There is no 'Optimal' amounts of sleep

Pogin_chan

Pogin_chan

I hate being so rich
People in the community really stressed about their sleep schedule like 'If i don't get 9 hours of sleep today its over' typa people, but actually you SHOULD wake up at the time where you are most comfortable and think u can do ur work and feel fresh. It doesn't matter if you need only 3 hour sleep or 10 there are various example of people who never slept early like:

1) Newton:

He only used to sleep 2-3 hours per night and still became the greatest scientist but the ONE thing he did is that he used to take naps than sleeps but there are some more scientists who don't even did that

Thomas edison

I am not telling you to be a night owl but want you to not stress about your schedule if you are broke or have serious exams than SLEEPING FOR 9 HOURS EVERY NIGHT CAN HAMPER YOUR PRODUCTIVITY, There are countless example of people who feels shit after sleeping that long.

Conclusion: Sleep till the time you are comfortable with don't stress about your sleep schedule everyone is different some needs only 3 hours sleep some needs 10. If you want to improve your life you should work more than sleep many of the most creative people's didn't sleep well but still they were fine its not a big deal.

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl and Aesthetics_III
Lets see if this thread works well here or not

Not having enough of sleep = low quality progress on whatever you're doing. If 3 hours was enough for Newton doesnt mean its enough for you

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, Graham, capybar and 7 others
Not having enough of sleep = low quality progress on whatever you're doing. If 3 hours was enough for Newton doesnt mean its enough for you
Literally that was my point read the whole thread

• +1
Reactions: Aesthetics_III and Tai Lung
Literally that was my point read the whole thread
"If you want to improve your life you should work more than sleep many of the most creative people's didn't sleep well but still they were fine its not a big deal" and "Sleep till the time you are comfortable with don't stress about your sleep schedule everyone is different some needs only 3 hours sleep some needs 10" you literally wrote 2 different things in one conclusion, also people whos having 8 hours of sleep are the most productive (gonna find the studies later) so 8 hours are estimated as an avarage which can differ higher to lower

• +1
Reactions: niqfan625 and WhiteGoodman
Muscle synthesis happens during sleep. Going to the gym is pointless if you sleep 2-3 hours a night.

Skin renewal and collagen production happens during sleep. You will have awful skin, eye bags and the collagen levels of a 52 year old if you sleep 2-3 hours a night.

As this is a looksmaxing forum, most people care about the physical visible effects low sleeping hours have on you rather than whether it's viable for work or studying, or inventing lightbulbs.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, horizontallytall, schizo echochamber and 3 others
"If you want to improve your life you should work more than sleep many of the most creative people's didn't sleep well but still they were fine its not a big deal" and "Sleep till the time you are comfortable with don't stress about your sleep schedule everyone is different some needs only 3 hours sleep some needs 10" you literally wrote 2 different things in one conclusion, also people whos having 8 hours of sleep are the most productive (gonna find the studies later) so 8 hours are estimated as an avarage which can differ higher to lower
By "comfortable" i meant the amount of time where u don't experience any consequence like failing exam or not being able to work more etc. Sure 8 hours can be the most productive but those studies don't make any conclusion like SleEp FOr 8 hOUrs oR It'S OvER everyone is different you don't have to abide by everything just because of those averageness

By "comfortable" i meant the amount of time where u don't experience any consequence like failing exam or not being able to work more etc. Sure 8 hours can be the most productive but those studies don't make any conclusion like SleEp FOr 8 hOUrs oR It'S OvER everyone is different you don't have to abide by everything just because of those averageness
yeah thats why i said it differs but its the middle where most precentage of people fall into

Muscle synthesis happens during sleep. Going to the gym is pointless if you sleep 2-3 hours a night.

Skin renewal and collagen production happens during sleep. You will have awful skin, eye bags and the collagen levels of a 52 year old if you sleep 2-3 hours a night.

As this is a looksmaxing forum, most people care about the physical visible effects low sleeping hours have on you rather than whether it's viable for work or studying, or inventing lightbulbs.
Yeah true still sleeping for however long u are comfortable of is still better than giving so much effort of that 9 hour sleep as if they will become chads but at the end it will only make their life worse it mostly will hamper productivity and can give tiredness for most people

Conclusion: Sleep till the time you are comfortable with don't stress about your sleep schedule everyone is different some needs only 3 hours sleep some needs 10.
no one is going to be comfortable with 3 hours of sleep. if you let someone sleep uninterrupted and dont put an alarm that guy is never gonna wake up with less than 6 hours of sleep

no one is going to be comfortable with 3 hours of sleep. if you let someone sleep uninterrupted and dont put an alarm that guy is never gonna wake up with less than 6 hours of sleep
i've shown examples there some people do like u wake up that way

How is this even related to looksmaxxing? Edison was ogremaxxed facially at 30

• +1
Reactions: datboijj
How is this even related to looksmaxxing? Edison was ogremaxxed facially at 30
If u eat natural you can sleep 4 hoyrs aajonus vonderplanitz did that

more like productivity maxxing

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 43934
I've been sleep deprived for years and it's literal hell jfl

But muh this figure from centuries ago was rumored to barely sleep!!! Yeah right
edison isn't centuries ago there are lots of scientists who barely sleeps

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3105
I've been sleep deprived for years and it's literal hell jfl

But muh this figure from centuries ago was rumored to barely sleep!!! Yeah right
there was a surgeon in the first residency in the us who could work for very long hours and with little sleep, and he was a really good surgeon, students couldn’t keep up with him, he basically made the benchmark for doctors to work like they do now in america

turns out he was taking cocaine

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3105

What's the ideal time for waking up time and moisturizer? Only use moisturizer with not many ingredients? Surely, Nivea can't be the one as it's way too popular and mainstream for it to the best.

