This is what happens when you get camo orthodontics when you in reality need bimax

TallDarkAndHandsome

TallDarkAndHandsome

Iron
EF205F61 8228 4849 8B35 33766996A71B

I used to have braces with elastics as a teen to “fix” my deep and overbite. All this did was masking my skeletal deformity by pulling down and back my upper front teeth and tilt my lower front teeth forward:lul:. I spent 2 years doing this cope:lul:.

Now I’m starting decompression braces to prepare for double jaw surgery within the next few weeks but this will take 1-2 years most likely.

Surgery first will be cope because it will make the mandible advancement very limited. I’m not gonna take some compromised shortcuts for an invasive and expensive surgery like this.

Here is what it should look like:
28A76AB5 C2EC 44F3 B039 8248458F8051

1FD7F071 656D 48D8 AE98 DFDAAA0571EF

• +1
Reactions: sqwertyl, Albatroz7, normie_joe and 5 others
How about for an underbite? I had braces for that I feel like it kind of did some damage too.

• +1
Reactions: TallDarkAndHandsome
You are very correct. Mine are even more tilted and i spent 3 years wearing the braces because not only are my jaws recessed but also very narrow. My lower teeth were so crowded that i had 4 or 5 growing almost as a second row because there was no space. All i needed was jaw surgery and widening of both jaws and instead wasted 3 years to make the teeth straight without fixing any of the actual health issues.

• +1
Reactions: TallDarkAndHandsome
You are very correct. Mine are even more tilted and i spent 3 years wearing the braces because not only are my jaws recessed but also very narrow. My lower teeth were so crowded that i had 4 or 5 growing almost as a second row because there was no space. All i needed was jaw surgery and widening of both jaws and instead wasted 3 years to make the teeth straight without fixing any of the actual health issues.
Feel the same bro :cry:. As I said earlier, I spent over two years in braces with elastics for more than half of that time to "correct my deep bite" all tho now do it all over again just to undo the damage and prep for jaw surgery:ROFLMAO:. It might take two years to decomp if I'm unlucky. Sure I could do surgery first, but why strive for a subpar result when you can make it right the first time?

How narrow is your maxilla? I think my maxillary intermolar width is about 49-50mm not sure if that's bad. Intercanine width is 39mm. Additionally, I have a big face and skull so I probably benefit from wider arches than the average person. My skull circumference is 58cm but my face is big and my neurocranium is pretty small so it's bigger than you'd expect.
Ijcpd 14 S4 g002
IMD

Last edited:
How about for an underbite? I had braces for that I feel like it kind of did some damage too.
Depends on whether your occlusion is skeletal or just dental. To properly assess you'd need a CT scan. But it was just dental you're good, but that's not usually the case, unfortunately.
This image that I posted earlier explains it in a good way:
4401656 1FD7F071 656D 48D8 AE98 DFDAAA0571EF

I can also recommend you read this thread:

Feel free to ask me in DMs if you have any further questions.

• +1
Reactions: sqwertyl