The truth about Chin Wing

Acromegaly_Chad

Acromegaly_Chad

Offical Surgery Consultant
All you jawcels and those planning to get Chin wing need to listen up. This is gonna be the brutal truth about the Chin Wing surgery and why you should consider it very well before undergoing it.

We jawcels often suffer from a both narrow and recessed mandible. Both can be fixed with a chin wing BUT you can barely fix both in one procedure. You need two surgeries and surgeons WILL NOT TELL YOU which step you need to take first.

Chin Wing docs will usually drop the jaw angle, move it forward and boom your jaw angles are destroyed and only your recession is fixed.

What you need to do instead is to get a chin wing with median split first solely for the purpose of widening the mandible and getting lateral jaw angle projection.

After that you get a modified chin wing where the cut does not go all the way back to the jas angles to fix your recession.

That way you get a wider mandible AND fix your recession.

If you do it the other way around it's over because your jaw angles will already be destroyed.

Surgeons won't tell that to you so beware.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Pumanator, Deleted member 8771, looksseg and 16 others
I'm pro-chin wing so i can say this is important

All you jawcels and those planning to get Chin wing need to listen up. This is gonna be the brutal truth about the Chin Wing surgery and why you should consider it very well before undergoing it.

We jawcels often suffer from a both narrow and recessed mandible. Both can be fixed with a chin wing BUT you can barely fix both in one procedure. You need two surgeries and surgeons WILL NOT TELL YOU which step you need to take first.

Chin Wing docs will usually drop the jaw angle, move it forward and boom your jaw angles are destroyed and only your recession is fixed.

What you need to do instead is to get a chin wing with median split first solely for the purpose of widening the mandible and getting lateral jaw angle projection.

After that you get a modified chin wing where the cut does not go all the way back to the jas angles to fix your recession.

If you do it the other way around it's over because your jaw angles will already be destroyed.

I wrote u in chat

Wow, a good thread on here.

Makes sense. I'm getting double jaw first before considering a chin wing, but will keep this in mind.

I'm pro-chin wing so i can say this is important

Just get a jaw angle implant

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
I agree, but potentially you can get a mini ching wing (what you referred to as modified chin wing) AND side wing in the same procedure.
Your solution would end in a better result in the end, by how much, I can't say. But it would also require 2 surgeries with up to a year of wait time between the first and second, which is a lot of wait time and a lot of money.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13824 and UnseasonedChicken

is there a difference between modified chin wing and side wing?

can't you just get wraparound jaw implants which covers all of that

• +1
Reactions: Ronaldo37, Phillybeard1996, Slob and 2 others
Surprisingly based and high iq thread. Side wings and jaw implants mog tho

what if you get chin wing and jaw angle implants

I agree, but potentially you can get a mini ching wing (what you referred to as modified chin wing) AND side wing in the same procedure.
Your solution would end in a better result in the end, by how much, I can't say. But it would also require 2 surgeries with up to a year of wait time between the first and second, which is a lot of wait time and a lot of money.
I can't find any info of side wings online

what if combined with bimax? drop the jaw angle, make it wider WITHOUT pushing it forward. wouldn't it make a mogger jaw angle and ramus length? for mandible you geta mini chinwing at the top. idk if possible tho

what if combined with bimax? drop the jaw angle, make it wider WITHOUT pushing it forward. wouldn't it make a mogger jaw angle and ramus length? for mandible you geta mini chinwing at the top. idk if possible tho

I have no idea

chin wing cannot fix recession of palate, dental arches and labiomental fold

bimax can

• +1
Reactions: Ronaldo37
well, if you do a bimax you dont need the forward movement of the chin wing