Tom Cruise wakes up 4-5 in the morning. I noticed that seems to be the ideal time for waking up as many celebrities seem to wake up that time as well who take care of themselves.

Yeah, sleep is clearly one of the most important things to look good as bad sleep can really damage your looks regardless if you do the rest as it will show on your face that you look tired and lack sleep. Sleep is crucial to have that glowing look on your face.

• +1
Reactions: Gandy
What's the ideal time for waking up time and moisturizer? Only use moisturizer with not many ingredients? Surely, Nivea can't be the one as it's way too popular and mainstream for it to the best.

Tom Cruise wakes up 4-5 in the morning. I noticed that seems to be the ideal time for waking up as many celebrities seem to wake up that time as well who take care of themselves.

Yeah, sleep is clearly one of the most important things to look good as bad sleep can really damage your looks regardless if you do the rest as it will show on your face that you look tired and lack sleep. Sleep is crucial to have that glowing look on your face.

The ideal is definitely aroud 5-7 AM, when the sun starts rising. That's the natural human circadian rhythm.
I notice negative skin effects when deviating from this, like sleeping until 10-12 AM.

Any moisturizer that doesn't have skin clogging ingredients and alcohol (cetearyl alcohol is ok, because it's not a drying alcohol - it just allows moisture and active ingredients to penetrate the skin barrier).

For the absolute best, if you are willing to go past the Nivea price range, you'd go for Korean skin care. For example the Whamisa line of moisturizers made from 99% cactus extract and fermented actives.

They aren't niche items anymore, they are very easy to order online even from western stores nowadays.
They feel nicer on the skin than Nivea as well.

The worst moisturizers are mid range products like Clarins and Laroche Posay (the latter which makes great sunscreens though) which are full of ingredients that cause inflammation and dryness - i.e. they sell $0.50 ingredients at a 100x markup.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055 and Leo69
no sleep = no hgh

The ideal is definitely aroud 5-7 AM, when the sun starts rising. That's the natural human circadian rhythm.
I notice negative skin effects when deviating from this, like sleeping until 10-12 AM.

Any moisturizer that doesn't have skin clogging ingredients and alcohol (cetearyl alcohol is ok, because it's not a drying alcohol - it just allows moisture and active ingredients to penetrate the skin barrier).

For the absolute best, if you are willing to go past the Nivea price range, you'd go for Korean skin care. For example the Whamisa line of moisturizers made from 99% cactus extract and fermented actives.

They aren't niche items anymore, they are very easy to order online even from western stores nowadays.
They feel nicer on the skin than Nivea as well.

The worst moisturizers are mid range products like Clarins and Laroche Posay (the latter which makes great sunscreens though) which are full of ingredients that cause inflammation and dryness - i.e. they sell $0.50 ingredients at a 100x markup.
Yeah, 5-7am sounds more ideal for me compared to 4-5am as well, and I notice that as well.

There is many moisturizers from the Whamisa line. I've linked one below, and I linked a cleanser as well as they sell cleansers. Would these two from Whamisa do me well? I'll be using these two and tretinoin basically for the most part for now as those are the essentials.

Since there isn't much products to put onto the skin other than what you said the 3 main things like cleanser, moisturizer, and tretinoin. I don't mind investing money into these Korean products.

For the moisturizer, this is the only one I found from Whamisa with cactus it seems which is only available on Amazon. Do I order this one?

Amazon product ASIN B0C5WKSC2S
amazon.com/Whamisa-Sherbet-Soothing-Moisturizing-Hydration/dp/B0C5WKSC2S

1.5oz, and shipping takes 2 weeks. How long would 1.5oz even last? Maybe a month at best or 2 weeks? I moisturizer every other day when I do tretinoin and I do it at night. I guess a month? They say moisturizer and cleanse daily though. Both morning and night? That will probably last 2 weeks if I do that.

These are two other moisturizers on their website, but doesn't have cactus. The Amazon does, so do I order the Amazon one?

Which cleanser do I order the cream or oil?

I would order the cream for the cleanser.

Thanks for getting back to me. It means a lot.

Last edited:
People in the community really stressed about their sleep schedule like 'If i don't get 9 hours of sleep today its over' typa people, but actually you SHOULD wake up at the time where you are most comfortable and think u can do ur work and feel fresh. It doesn't matter if you need only 3 hour sleep or 10 there are various example of people who never slept early like:

1) Newton:

He only used to sleep 2-3 hours per night and still became the greatest scientist but the ONE thing he did is that he used to take naps than sleeps but there are some more scientists who don't even did that

Thomas edison

I am not telling you to be a night owl but want you to not stress about your schedule if you are broke or have serious exams than SLEEPING FOR 9 HOURS EVERY NIGHT CAN HAMPER YOUR PRODUCTIVITY, There are countless example of people who feels shit after sleeping that long.

Conclusion: Sleep till the time you are comfortable with don't stress about your sleep schedule everyone is different some needs only 3 hours sleep some needs 10. If you want to improve your life you should work more than sleep many of the most creative people's didn't sleep well but still they were fine its not a big deal.

Ideal is 7 hours and 30 minutes

youre not newton nigger. why this forum is so retarded

• +1
Reactions: capybar