The two best male face shapes and what hair they should have

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
Square:

Fade on the sides is optimal because it hailos the jaw and looks very masculine on this face shape. Short/medium hair on top with a lot of texture to contrast the sharp jaw.

234FEBD6 4742 4BF2 A5F9 25B846B33408
072EE1C7 317D 49A0 88ED AA46206F3D76
794AE0BB 43F3 4A1F A835 B875A77A3A5C

Diamond:

You want medium, flowing hair all over, think male model hair. The medium hair, especially on the sides, hailos the zygos. This is why male models and hot women (most of which have prominent zygos) suit medium/long sides very well.

FFAEB05F 2454 45DD 9931 791B5EF1FECF
22AD6759 5C0C 4597 B926 EBF7C266F026
04FCFE29 B61C 4A6C 90FF 82B19B7CBA26

• +1
Reactions: jacobrb07, incel194012940, 000 and 4 others
Wait, the difference between the two is that the Diamond-shaped ones have great zygos while those of the ones with the square faces are recessed? That's what I'm noticing

• +1
Reactions: s3-s3 and Danish_Retard
What are the characteristics of diamond face?

• +1
Reactions: s3-s3
My head shape is a mix of those, what hairstyle you recommend?

Wait, the difference between the two is that the Diamond-shaped ones have great zygos while those of the ones with the square faces are recessed? That's what I'm noticing
Both have relatively wide faces, Square face doesn’t necessarily mean recessed zygos.

• +1
Reactions: jacobrb07
  • +1
Reactions: 000, Deleted member 2658, Deleted member 4416 and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
wouldn't this be more rectangle/ oblong?
Looks this way due to no hair on sides, but actual face shape is closest to square due to his wide jaw and zygos.

• +1
Reactions: BlindMaxxer
When are zygos more prominent than forehead? Like wider or what?
Wider than forehead/hairline, this isn’t hard, think of what shape a diamond is lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
My head shape is a mix of those, what hairstyle you recommend?
You can PM me pics if you want for advice

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6695
This looks more like pear/triangular whatever you like to call it. Except his cheekbones and jawline are the same with a narrower forhead.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200628-085058_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200628-085058_Samsung Internet.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 85
Looks this way due to no hair on sides, but actual face shape is closest to square due to his wide jaw and zygos.
No. Square faces are caused by a low gonial angle.

This looks more like pear/triangular whatever you like to call it. Except his cheekbones and jawline are the same with a narrower forhead.
He has narrow temple bones but his face is still square. There’s no point arguing over minor details like this when my point still stands, he suits short sides more than medium sides.

• +1
Reactions: Phillybeard1996
Width obviously has something to do with it as well.
Yes, but ask yourself have you ever seen a person with a low gonial angle with a low bigonial width?
Never, because a low gonial angle is caused by forward mandibular growth rotation + angle you start with before growth (genetics), which, you can temporarily simulate by jutting your jaw forward. It will be will be wider as well as more forward.

Yes, but ask yourself have you ever seen a person with a low gonial angle with a low bigonial width?
Never, because a low gonial angle is caused by forward mandibular growth rotation + angle you start with before growth (genetics), which, you can temporarily simulate by jutting your jaw forward. It will be will be wider as well as more forward.
Fair enough, thanks for the info

He has narrow temple bones but his face is still square. There’s no point arguing over minor details like this when my point still stands, he suits short sides more than medium sides.
Yea i think most people in general look better with a fade overall. But with his strong bone structure face shape/ fade prob looks best on him.

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett