The Mere-Exposure Effect

Deleted member 206

Deleted member 206

200cm giga mogger
The mere-exposure effect is a psychologicalphenomenon by which people tend to develop a preference for things merely because they are familiar with them. In social psychology, this effect is sometimes called the familiarity principle. The effect has been demonstrated with many kinds of things, including words, Chinese characters, paintings, pictures of faces, geometric figures, and sounds.[1]

In studies of interpersonal attraction, the more often someone sees a person, the more pleasing and likeable they find that person.

Mere exposure typically reaches its maximum effect within 10–20 presentations, and some studies even show that liking may decline after a longer series of exposures. For example, people generally like a song more after they have heard it a few times, but many repetitions can reduce this preference. A delay between exposure and the measurement of liking actually tends to increase the strength of the effect.

One social psychology experiment showed that exposure to people we initially dislike makes us dislike them even more. :feelsbadman::feelsrope:

Jews abuse this effect for advertisement and it also works for mating JFL

TLDR: if a foid finds you sympathetic (by having same interests etc) during the first meet up and gets to see you regularly you‘ll become more attractive to her over time

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mere-exposure_effect

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 9787, GenericChad1444, Vitruvian and 2 others
Fairly known fact - even among bluepilled soyboy fatherfucker cucks

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 9787
just be her beta orbiter theory

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 9787, Bennett, turkproducer and 1 other person
So I can get laid with Stacy if I just talk to her every once in a while?

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: alriodai, Deleted member 9787 and turkproducer
Based on this gooks would prefer fellow ricecels instead of white sexpat

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9787
So I can get laid with Stacy if I just talk to her every once in a while?
Based on this gooks would prefer fellow ricecels instead of white sexpat
Thats not how it works. This effect just adds smth on top of your current SMV, it doesn‘t mean you‘ll be an irresistible Chad for a certain foid. @onnysk White people generally have much higher SMV than ricecels

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 9787 and SikKunt
This is how the majority of men meet women and why school / college is the best place to meet them.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 206
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 9787 and Deleted member 206
i did not read

• WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 206
This is somewhat legit tbh, I always make sure I don't rinse a new favourite song so I don't get sick of it after a week. But socially it's the opposite, I always felt that constantly being in someone's presence kind of makes your presence less 'special/unique'? like if they get used to you always being there they get sick/bored of you. Kind of like laughing to someone's jokes, if u laugh to their jokes but it's rare, the joker subconsciously puts more effort into making you laugh in order to 'earn' it in a way. Whereas if u laughed all the time it's unimpressive since ur easily pleased

• +1
Reactions: SikKunt and Deleted member 206
This is somewhat legit tbh, I always make sure I don't rinse a new favourite song so I don't get sick of it after a week. But socially it's the opposite, I always felt that constantly being in someone's presence kind of makes your presence less 'special/unique'? like if they get used to you always being there they get sick/bored of you. Kind of like laughing to someone's jokes, if u laugh to their jokes but it's rare, the joker subconsciously puts more effort into making you laugh in order to 'earn' it in a way. Whereas if u laughed all the time it's unimpressive since ur easily pleased
Yeah, too much exposure negatively affects it as the OP already suggests. I think that joke part might be another effect, I feel like a turboautist figuring this shit out only now

• +1
Reactions: SikKunt and GenericChad1444
I feel like a turboautist figuring this shit out only now

hahaha same tbh it's satisfying when u look for answers ngl

• +1
Reactions: SikKunt and Deleted member 206
Just strategically stalk her so she sees you a lot and will want you theory

omg lifefuel