Thinking is the root cause of suffering

mug

mug

Kraken
Can I get an amen?

IMG 2762

This book thats all over TT is extremely valuable if your neurotic and anxious like myself. It will help you relax your mind and expand your consciousness

Quotes

“In actuality, we only want these external results like money and significance because we want to experience certain feelings inside such as love, joy, peace, and fulfillment. The feeling is really what we want in our lives, not the physical things, but the trap is that we believe the physical things will give us those feelings. The secret lies within the feeling.”

“If you want to find truth, look beyond the words, and look for a feeling.”

"People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh

“The root cause of our suffering is our own thinking.”

“Thoughts create. Thinking destroys.”

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon and try2beme
your thoughts aren’t even yours

• +1
Reactions: mug
I would be so much happier if I stopped thinking (stressing) so much

• +1
Reactions: try2beme, isis_Bleach and mug
if youre an anxious cuck expect to be squashed thats reason enough not to be one

Are there any drugs/therapies to not overthink so much

• +1
your thoughts aren’t even yours
Im saying when you dont think you get divine jntervention that will pop up the best thoughts in your head. Thinking /=/ thoughts if that makes sense

• +1
Reactions: Sprinkles
I would be so much happier if I stopped thinking (stressing) so much
So basically just repeat in your mind “thinking is the root of all suffering”

And your brain will stop thinking and you’ll go on autopilot

Can I get an amen?

View attachment 3174329

This book thats all over TT is extremely valuable if your neurotic and anxious like myself. It will help you relax your mind and expand your consciousness

True.

But often times there is truth to our "perceived sufferings" ... just that too much introspection, doomscrolling and confirmation bias hunting exaggerates the problem.

ER was a good example.

• +1
I like to think, I hate when I feel like my head is empty and inactive.

I am the polar opposite of a Buddhist monk psychologically.

• +1
I like to think, I hate when I feel like my head is empty and inactive.

I am the polar opposite of a Buddhist monk psychologically.
Its weird because not thinking makes me more creative and happy, I thought of a million dollar Idea yesterday that i would never have thought of if i tried to think of it.

Not thinking doesnt mean your head is empty it means you get thoughts that occur naturally from the universe or God or whatever

So basically just repeat in your mind “thinking is the root of all suffering”

And your brain will stop thinking and you’ll go on autopilot
Yeah but then I would be worse at accomplishing shit. I need to think to achieve my goals, I just need to stop thinking about dumb niggerslop as much

• +1
Yeah but then I would be worse at accomplishing shit. I need to think to achieve my goals, I just need to stop thinking about dumb niggerslop as much
That’s the problem with stoicism

The root of my suffering is not joining .org before 2022

• JFL
Memory erasure therapy is the answer

• JFL
Quotes

“In actuality, we only want these external results like money and significance because we want to experience certain feelings inside such as love, joy, peace, and fulfillment. The feeling is really what we want in our lives, not the physical things, but the trap is that we believe the physical things will give us those feelings. The secret lies within the feeling.”

“If you want to find truth, look beyond the words, and look for a feeling.”

"People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh

“The root cause of our suffering is our own thinking.”

“Thoughts create. Thinking destroys.”