The Side Effects of Touching Grass

thorns

thorns

trt + touching grass
I’ve spent enough time outside of this forum to realize that the world is, in fact, beautiful. Everything in nature is alive, and our time here is finite. Since I started eating clean, interacting more with people, getting enough sleep, and detoxing from various substances, I’ve come to see just how fleeting and superficial many things can be. People who were dealt worse cards than you are enjoying life at this very moment.

Self-isolation, drug abuse, and a trash diet are the recipe for a painful existence.

I was diagnosed with depression as a child. I identified with it and let it define me for several years. Now, I’m breaking the cycle, and so can you. It’s not just your looks; it’s the context you were placed in. Chasing hookups with random mentally ill girls will never give you the fulfillment you crave, you need real human connection.

I’ve experienced life as both average-looking and above-average-looking, and I’ve learned that validation is just another form of addiction. It loses its effect over time, and you end up needing more and more to feel the same. Casual sex with someone you don’t care about is essentially the same as masturbation, just with extra steps.

I genuinely believe most people here are good at heart, just like many others I’ve met in real life—kind and supportive, even without knowing your name. Yes, there are trolls, but that’s true of any place with minimal moderation. I think 90% of you are just lost, facing your own struggles, trying to figure out life. We’re all doing our best in our own way.

Of course, this isn't rage-inducing or spreading negativity, so it will likely be either hated or ignored. But younger me would have appreciated reading this, so I'm pressing send anyway and logging off right after. Not that you actually need to read this to find any answers; everything is already within you, just listen to your heart.

My favorite conspiracy theory is that everyone here will eventually find their path and live happy lives.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: rolloftape, unfortunatehobbies, ihearvoices and 11 others
Beta nature enjoyer

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Suns9999 and Mkhzee
I read it all it was sweet thank you

• JFL
Reactions: Suns9999
Kind message.
But most of us will be drafted to fight in the upcoming world war soon because of rich, greedy bastards.

• JFL
thank you thorns but this is just not the truth, im sorry, and im an avid nature enjoyer

anything human related is horrible and doomed to be rotten, your little facade does not get through me

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Suns9999 and Primalsplit
Images 3

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Suns9999, Kroker and Primalsplit
Can't even spell 'quiet' correctly. Yet I'm supposed to believe such a person is strong.
What's the correlation between typos and being strong? :D

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Suns9999, Primalsplit and XazaqazaX
Side effects are that you will get social anxiety

• JFL
I’ve spent enough time outside of this forum to realize that the world is, in fact, beautiful. Everything in nature is alive, and our time here is finite. Since I started eating clean, interacting more with people, getting enough sleep, and detoxing from various substances, I’ve come to see just how fleeting and superficial many things can be. People who were dealt worse cards than you are enjoying life at this very moment.

Self-isolation, drug abuse, and a trash diet are the recipe for a painful existence.

I was diagnosed with depression as a child. I identified with it and let it define me for several years. Now, I’m breaking the cycle, and so can you. It’s not just your looks; it’s the context you were placed in. Chasing hookups with random mentally ill girls will never give you the fulfillment you crave, you need real human connection.

I’ve experienced life as both average-looking and above-average-looking, and I’ve learned that validation is just another form of addiction. It loses its effect over time, and you end up needing more and more to feel the same. Casual sex with someone you don’t care about is essentially the same as masturbation, just with extra steps.

I genuinely believe most people here are good at heart, just like many others I’ve met in real life—kind and supportive, even without knowing your name. Yes, there are trolls, but that’s true of any place with minimal moderation. I think 90% of you are just lost, facing your own struggles, trying to figure out life. We’re all doing our best in our own way.

Of course, this isn't rage-inducing or spreading negativity, so it will likely be either hated or ignored. But younger me would have appreciated reading this, so I'm pressing send anyway and logging off right after. Not that you actually need to read this to find any answers; everything is already within you, just listen to your heart.

My favorite conspiracy theory is that everyone here will eventually find their path and live happy lives.
No touching grass for your LeFort 3 region

• JFL
what a condescensing post

• JFL
I had missed this. I'm glad for you.
I think this thread deserves more visits

As I mentioned in the post, this text will likely be hated or ignored by most users in this echo chamber. Many of the people here are chronically mentally unstable or have gone through trauma, which often leads humans to become negative and hateful. I can’t break the cycle of hatred that thrives in spaces where social outcasts gather to vent and escape their reality. Nature is both brutal and beautiful. Maybe, from my Christian worldview—often overshadowed by my nihilistic thoughts—I'm trying to 'turn the other cheek.' You were one of the few who helped me see that kindness is the way forward. Like I told you before, despite the emotional walls, you’re a caring and incredibly chill person.

The Side Effects of Talking to Darkeningstar

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Suns9999 and Darkeningstar
not a micrometer

• JFL
As I mentioned in the post, this text will likely be hated or ignored by most users in this echo chamber. Many of the people here are chronically mentally unstable or have gone through trauma, which often leads humans to become negative and hateful. I can’t break the cycle of hatred that thrives in spaces where social outcasts gather to vent and escape their reality. Nature is both brutal and beautiful. Maybe, from my Christian worldview—often overshadowed by my nihilistic thoughts—I'm trying to 'turn the other cheek.' You were one of the few who helped me see that kindness is the way forward. Like I told you before, despite the emotional walls, you’re a caring and incredibly chill person.
I thank you. I maintain the facade of cold for practicality, both personal and communicational, but I know I'm not cold.
I'm an advocate of finality over kindness, but in here there is a need for both.
How people react to kindness is another matter.

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: thorns and Suns9999
I’ve spent enough time outside of this forum to realize that the world is, in fact, beautiful. Everything in nature is alive, and our time here is finite.

I’ve experienced life as both average-looking and above-average-looking, and I’ve learned that validation is just another form of addiction.

(y), esp the part about the good-hearted ppl

• JFL
every molecule

• JFL
I thank you. I maintain the facade of cold for practicality, both personal and communicational, but I know I'm not cold.
I'm an advocate of finality over kindness, but in here there is a need for both.
How people react to kindness is another matter.
I believe in doing what's right, regardless of the outcomes. But if a tree gives you apples, you call it an apple tree; if it gives you oranges, it's an orange tree. Likewise, if an idea leads to actions that bring about good, then that idea must contain some good in it. This perspective is rooted in a Christian worldview, and I’m not here to preach, but I wanted to share this so you understand where I’m coming from.

I hate some of my nihilistic posts. Even though they reflected how I felt at the time, they offer nothing positive. Emotions fluctuate, and if you let them guide you, the only destination is misery. When I say 'follow your heart,' I don’t mean your fleeting emotions, but rather the deeper sense of what you know is truly right.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar