Theory on obesity

AlexAP

AlexAP

Kraken
I observed it in my family, myself and I think it's the same with others. Many eat a lot when they're down mentally, they do it instead of talking about it. I remember when my parents noticed I was down they always said "Come, your mother will make you something to eat" (even when they were the reason for my down-ness). I have good weight now (182.5 m, 70 kg) but it's because I cope better.

Studies already show a correlation between mental health problems and obesity, but it's not clear whether it's causation or correlation. I think it's possible that over-eating could be mostly a cope and not genetic predisposition, and of course the modern world makes it easier but still the people who fall for it are mostly in needs of copes.

obesity can be compared to smoking/drinking regularly

Id much rather have a beer every day than eat processed chicken nuggets for breakfast that sounds retarded.

I think it's possible that over-eating could be mostly a cope and not genetic predisposition,
there are already studies showing people have a genetically higher level of hunger than others
and that when some people are hungry, their frontal lobe literally shuts off
what is cope about that

Just train hard af and don’t take antipsychotics. Boom obesity solved.

• JFL
Reactions: dopaminebeyondfried