These used to be sacred halls

Bipolar Vamp6ix

Bipolar Vamp6ix

𓌜Dark Triad Coper
In the dim light of my study, surrounded by scrolls, I find myself reminiscing about a time when the forum was more than a political body; it was a true sanctuary of knowledge and culture. I recall when eloquent speakers wielded their words with power, their addresses resonating with wisdom and inspiring the heart of the city. Those debates were filled with fervor, where the pursuit of virtue and the common good took precedence over personal ambition.

Yet, as I reflect, I can see how the tide began to shift. With each passing year, more individuals of wealth and influence, rather than merit and intellect, filled the seats of power. The forum became a stage for personal agendas, where loyalty to faction overshadowed loyalty to the greater good. The elevated discourse I once cherished dulled, overtaken by ambition and intrigue.

I think back to the conversations I shared with thoughtful colleagues, where discussions of philosophy enriched our understanding of governance. Now, those meaningful exchanges have given way to petty squabbles and self-serving measures. The halls that once resonated with thoughtful debate now echo with the sounds of discontent and corruption.

I sigh deeply, realizing that the forum in its current state, no longer reflects the ideals that once made it great. In the shadows of my memories, I see a flickering flame of knowledge, struggling to survive against the encroaching darkness of ignorance and greed. If the Republic is to endure, we must reclaim the forum as a bastion of virtue and wisdom—before it is too late.

• +1
Reactions: ey88
Not one word
Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• So Sad
Reactions: ey88