The suburbs is the worst for meeting women as a young man

copingvolcel

copingvolcel

OG user
For many years, I always asked myself why I couldn't meet women in my day-to-day life, like if Tinder didn't work for me, maybe I could just meet women IRL, but then, at like 23-24 years old, I realized that it's because as a guy, if you don't leave the suburban home of your parents by the age of 18-19, you're going to really struggle to get a sex life or any dating opportunities whatsoever because women who are in their 20s live in big cities, because that's where the jobs are, that's where the action is.

The suburbs are good for if you're a teenager or in your late teens, then you can meet girls in your neighborhood who are your own age. But if you're in your 20s, even if you go to a local mall, it's going to be filled with women in their mid to late 30s and older, and teenage girls, you're never going to meet women of your own age, and so, the few times where you do go out of your way to go to a concert or festival and there are lots of young women around, you'll be so not used to this and so out of practice you'll freeze and won't be able to go approach the girls you like.

Last year, I tried going to bars for an entire summer and it was so difficult to see girls, most bars were filled with mostly men, even the college bars that had a lot of young people, and the few times where I would see women, I was so caught off-guard, I would not know what to say until the opportunity had gone away. This year, I went to mostly concerts and saw a lot more girls but they're just not approachable because of the noise and also the fact that they often go with a boyfriend or female friends.

I don't think most of us are struggling with being attractive, I think we're struggling with finding women who are approachable in our day-to-day lives that we're also very interested in. If you could cold approach 100 women, then you would get dates with at least a few, and probably sex with at least one, assuming you're not fat and you're not aiming too high in terms of looks. The issue is I go outside I see no women walking around, so I go to the big city near my region, and then there's lots of people walking around but it feels like I'm just a tourist since it's not my city so I feel out of place and approaching feels weird. I just wish I could just meet women in my day-to-day life, it would feel less creepy than having to purposefully go out just to meet women.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, rayfuego, aber and 3 others
IMG 1026

• Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: diditeverbegin, Acromegaly_Chad, aber and 1 other person
I tend to go too much into detail, I mean if you struggle to meet women IRL, you might just be living in an area where there are not many women around. And that also has a huge impact on dating apps. Big cities have more women to swipe on than small towns.

I think the word often used on here is "geomaxxing" and yeah that makes a huge difference.

• +1
Reactions: dark.max
Best wdym no minorities

• +1
Reactions: ey88
For many years, I always asked myself why I couldn't meet women in my day-to-day life, like if Tinder didn't work for me, maybe I could just meet women IRL, but then, at like 23-24 years old, I realized that it's because as a guy, if you don't leave the suburban home of your parents by the age of 18-19, you're going to really struggle to get a sex life or any dating opportunities whatsoever because women who are in their 20s live in big cities, because that's where the jobs are, that's where the action is.

The suburbs are good for if you're a teenager or in your late teens, then you can meet girls in your neighborhood who are your own age. But if you're in your 20s, even if you go to a local mall, it's going to be filled with women in their mid to late 30s and older, and teenage girls, you're never going to meet women of your own age, and so, the few times where you do go out of your way to go to a concert or festival and there are lots of young women around, you'll be so not used to this and so out of practice you'll freeze and won't be able to go approach the girls you like.

Last year, I tried going to bars for an entire summer and it was so difficult to see girls, most bars were filled with mostly men, even the college bars that had a lot of young people, and the few times where I would see women, I was so caught off-guard, I would not know what to say until the opportunity had gone away. This year, I went to mostly concerts and saw a lot more girls but they're just not approachable because of the noise and also the fact that they often go with a boyfriend or female friends.

I don't think most of us are struggling with being attractive, I think we're struggling with finding women who are approachable in our day-to-day lives that we're also very interested in. If you could cold approach 100 women, then you would get dates with at least a few, and probably sex with at least one, assuming you're not fat and you're not aiming too high in terms of looks. The issue is I go outside I see no women walking around, so I go to the big city near my region, and then there's lots of people walking around but it feels like I'm just a tourist since it's not my city so I feel out of place and approaching feels weird. I just wish I could just meet women in my day-to-day life, it would feel less creepy than having to purposefully go out just to meet women.
Why do women move to cities en masse after graduation? They could work remotely or in their home town and save money

Why do women move to cities en masse after graduation? They could work remotely or in their home town and save money
they don't usually work in jobs that allow people to work remotely.

Signal 2024 05 23 22 23 34 839

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksThinker and copingvolcel
Our neighborhood is better, we do have a bike path behind our house and when I go on it and go far enough with my bike I do see a lot of people, but they're generally just not in my age group.

Even in the suburban part where all the houses are, it's possible to meet people, if you spend a lot of time exercising around the neighborhood, that's how my mom made a lot of friends, but again, they're usually not in my age group. At one point she introduced me to a girl she met walking in the neighborhood with her ducks, and she was basically a MTB but I did not realize at the time I had to make the first move, so that ended up being a wasted opportunity but at the same time, I did not have the hots for her so I kind of felt like it was pointless to pursue.

I think a lot of us just have high standards like this, and our options are already quite limited due to location reasons so looksmaxxing may not fix the issue unfortunately but it's better than nothing.

Very true thread. It's even worse for me since I still live at home with my parents to save money while I go to university for my STEM degree, but it's very draining socially as I'm a commuter student. I have to drive like 45 minutes one way to my university every day, eliminating any chances of meeting with foids or bringing them back to my place. At least if you're on residence at university you can bring foids back to your dorm and socialize with others there, when you're a commuter you're basically fucked, even if you try to connect with clubs and shit.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, Shahnameh and eiegta

I’m from the suburbs and don’t go to many cities and I agree.

In populated settings is really when I’ve gotten slays. Otherwise my chances are slim to none where there are really no women.

• +1
Reactions: copingvolcel
real, my neighborhood has 4 senior residencies and half a mile over you have to be like 60+ to enter the neighborhood or some shit

• +1
Reactions: aber and copingvolcel
Our neighborhood is better, we do have a bike path behind our house and when I go on it and go far enough with my bike I do see a lot of people, but they're generally just not in my age group.

Even in the suburban part where all the houses are, it's possible to meet people, if you spend a lot of time exercising around the neighborhood, that's how my mom made a lot of friends, but again, they're usually not in my age group. At one point she introduced me to a girl she met walking in the neighborhood with her ducks, and she was basically a MTB but I did not realize at the time I had to make the first move, so that ended up being a wasted opportunity but at the same time, I did not have the hots for her so I kind of felt like it was pointless to pursue.

I think a lot of us just have high standards like this, and our options are already quite limited due to location reasons so looksmaxxing may not fix the issue unfortunately but it's better than nothing.

Bike oath sounds nice but how close is it to your house, is it a good walking distance or do you need to drive there? Even a 5 minute drive is a lot and finding parking. The car dependancy is the real issue with suburbs.

Bumping, so very real

I’m turning 19 in a month and it’s time get the fuck out of my small town & move to Miami lol

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
Bike oath sounds nice but how close is it to your house, is it a good walking distance or do you need to drive there? Even a 5 minute drive is a lot and finding parking. The car dependancy is the real issue with suburbs.
It's actually right behind my house, I'm in the basement which has a kitchen, a bathroom, a living room, and a bedroom but whenever I go upstairs in my parents' kitchen to get some food, I often see people on the bike lane. Basically, we have a fence with a door and on the other side is the bike path. It was hilarious when we hadn't built the fence yet, people would cross eyes with us so often while checking out the house from afar.

• Woah
Reactions: Shahnameh