The smile: most underdiscussed topic ever?

Ponder

Ponder

Bronze
Your smile is an extremely important aspect of physical attraction. The literal evolutionary function of a smile is to appear more attractive to other people. If you have a bad smile, you are handicapped in a way as you are lacking an evolutionary function.

There is some truth to the "just smile" cliche advice, however it only applies if you actually have an attractive smile. Some low PSL guys can look extremely charming when they smile. And it's probably a significant reason why some normie/low PSL guys are still successful in dating.

If you are somewhat high PSL but have a bad smile, this is a significant handicap. Sure you can just never smile, but you will look very autistic. And flirting will be a lot less effective because you don't have a smile that gives women butterflies in their stomach

There is a lot that goes into smile theory. It's not just about having straight, white teeth, you also need a wide palate, good teeth size, your lips need to have the right shape, your nose should be the right way, your cheeks should fold in a flattering manner (dimples is ideal, but not necessary for a good smile) and your teeth need to be aligned with your mouth shape so there is minimal gum show yet still as much teeth show as possible.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend, Colombianpill, newperson and 11 others
It’s super important but I can’t fucking smile without looking like the joker. Someone deadass make a smile guide for my aspie brain.

• +1
Reactions: jellyfish101 and Mouthbreath
pretty sure I read a study that said the most important parts to an attractive smile are teeth followed by hair and eyes I'll link it in a sec

inb4 thread gets flooded by autists telling you to never smile because it's high trust and beta

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Pretty_bread, Deleted member 6785, BigBoy and 6 others
When it comes to interactions 100% agree

A 'mysterious' smirk is better though if you can pull it off.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6785 and Deleted member 9699
Men who smile at me look like they are inviting me to rape them. I never like it.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6785, Mouthbreath, Ocelot and 1 other person
greycel with good potential

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6785
Even an ugly smile can open doors.

Guess i'll swallow the smilepill

• JFL
Reactions: Zradrad, Deleted member 6785 and ConspiracyTheory
pretty sure I read a study that said the most important parts to an attractive smile are teeth followed by hair and eyes I'll link it in a sec
nvm that wasn't what the study said I misremembered it

I know some 4.5 psl guys that look really good when they smile genuinely

It’s super important but I can’t fucking smile without looking like the joker. Someone deadass make a smile guide for my aspie brain.
same I can't smile with my mouth open, I either look like someone fucked in the ass or like I'm faking it and look like I just escaped from the mental yard. However if I just smile with my eyes and dont try to move my mouth too much I think it looks most natural.

foids incoming, deploy tactical smile. :feelshehe:

good thread
dont forget to smile with the eyes (squint them a bit), looks much better and less creepy / forced
and relax all the other muscles in your face

smiling means submission. Im not a cuck

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
inb4 thread gets flooded by autists telling you to never smile because it's high trust and beta
it is if you show teeth

No smile for my small teeth, i wish i had bigger longer ones tbh

Your smile is an extremely important aspect of physical attraction. The literal evolutionary function of a smile is to appear more attractive to other people. If you have a bad smile, you are handicapped in a way as you are lacking an evolutionary function.

There is some truth to the "just smile" cliche advice, however it only applies if you actually have an attractive smile. Some low PSL guys can look extremely charming when they smile. And it's probably a significant reason why some normie/low PSL guys are still successful in dating.

If you are somewhat high PSL but have a bad smile, this is a significant handicap. Sure you can just never smile, but you will look very autistic. And flirting will be a lot less effective because you don't have a smile that gives women butterflies in their stomach

There is a lot that goes into smile theory. It's not just about having straight, white teeth, you also need a wide palate, good teeth size, your lips need to have the right shape, your nose should be the right way, your cheeks should fold in a flattering manner (dimples is ideal, but not necessary for a good smile) and your teeth need to be aligned with your mouth shape so there is minimal gum show yet still as much teeth show as possible.

Ian somerhalder has a shitty crooked smile and he’s very good looking

Attachments

• 025bf0bdd0e6e03720cf6fd62ec4abc4.jpg
    025bf0bdd0e6e03720cf6fd62ec4abc4.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 37