The story of the first WMAF couple

murdah

murdah

Kraken
William Adams (aka "The first Englishman in Japan") was a navigator and explorer who in the year 1600 reached Japan on the Liefde, a Dutch ship.

Adams befriended and later became a close advisor to Tokugawa Ieyasu on foreign and European affairs, serving the Shogunate for years. Because of his importance, Ieyasu forbade Adams and his second mate to return to Europe to their families.

Adams was rewarded with the title of hamamoto, given ownership of land, 80 to 90 servants, the status of samurai and given the name "Miura Anjin" (三浦按針) "The Pilot of Miura".

Oyuki (お雪), the was the adopted daughter of Magome Kageyu, a highway official who was in charge of a packhorse exchange on one of the grand imperial roads that led out of Edo (present-day Tokyo). Although Magome was important, Oyuki was not of noble birth, nor high social standing. Adams may have married from affection rather than for social reasons

Adams and Oyuki had 2 children, Joseph and Susanna. IMG 9293 It was meant to be, WMAF ❤️

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: bloomercel, Funnyunenjoyer1, Donquixote and 7 others
"wmaf.couples" :feelskek:

• JFL
Reactions: murdah
Based Japan

• +1
Dnr

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lysine, traveler and murdah
Crazy how a black white mutt is the most prolific wmaf poster on the site

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: yirma19, bloomercel, Richard Cheese and 6 others
  • JFL
Crazy how a black white mutt is the most prolific wmaf poster on the site
I haven't seen @murdah post much about WMAF

I think I've seen him talking about it a few times, but not explicitly post any

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: bloomercel, Donquixote, NotAMogger and 3 others
I haven't seen @murdah post much about WMAF

I think I've seen him talking about it a few times, but not explicitly post any
I just post JBW somewhat but that ties up with WMAF

• +1
Reactions: HeightPilledum
William Adams (aka "The first Englishman in Japan") was a navigator and explorer who in the year 1600 reached Japan on the Liefde, a Dutch ship.

Adams befriended and later became a close advisor to Tokugawa Ieyasu on foreign and European affairs, serving the Shogunate for years. Because of his importance, Ieyasu forbade Adams and his second mate to return to Europe to their families.

Adams was rewarded with the title of hamamoto, given ownership of land, 80 to 90 servants, the status of samurai and given the name "Miura Anjin" (三浦按針) "The Pilot of Miura".

Oyuki (お雪), the was the adopted daughter of Magome Kageyu, a highway official who was in charge of a packhorse exchange on one of the grand imperial roads that led out of Edo (present-day Tokyo). Although Magome was important, Oyuki was not of noble birth, nor high social standing. Adams may have married from affection rather than for social reasons

Adams and Oyuki had 2 children, Joseph and Susanna. View attachment 2965551It was meant to be, WMAF ❤️
Nice history lesson.

• JFL
  • JFL
Reactions: NotAMogger, murdah and traveler
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: murdah and traveler
you would just be seen as the typical italian
I mean if by any chance I gain success or popularity in any way, I don't want somebody to find every time I said "nigger" on this forum

• JFL
w

Adams and Oyuki had 2 children, Joseph and Susanna. View attachment 2965551It was meant to be, WMAF ❤️
well well well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back