The mechanostat theorem (bonesmashing theory)

Mouthbreath

Mouthbreath

Looksmaxer

The mechanostat theorem is a refinement of Wolfs law. This picture sums it up quite well.

Sgeseheshe

Showing that small strain on the bone actually leads to bone loss !! This would support hard smashing, where you literally try to smash your bones very close to complete fracture, as this kind of overload leads to the biggest gain.

Basically, the more a bone bends as a result of applied force, the bigger the strain.

Tennis players have been found to have 30percent more bone mass in their racket holding forearm compared to their other arm. Which makes sense according to this theory, as the forearm is bending under the impact when the racket hits the tennis ball.

Considering the results of these tennis players, it might make sense to replicate this kind of strain. (high force impact of very short duration with a resting time of 2-60 seconds between the impacts, total duration of maybe half an hour to 5 hours every day for most days a week (assuming professional tennis players))

Now gymnasts on the other hand are also known to have abnormally thick wrists. I'm not sure for which exercises exactly the maximum strain occurs (where their forearm bones are bending the most), but it is clear that it is a strain very different from hitting yourself with a hammer with low intensity for 5min a day (which is the state of the art bonesmashing technique currently jfl)

A problem with bonesmashing might be also that Wolfs law does not apply to the skull. The forces experienced daily on the skull are much smaller than typical forces on tibia and femur for example. Yet some people have large skulls with big browridges, big zyggos etc. However the law might still be valid for the skull too, just that genetics does play a bigger role here and that the strain needed to expereince bone gain is a lot smaller (hopefully this is the case)

However even if this is the case (that wolfs law does indeed also apply to the skull), then how would one achieve similar strains as tennis players and gymnasts expererience? The browridge can not just "bend" like the tibia, radius or ulna. And if the force cannot be applied perpendicular to make the bone "bend", then one has to use a lot higher forces (=> brain damage potentially).

So even if one finds a way to effectively increase an area of bone that is not in the skull, lets say the wrists. The technique used might not be transferable to facial bones and even if, it isnt clear if it will work for facial bones, as wolfs law might not apply to the skull. (I personally think it does apply to the skull, just that the strain potentially has to be of a different nature)

Also maybe changes in bone might only be possible before growth plates fuse. However the enlargement after puberty for hand, feet and skullsize of people with acromegaly seems to contradict that (high levels of growth hormone in people with fused growth plates)

I would be glad to discuss this interesting topic with everyone, especially doctors and people who studied medicine.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: hairyballscel, Deleted member 6963, Soalian and 7 others
Who even does bonesmashing? I thought it was a meme

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403 and magnificentcel
Has anyone actually done bonesmashing?

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 7776
Has anyone actually done bonesmashing?
I did really hard bonesmashing to the point where skin came off and wall was full of blood. Now my fingers have some bone ontop it really looks like a mountain also knuckles look swollen but dont hurt fingers look like sausages now btw

also permanent

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: joeveniro, Mouthbreath, lutte and 2 others
im used to punch walls ( nto edgy stuff, its actually kinda fun to do this )
my right hand has way thicker bones ( where i hit, obviously ) than my left one
kinda legit ngl

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
bonesmashing is legit. period. no one wants to put it for the test tho. that's why everybody be like "haha it's a meme" "i always thought it was a meme".
also u said yourself we don't really know if it does work on the skull.

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath and Soalian

The mechanostat theorem is a refinement of Wolfs law. This picture sums it up quite well.

View attachment 841244

Showing that small strain on the bone actually leads to bone loss !! This would support hard smashing, where you literally try to smash your bones very close to complete fracture, as this kind of overload leads to the biggest gain.

Basically, the more a bone bends as a result of applied force, the bigger the strain.

Tennis players have been found to have 30percent more bone mass in their racket holding forearm compared to their other arm. Which makes sense according to this theory, as the forearm is bending under the impact when the racket hits the tennis ball.

Considering the results of these tennis players, it might make sense to replicate this kind of strain. (high force impact of very short duration with a resting time of 2-60 seconds between the impacts, total duration of maybe half an hour to 5 hours every day for most days a week (assuming professional tennis players))

Now gymnasts on the other hand are also known to have abnormally thick wrists. I'm not sure for which exercises exactly the maximum strain occurs (where their forearm bones are bending the most), but it is clear that it is a strain very different from hitting yourself with a hammer with low intensity for 5min a day (which is the state of the art bonesmashing technique currently jfl)

A problem with bonesmashing might be also that Wolfs law does not apply to the skull. The forces experienced daily on the skull are much smaller than typical forces on tibia and femur for example. Yet some people have large skulls with big browridges, big zyggos etc. However the law might still be valid for the skull too, just that genetics does play a bigger role here and that the strain needed to expereince bone gain is a lot smaller (hopefully this is the case)

However even if this is the case (that wolfs law does indeed also apply to the skull), then how would one achieve similar strains as tennis players and gymnasts expererience? The browridge can not just "bend" like the tibia, radius or ulna. And if the force cannot be applied perpendicular to make the bone "bend", then one has to use a lot higher forces (=> brain damage potentially).

So even if one finds a way to effectively increase an area of bone that is not in the skull, lets say the wrists. The technique used might not be transferable to facial bones and even if, it isnt clear if it will work for facial bones, as wolfs law might not apply to the skull. (I personally think it does apply to the skull, just that the strain potentially has to be of a different nature)

Also maybe changes in bone might only be possible before growth plates fuse. However the enlargement after puberty for hand, feet and skullsize of people with acromegaly seems to contradict that (high levels of growth hormone in people with fused growth plates)

I would be glad to discuss this interesting topic with everyone, especially doctors and people who studied medicine.
You actually convinced me to start doing it, which is already a feat in and out of itself.

• Love it
Reactions: Mouthbreath
  • +1
Reactions: Soalian
How do you plan to do it?
Hammering at glabella, progressively, so that every session, I get past the adaptation phase, without fucking up my skin at this very spot.

Then taking MK-7 and D3, with GH peptides.

Giving body time for repair.

• +1
Reactions: Iplaysoccer, Matheus and Mouthbreath
Hammering at glabella, progressively, so that every session, I get past the adaptation phase, without fucking up my skin at this very spot.

Then taking MK-7 and D3, with GH peptides.

Giving body time for repair.
Might actually be legit. Why the glabella though? If I could grow my zygos laterally I could get a slayer fwhr, perfect E/S ratio (.48 rn) and more angular face. Too good to be true

• +1
Reactions: Soalian
Might actually be legit. Why the glabella though? If I could grow my zygos laterally I could get a slayer fwhr, perfect E/S ratio (.48 rn) and more angular face. Too good to be true
Try it, might be possible, IDK.

My issue is more about a weak infra-glabellar notch actually.

• +1
Reactions: Matheus
Try it, might be possible, IDK.

My issue is more about a weak infra-glabellar notch actually.
Ok makes sense. I'll learn more about it legit seems interesting