The word ugly.

BrettyBoy

BrettyBoy

Grammarmaxxer.
If you say ‘nigger’, people will give you shit for it but society is completely ok with people using the word ugly to describe people in a really personal and fucked up way. The majority of the time when someone is called ugly, society will only step in if it’s a girl being called ugly. The word ugly should be banned because it has such a shitty effect on people. I have been called ugly in real life before like some of you saw me mention before and it’s not fair to be judged by something you have no control over such as your looks. The only time people should be allowed to use the word ugly is when the person using the word is just an incel saying something like ‘Us incels are too ugly to get any girl’ but besides when it comes to cases like that, the word should be illegal.

• +1
Reactions: theropeking and Coping

• JFL
Reactions: Coping

• JFL
Reactions: Coping
I hate the word so much.

• +1
Reactions: theropeking
ugly (adj.)
mid-13c., uglike "frightful or horrible in appearance," from a Scandinavian source, such as Old Norse uggligr "dreadful, fearful," from uggr "fear, apprehension, dread" (perhaps related to agg "strife, hate") + -ligr "-like" (see -ly (1)). Meaning softened to "very unpleasant to look at" late 14c. Extended sense of "morally offensive" is attested from c. 1300; that of "ill-tempered" is from 1680s.
Among words for this concept, ugly is unusual in being formed from a root for "fear, dread." More common is a compound meaning "ill-shaped" (such as Greek dyseides, Latin deformis, Irish dochrud, Sanskrit ku-rupa). Another Germanic group has a root sense of "hate, sorrow" (see loath). Ugly duckling (1877) is from the story by Hans Christian Andersen, first translated from Danish to English 1846. Ugly American "U.S. citizen who behaves offensively abroad" is first recorded 1958 as a book title.

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
You just wanted to write the n-word, didn't you?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Insomniac, Arkantos, dogtown and 1 other person
ugly nigger

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
I hate the word ugly. I FUCKING HATE IT. I even screamed at my mom for using that word. I got bullied too often in hs despite being nt and kind of social. Got called "hässlon=hässlich(german)" so often. Fuck I hate humans. If you have never been bullied you can't be a truecel. Try being nt as much as you can, it won't help you if your face is deformed

• +1
Reactions: Arkantos and Extra Chromosome
Most humans are not nice.