The only correct way to measure your IPD.

john2

john2

Gyneolatry Fiend
Use one of these -

A geometric divider.

Probably all of you guys have this at home if you've done math before.

• Step 1: Open it up wide, place one of it's ends just below the pupil of your left eye.
  • Step 2: Place the other end of the divider just below the pupil of your right eye. If you can't, then either pull it/adjust the ends by decreasing or increasing the gap between the two end points.
  • Step 3: Once you have placed them firmly below your pupils, making sure that they are aligned... carefully remove it from there and don't shake/move/touch the ends of the divider at all.
  • Step 4: Take a ruler and place it on a table.
  • Step 5: Carefully place on end of the divider appropriately, on the 0 marking of the ruler.
  • Step 6: Then you'll automatically see the other end of the divider be placed on a different marking (generally in between 4-8 cm).
  • Step 7: The distance between the two ends of the divider will be the interpupillary distance. The marking where the other end of your divider will be on denotes your interpupillary distance.

And that's how easy it is.

@qwertyqazqwerty .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: DelonLover1999, Lmao, Chintuck22 and 4 others
Use one of these -

View attachment 561684

A geometric divider.

Probably all of you guys have this at home if you've done math before.

• Step 1: Open it up wide, place one of it's ends just below the pupil of your left eye.
  • Step 2: Place the other end of the divider just below the pupil of your right eye. If you can't, then either pull it/adjust the ends by decreasing or increasing the gap between the two end points.
  • Step 3: Once you have placed them firmly below your pupils, making sure that they are aligned... carefully remove it from there and don't shake/move/touch the ends of the divider at all.
  • Step 4: Take a ruler and place it on a table.
  • Step 5: Carefully place on end of the divider appropriately, on the 0 marking of the ruler.
  • Step 6: Then you'll automatically see the other end of the divider be placed on a different marking (generally in between 4-8 cm).
  • Step 7: The distance between the two ends of the divider will be the interpupillary distance. The marking where the other end of your divider will be on denotes your interpupillary distance.

And that's how easy it is.

@qwertyqazqwerty .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mine is 68mm

mine 63-64 and my es ratio come out at 0.45

My midface ratio is 1:1 :love:

67 mm and PFL 31mm

most accurate way is using the es ratio

I’m the middle of the pupil or the side ?

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22
If I did it correctly I have 65mm

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22
I like to stab myself in the pupil
Its more accurate that way

• JFL
Reactions: hairyballscel and TheEndHasNoEnd
use a ruler in the mirror and close one eye at a time

how the fuck could this method possibly be inaccurate^
That's what I did, 63mm :feelswhy:
Midface ratio is 1:1 though and if my bonesmashing experiment works, my ES and FWHR will fall on the exact ideal measurements.
I've also seen mewing increase IPD but likely cope.

I like to stab myself in the pupil
Its more accurate that way
You won't end up harming yourself if you do it like i said, dw.
most accurate way is using the es ratio
In order to calculate your ES ratio, you first need to know your IPD. This is what this entire thread is about.
use a ruler in the mirror and close one eye at a time

how the fuck could this method possibly be inaccurate^
Please elaborate on this method.

I've tried placing a ruler near my eyes, but my nose bridge gets in the way, thus creating an error in measurement.
What's wrong with the method I listed? I mean yeah it does have minor risk, but it's heavily accurate.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Chintuck22 and orthochadic
why do you want more than 63mm? that’s the average IPD, and any more than a 1.1 midface ratio is sloth territory.

also, you must have a fairly narrow bizygomatic width if you don’t have the ideal ES ratio with that IPD. what is yours?
Idk the width but my ES is 0.47

These are my revised measurements that I did last night
FWHR - 1.85
Lower/full face - 0.64
Midface - 1.09
Mouth/nose - 1.69
Lower/upper lip - 1.5
Chin/philtrum - 2
Bizygomatic/bigonial width - 1.11
ES - 0.47

Imo the ideal midface ratio is 1.1 not 1, and FWHR around 1.95

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
i’d be surprised if your bizygo width was only 13.4cm. you might want to measure that.

also, i agree the ideal midface ratio is higher than 1. I’d put it at around 1.05 because 1 can sometimes look too horse faced and 1.1 can sometimes look too sloth faced.

i get around 1.12 midface when measuring but only 1.03-1.07 in photos for some reason.
I have tiny skull, ill measure now.

@looxmakser49 it honestly does look like 13.4-5cm jfl

You won't end up harming yourself if you do it like i said, dw.

In order to calculate your ES ratio, you first need to know your IPD. This is what this entire thread is about.

Please elaborate on this method.

I've tried placing a ruler near my eyes, but my nose bridge gets in the way, thus creating an error in measurement.
What's wrong with the method I listed? I mean yeah it does have minor risk, but it's heavily accurate.
minor risk jfl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
You're retarded if you think I'm putting that thing anywhere near me eyes.

mine is 62.8mm
been measuring it wrong the entire time lol

70 mm but 0.45 es ratio

Instruction unclear, now im blind.

i used a measuring tape (those used for sewing), tried the closing one eye at a time thing.
i get something between 68 and 69mm

shit eye area though
scleral show, no undereye support etc (pfl more than 30mm, dont know if thats good)
at least those things are fixable with some money i guess...