

nothing requires a definition and truth lies in allowing nothing to exist without definition
I want to read the Tao Te Ching. Seems like an interesting and helpful philosophy.

also where the fuck did you find your pfp I want to know so bad lmao :feelshaha:

• JFL
Reactions: noobs