Thoughts about parasites

cooldude1231

cooldude1231

Solstice
Parasites are only bad when the humans get a parasite that doesn't belong in their body

Humans are supposed to be the definitive host of parasites, when humans are the intermediate host problems can occur and they go to the wrong place i.e cysticercosis.

This can kill you, despite what some might say. Humans become the intermediate host when ingesting tapeworm eggs, so its important to wash your hands after pooping and avoid eating your feces.

Adult forms on the parasites seem to be fine, with humans entering a state of homeostasis when harboring them.

Here is some proof (?) https://www.nature.com/articles/mi201423

Ai summary of the article since its a bit hard to understand...

This article from Nature's Mucosal Immunology journal discusses the systemic impact of intestinal helminth infections on the immune system. Here are the key points:
  1. Intestinal helminths can control harmful inflammatory responses and promote homeostasis by triggering systemic immune responses.
  2. Helminths induce two main types of immune responses:
    • Type 2 immune responses (characterized by Th2 cytokines)
    • Regulatory immune responses (involving regulatory T cells and cytokines like IL-10 and TGF-β)
  3. These responses can reduce harmful type 1 immune responses that drive certain inflammatory diseases.
  4. Intestinal helminths may also downregulate harmful type 2 immune responses, including allergic responses.
  5. Helminth infections may indirectly affect inflammation by influencing the composition of the intestinal microbiome.
  6. The immune response to intestinal helminths extends beyond the gut, affecting systemic immunity.
  7. Helminth infections or their products may have potential as immunotherapies for controlling inflammatory diseases.
  8. The article discusses specific examples, such as the effect of helminth infections on type 1 diabetes in mouse models.
  9. The potent systemic effects of intestinal helminths are attributed to their ability to stimulate immune responses in multiple organs and lymphoid tissues.
Overall, the review highlights the complex and far-reaching effects of intestinal helminth infections on the immune system, suggesting potential therapeutic applications in treating inflammatory conditions.

Important to note: the article is about nematodes (specifically Heligmosomoides polygyrus bakeri) and not tapeworms but I don't think there would be that much of a difference considering they both inhabit the intestines.

So conclusion, Humans are supposed to be the definitive host, this means humans aren't supposed to ingest the eggs (intermediate host) and are instead supposed to ingest the larvae which hatches into the adult tapeworm (definitive host).

This is all speculative and I dont advocate for anything ok:ogre:

Last edited:
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1 and ey88
Is this a decent thraed tried to be less of a dumbass retard in it

• +1
Reactions: ey88
I don’t understand

• +1
Reactions: cooldude1231
I don’t understand
Adult tapeworm good (?) eggs larvae bad!

edit: so im dumb but larvae hatches into the adult tapeworm, eggs become the larvae.. so eggs are bad as humans arent supposed to be the intermediate host

Last edited:
  • +1
parasites live in ur mind too so they r conscious in a way

• +1
Reactions: ey88 and cooldude1231
i wish i was a parasite mogger existence

• +1
Reactions: ey88 and cooldude1231
Thanks, what makes adult good though?
Well i'd assume the body would enter a state of homeostasis with it, and they can even treat inflamatory conditons (at least with nematodes). Aajonus says they remove toxins from the body too so theres that

• +1
Well i'd assume the body would enter a state of homeostasis with it, and they can even treat inflamatory conditons (at least with nematodes). Aajonus says they remove toxins from the body too so theres that
Can larvae be in raw meat or just poo and stuff?

• +1
Im kind of uninformed so dont rely on me but i think only poop. When the parasites life cycle is over it shits itself out or something like that.
Pork is very weird though.. I dont trust pork at all

• +1
Im kind of uninformed so dont rely on me but i think only poop. When the parasites life cycle is over it shits itself out or something like that.
Pork is very weird though.. I dont trust pork at all
Yeah I wouldn’t ever eat raw pork

• +1
Sorry im dumb larvae actually hatch into the adult form of the parasite. When you ingest eggs you become the intermediate host, so in the case of cysticercosis the pig should of been the intermediate host. So you dont want to ingest eggs

• +1
@datboijj sorry for ping but what do you think? I remember you saying you did the raw meat diet in a thread before so im curious about ur thoughts if u even have any

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj