Thoughts on Keto diet for bulking?

B

Broski

Zephir
Been dirty bulking and feel sluggish and bloated af does keto do wonders (I need 4000 calories btw is it possible?)

You would need obscene, insane amounts of protein and fat to get 4000kcal a day and be in ketosis.
Assuming even half your daily cals were from protein, to make a food comparison, you would need to eat ~4,5 pounds (2 kilos) of steak or chicken breast every single day.

Then on top of that, you would need to eat about 200 grams of butter/olive oil.

Don't get me wrong. Keto can be great; for cutting. Your body will switch to using body fat stores after liver glycogen is depleted in 2-3 days which can be great for losing body fat.
I think you would do more damage to your liver by eating those obscene amounts of protein daily (like 500+ grams) than you would gain in bulking benefits.

Just get the carbs from cleaner sources like brown rice or whole grains instead of dirty bulking with potato chips etc.
If you are bulking, no need to avoid carbs. Your body fat will go up regardless, energy is energy as long as you get ~2.5 grams of protein per kg of bodyweight for optimal muscle gain as well.

• +1
Reactions: Broski
You would need obscene, insane amounts of protein and fat to get 4000kcal a day and be in ketosis.
Assuming even half your daily cals were from protein, to make a food comparison, you would need to eat ~4,5 pounds (2 kilos) of steak or chicken breast every single day.

Then on top of that, you would need to eat about 200 grams of butter/olive oil.

Don't get me wrong. Keto can be great; for cutting. Your body will switch to using body fat stores after liver glycogen is depleted in 2-3 days which can be great for losing body fat.
I think you would do more damage to your liver by eating those obscene amounts of protein daily (like 500+ grams) than you would gain in bulking benefits.

Just get the carbs from cleaner sources like brown rice or whole grains instead of dirty bulking with potato chips etc.
If you are bulking, no need to avoid carbs. Your body fat will go up regardless, energy is energy as long as you get ~2.5 grams of protein per kg of bodyweight for optimal muscle gain as well.
My face has gotten bloated af from bulking and Im insecure about it, Ive been on a cut for a week and lost about 1kg (of what i think is water) and people have commented my face looks leaner and less puffy, Is there any way to bulk while minimising bloat