The top 5 biggest looksmaxxing/softmaxxing myths

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
1. beta carotene to get a tan
Doesn't work. Beta carotene does not give you a tan. Your skin will get a yellow or orange tint which looks healthy in moderation but BC is and never will be a substitute for a real suntan. Ideally you'll want both. Consuming too much BC can even make you look sickly as in jaundice. Tanning in moderation is safe and won't age you prematurely.

2. minoxidil for thicker eyebrows
Barely does anything. Your existing eyebrow hairs might get a little longer and you may grow a few new ones in the middle but don't expect Andy Rooney bushy kind of eyebrows if yours are naturally thin. An eyebrow transplant is your best option.

3. Ibutamoren (MK-677) to grow taller
Does not work. Any GH increase won't be significant and long-lasting enough to make you grow taller, especially if you aren't GH deficient in the first place. What it does though is increase your appetite through ghrelin receptor agonism. Despite its rather insignificant effects on HGH and IGF-1 secretion, there still is a risk of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes if you're predisposed. I would rather spend my money on surgery or real HGH.

4. low carb diet to reduce bloat
Another hoax. Carbohydrates don't cause extracellular water retention. Electrolyte imbalance and dehydration does. To get rid of bloat, lose fat and increase the potassium-sodium ratio (2.25:1 or higher) of your diet, drink enough water and move more. Sodium intake alone doesn't matter as much as the potassium-sodium ratio, so avoiding salt isn't really necessary.

5. prolonged fasting and extreme calorie restriction diets to get lean
Fasting might make you lose weight fast due to less gut content, muscle glycogen and intracelullar water loss but overdoing it will result in significant loss of muscle mass and decrease your metabolic rate rather than burn body fat efficiently. Just like extreme calorie restriction aka crash diets, it also makes it much more likely that you'll binge and regain fat afterwards. With dieting, more isn't always better. A moderate calorie deficit, adopting healthy eating habits (eating only when you're actually hungry and stopping once you're satiated to regulate appetite) and a balanced diet is much better and will make it more likely that you stay persistent and maintain a healthy BMI in the long term.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Aero, AppealMaxxing, User49 and 42 others
5 things i dn rd

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ozzymandias, Deleted member 31560, RichardSpencel and 9 others
wait i just rd and 4. and 5. are both attacks at me JFL
OVER FOR ME

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 31560
agreed everything except minoxidil part. i've seen results here where people managed to increase their eyebrow density significantly using minoxidil.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Aero, dantemaxxing, Mouthbreath and 14 others
Doesn't work. Beta carotene does not give you a tan. Your skin will get a yellow or orange tint which looks healthy in moderation but BC is and never will be a substitute for a real suntan. Ideally you'll want both. Consuming too much BC can even make you look sickly as in jaundice. Tanning in moderation is safe and won't age you prematurely.

Barely does anything. Your existing eyebrow hairs might get a little longer and you may grow a few new ones in the middle but don't expect Andy Rooney bushy kind of eyebrows if yours are naturally thin. An eyebrow transplant is your best option.

Does not work. Any GH increase won't be significant and long-lasting enough to make you grow taller, especially if you aren't GH deficient in the first place. What it does though is increase your appetite through ghrelin receptor agonism. Despite its rather insignificant effects on HGH and IGF-1 secretion, there still is a risk of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes if you're predisposed. I would rather spend my money on surgery or real HGH.

Another hoax. Carbohydrates don't cause extracellular water retention. Electrolyte imbalance and dehydration does. To get rid of bloat, lose fat and increase the potassium-sodium ratio (2.25:1 or higher) of your diet, drink enough water and move more. Sodium intake alone doesn't matter as much as the potassium-sodium ratio, so avoiding salt isn't really necessary.

Fasting might make you lose weight fast due to less gut content, muscle glycogen and intracelullar water loss but overdoing it will result in significant loss of muscle mass and decrease your metabolic rate rather than burn body fat efficiently. Just like extreme calorie restriction aka crash diets, it also makes it much more likely that you'll binge and regain fat afterwards. With dieting, more isn't always better. A moderate calorie deficit, adopting healthy eating habits (eating only when you're actually hungry and stopping once you're satiated to regulate appetite) and a balanced diet is much better and will make it more likely that you stay persistent and maintain a healthy BMI in the long term.
wait hold on hold on so your telling me minoxidil barely grows it? damn so its over. It never began.

agreed everything except minoxidil part. i've seen results here where people managed to increase their eyebrow density significantly using minoxidil.
It works for some but most people won't see a significant improvement. Many before/after pictures of minoxodil eyebrow transformations are frauded to hell

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: RAITEIII and sandcelmuttcel
Minox has done a huge amount for my brows

• +1
Reactions: dantemaxxing, NormieKilla, Deleted member 5634 and 1 other person
#5 is incorrect
The body preserves muscle mass until the fat stores becomes so low that there is no other choice.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, dantemaxxing and Deleted member 5818
#5 is incorrect
The body preserves muscle mass until the fat stores becomes so low that there is no other choice.
not if you are getting 0 protein.

#5 is incorrect
That's not true. Resistant training helps with preserving lean mass but otherwise your body has no reason to prefer muscle to hold on to than adipose tissue. After all, muscle tissue requires more energy and oxygen to maintain than fat

Ngl minox for eyebrows worked for me. I coped with 5 looked like a skeleton, now im coping with mk677

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10104 and Bewusst
If so, am i better off by taking S adenosyl methionine or some OTHER ORAL drug for height, tnx.

You are supposed to stack it with that DAC peptide, alone it's crap, they both combined are more expensive than HGH but could yield a higher HGH if your are on peak endogenous production, who knows. Both options should be checked with bloods on an individual basis.
HGH is better to time it with workouts and whatnot, so if you are not in puberty HGH is the way to go all the time, and if you are in puberty you got to do bloods or just get the HGH to be sure.

I was able to increase eyebrow density with just oil copes, and add peripheral hairs which i should pluck sometime, longer brow hair=more density. Minox would probably be overkill, but my brows were thick to begin with. Im using minox in my beard though.

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9090 and Deleted member 5634
If so, am i better off by taking S adenosyl methionine or some OTHER ORAL drug for height, tnx.
You maybe are if you combine it with an aromatase inhibitor. Not saying it would make you grow past your genetic potential, which is absurd, but slowing growth plate senescence by increasing global DNA methylation and delaying epiphyseal plate fusion by lowering estrogen might hypothetically prevent you from stopping growing too early and help you reach your full genetic height potential

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5634 and Chintuck22
what the fuck boi is this thread 100% directed towards me jfl

You maybe are if you combine it with an aromatase inhibitor. Not saying it would make you grow past your genetic potential, which is absurd, but slowing growth plate senescence by increasing global DNA methylation and delaying epiphyseal plate fusion by lowering estrogen might hypothetically prevent you from stopping growing too early and help you reach your full genetic height potential
You grow past your genetic potential the moment you use AI or HGH, your genetics dictate an amount of HGH and estrogen and if you modify it you are going past your genetic potential. HGH and AI are the doc approved treatments for kidlets, don't need anything else.

• +1
Reactions: Slayercel, Deleted member 9090 and Bewusst
Are you sure about the carb thing?
I’ve been eating only fatty meats and fruit for energy for the last couple days and I feel terrific, water retention is almost zero, I have hollow cheeks, better ab definition etc. I’ve also been drinking dandelion tea.
All from eating just 3 meals per day, each with a big serving of fatty meat like bacon, sausages or taco mince (the 80/20 beef mice) with a small serving of salad, half a small avo, and 1 litre of water + 1 cup dandelion tea.
Then 30 mins before exercise, I’ll have 2 nectarines and 2 peaches.
I supplement each night with potassium, MK677 and berberine.

08087FF5 B819 46A2 B710 0D70D060DF89

Let me know what I’m doing right/wrong, you’re another high iq user who’s posts are worth their weight in gold

Ps I’m eating maybe 2000 kcal or less per day, strength feel like it may even be increasing.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9090
what do u say about 3g of water being stored for every 1g of gylcogen?

did i just spend 12 euro's on beta carotene to look like an asian?

what do u say about 3g of water being stored for every 1g of gylcogen?
Intracellularly. Doesn‘t cause bloat as in extracellular water retention/edema

Too long too read.

Castor oil made my brows thicker after only 1 try and i’m not joking

also good thread

Using carrots gives me very good skin colour but I wouldn't call it tan.

Some people are completely delusional even believe minoxidil will make new hair follicles grow. It's only going to improve ur actual hair, if ur genetic allows for it and for some reason ur not reaching that potential.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst

How do i find a good potassium sodium ratio??

What about these copes?
Bone smashing
Ice on upper eyelid
Mewing
Thumb pulling

How do i find a good potassium sodium ratio??

What about these copes?
Bone smashing
Ice on upper eyelid
Mewing
Thumb pulling
I already mentioned the ratio. Eat more foods with high potassium content (e.g. dates, bananas, lentils) and watch your sodium intake.

- Bonesmashing is cope. No idea about ice for eyelid hooding but honestly, I think it's stupid. It's probably just temporary swelling due to increased blood flow as a response to the cold. Better to take cold showers for overall circulation.
- Mewing has valid points but isn't such a magic transformative method as people like Astrosky make it out to be. The whole thing got blown out of proportion by people who don't even understand the basic principles and limitations of orthotropics. Mouthbreathing and baby soft diet for years are obviously bad for you. Keep your mouth shut if you aren't eating or talking, chew enough for alveolar bone density and masseter development and you're good to go. Under normal circumstances, the tongue rests against the palate naturally but this is only possible if there's enough space to begin with. Forcing it if there isn't enough room in your mouth will just lead to TMJ issues and muscle imbalances.
- Thumb pulling is retarded, like bonesmashing.

worked for me weirdly. i went from pale to orange-tint light brown, and i can't tan if i really wanted to
different bodies have different reactions to beta arotene.

I’ve used minox on beard and had sub par results, on eyebrows within a month i saw a significant difference

Minoxodil does work gang
Ik people who been using it for beard growth and I personally use it for eyebrow growth
Mine wasn't super thin but it wasn't a lot either so it definitely helped

maintain a healthy BMI in the long
Why does anybody still use the BMI crap
If go to the gym and have muscles, then there no point since BMI doesn't rank/count muscularity

everythings right beside 4.
2 weeks after switching to a carnivore diet, my face has never been leaner/less bloated. bodyfat is the same and i'm consuming 500 more calories

NAh its a cope

did it 2 years with zero results

Your coping if you say mk677 doesnt work/

Disagree on minoxidil, I have barely visible very thing eyebrows after a serum and dying them black I look like a different person so much it changed.