The truth I am afraid to tell my peers: I have mild functioning autism

lunin7

lunin7

i’m finally at peace
I was born, and diagnosed autistic at age 3, and didn’t discover that until I was 11. At first I was in denial, but over time, I realized that.. I was not able to force myself to have full conversations with others. I noticed others were seemingly turnt off from my presence. They would either look away from me, or degrade me.

I am surprised that no one knows I have autism in my school, perhaps I’m so good at masking myself. But nonetheless, some of my social failos slip out and people can detect those failos and assume I’m weird, an asshole, or untrustworthy.

What most people misunderstand is that when autists start shutting down, they assume it is weakness, when in actuality it’s over stimulation.

It makes so much sense why I dislike school, an environment with bright lights, loud noises, and annoying gen z brain rot kids screaming “bbl drizzy” or whatever irrelevant trend they can think of.

And growing up I’ve never had a supportive family, I had to deal with family even ostracizing me because they thought I was weird, and being around them made me feel like absolute shit, so I retreated to solitude. That’s when I understood that most events leading up to my position aren’t my fault.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kofri727, RecessedChinCel and IAMNOTANINCEL
TLDR; it doesn’t matter how knowledgeable I become, if you are a NT and can relate, I will have trouble speaking to you, no matter how much you can relate. We are developed differently and that is that.

What you and I can do is work on understanding our prefrontal cortex’s and connecting better together. Kind of like how an American can connect with a Brit.

• +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL
I was born, and diagnosed autistic at age 3, and didn’t discover that until I was 11
Damn i didn't discover until i was 20. My family never told me and i just happened to stumble upon an old document diagnosing me with it
Right on their part tbh, rope prevention i guess

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell, lunin7 and <6PSLcel
I found out at age 8 for sure, but at age 7 I already have suspicions

• +1
Reactions: lunin7
Damn i didn't discover until i was 20. My family never told me and i just happened to stumble upon an old document diagnosing me with it
Right on their part tbh, rope prevention i guess
I was kind of in a state of blissful ignorance. When I discovered the blackpill I already knew that I had some sort of mental deficiency but it kinda just played it off as my looks being the reason.

Then people started calling me attractive and I was still getting treated poorly, so the only thing I could accept was that I’m just socially retarded, but that it doesn’t limit me of any mental knowledgeability.

I have schizophrenia. Its beyond over

• +1
Fuck your peers tbh. Weren’t they the ones fucking with you n shut ?

• +1
Fuck your peers tbh. Weren’t they the ones fucking with you n shut ?
Yeah pretty much. At this point i too say fuck them all and let them fall off a cliff. I’ll do what I have to do to get by regardless.

Yeah pretty much. At this point i too say fuck them all and let them fall off a cliff. I’ll do what I have to do to get by regardless.
Yea I feel the same way all my “peers” ever did for me was gaslight me n shit and say I have schizophrenia. Now I’m just focused on the grind and ascension. Fk the haters bro

• Love it
I found out at age 8 for sure, but at age 7 I already have suspicions
Makes me feel like I’m not alone in this struggle.

I was thinking we can all come together and live in a giant facility where we can have sensory rooms and not feel the need to mask, but it’ll require millions if not billions of dollars to fund.

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
All u can do is looksmax and mask my brother

• +1
I have schizophrenia. Its beyond over
I don’t know too much about schizophrenia but I’ve seen videos about it and they’re brutal to watch. Especially fromthe person’s perspective

This reminds me of me, I was diagnosed at those same ages and everything.

It was less the autism, but more the inferiority complex that came with it that was such a problem. Being autistic doesn't make you an entirely different type of human, especially now when to me Gen Z seems kinda autistic at large compared to my generation (millennials).

Girls that are attracted to your looks can forgive you for being non-NT, but you need low inhib to get anywhere with them, so unironically just be confident (and I wouldn't tell that to just anyone).

• +1