Thoughts On UBI?

SHARK

SHARK

Kraken
Yang says millions of people are going to lose their jobs, and proposes giving everyone $1000 a month. $1000 a month is enough to not die, but that's still not a lot of money. You still need to make more money, but if there are no jobs, what will you do? You're still fucked, no?

Do you believe in the AI mass unemployment scare?
What is your proposed solution if so?
What should your plan be career-wise to avoid being replaced?

I think there's going to be mass roping in the future. It doesn't look good for the bottom 80%.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
Helps me to neet. Robots and AI are already replacing workforce in sectors. It’s a gradual process that will happen for the next 40years or so.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and SHARK
Sauce on this,

OP?
giphy.gif

• Ugh..
Reactions: Vitruvian
give me that grip

1484253432_mp3.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
AI and robots have already killed off tons of jobs in manufacturing and are about to kill off tons of jobs in multiple sectors. UBI is a formality. The question isn’t about if it’s gonna happen, it’s about when.

You can’t have people struggling to find employment and compete with robots and then expect them to survive on their own with no income. That plants the seeds for revolution and political radicalization.

Yangs 1000$ a month is just a test run for future programs that will pay out a full income that someone can live on.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy and Deleted member 1973
i mean nobody likes their job and the basic ones will be automated so i guess we will have more free time.

1. AI will create more jobs actually in the long run

2. The US has the lowest unemployment rate ever right now

3. $1000 is jack shit and wouldn’t do anything anyway (especially decades from now where it’s worth even less)

1. AI will create more jobs actually in the long run

2. The US has the lowest unemployment rate ever right now

3. $1000 is jack shit and wouldn’t do anything anyway (especially decades from now where it’s worth even less)
1. How? Especially in the context of jobs that most people can actually do. Low skill and mid tier skill jobs are about to be replaced by AI and machines. Most people can’t enter the realm of high skill labour.

2. It has the lowest unemployment rate but on the some token, has most people living paycheck to paycheck, mass financial insecurity and rising debts.

3. The 1000$ program is a test run. Obviously the US government isn’t gonna hand out 50k income to everyone over 18. It’s called starting small and getting big over time. Welfare for example started small.

• +1
Yangs 1000$ a month is just a test run for future programs that will pay out a full income that someone can live on.
The question isn’t about if it’s gonna happen, it’s about when.

You can’t have people struggling to find employment and compete with robots and then expect them to survive on their own with no income.

giphy.gif

High I.Q​

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
  • +1
Reactions: BigBoy and Blackout.xl
1. How? Especially in the context of jobs that most people can actually do. Low skill and mid tier skill jobs are about to be replaced by AI and machines. Most people can’t enter the realm of high skill labour.

2. It has the lowest unemployment rate but on the some token, has most people living paycheck to paycheck, mass financial insecurity and rising debts.

3. The 1000$ program is a test run. Obviously the US government isn’t gonna hand out 50k income to everyone over 18. It’s called starting small and getting big over time. Welfare for example started small.
Because the tech sector will open up tons of operational jobs - they’ll just be different. There will also be more jobs in places like amazon as they expand even further as well.

This is arguably the best the job market has ever been for college students tbh. Even the law market isn’t as bad anymore in the US

Companies are so desperate that they’re giving out vet insurance to peoples’s dogs to increase employee retention rate. I see absolutely no problems with the future

Less people are enrolling by the percentage for traditional college as well and filling out trades, so this good trend will continue.

US is in a very good place economically. Yang is an idiot, which is why he will/did drop out.

Because the tech sector will open up tons of operational jobs - they’ll just be different. There will also be more jobs in places like amazon as they expand even further as well.

This is arguably the best the job market has ever been for college students tbh. Even the law market isn’t as bad anymore in the US

Companies are so desperate that they’re giving out vet insurance to peoples’s dogs to increase employee retention rate. I see absolutely no problems with the future

Less people are enrolling by the percentage for traditional college as well and filling out trades, so this good trend will continue.

US is in a very good place economically. Yang is an idiot, which is why he will/did drop out.
High skill jobs will open up in the tech sector. As I said before, your average coal worker in West Virginia or uber driver in California won’t be able to do these jobs. Education will be more important than ever at a time when the education system in the US is in shambles.

This is the best ever job market for college students? Sounds like cope. Most college students aren’t even getting the jobs they studied when they graduate from college.

Companies will have less need to be desperate when AI and robots are properly developed in 10-15 years.

Yang is hardly an idiot. He’s looking forward. He’s the most qualified person on the stage to face trump

Edit; not to mention, UBI can provide the nessecary economic stimulus for communities that still haven’t recovered from mass free trade and the 2008 crash (the rust belt for example)

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy, Truecel14 and Deleted member 1973
This is the best ever job market for college students? Sounds like cope. Most college students aren’t even getting the jobs they studied when they graduate from college.

2015 tier boomer regurgitation

2015 tier boomer regurgitation
Not an argument. College graduates are finding trouble when it comes to finding jobs that they actually have qualifications for.

Last edited:
imagine everyone gets 1000 a month to pay for rent and food. All the chads and stacys will gather and have orgies while the rest of the planet slowly decomposes

• +1
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and BigBoy
That talked about overall jobs. For students, many are underemployed.

All this discusses is specific jobs as it relates to their major. Plus the numbers are better in 2019.

Gunner finance majors might not get a $ 100,000 finance related job out of college. This doesn’t mean they don’t get a good paying job to start, though.

The unemployment rate for recent college graduates is only 4%. Hardly anything to be worried about.

And yes, that talked about the demographic you were referring to in regard to lower people in society..and it clearly demonstrated that they are getting better jobs and making more money.

It would free up time for lots of people to further their education, thus further developing the knowledge of society. Obviously some people would just take the $1000 a month and sit on their asses, but a good majority would use it as a temporary crutch to pursue their dreams.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 1973 and hebbewem
alright concept, sounds a hell of a lot better than 30 different kinds of confusing welfare

worried about its effects on inflation and things costing more, though

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and StoicNihilist
All this discusses is specific jobs as it relates to their major. Plus the numbers are better in 2019.

Gunner finance majors might not get a $ 100,000 finance related job out of college. This doesn’t mean they don’t get a good paying job to start, though.

The unemployment rate for recent college graduates is only 4%. Hardly anything to be worried about.

And yes, that talked about the demographic you were referring to in regard to lower people in society..and it clearly demonstrated that they are getting better jobs and making more money.
Did you miss the headline? 43% of college grads are underemployed. 43% are doing jobs that they shouldn’t be doing, thats extremely high. Nearly half.

Not to mention, some of trump’s best job numbers came in late 2018/early 2019. The number now probably hasn’t changed in terms of college graduate underemployment.

4% is above the national average and unemployment is different from underemployment. Low unemployment is good but high underemployment happening at the same time isn’t a good thing and is certainly worrying

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, BigBoy and Truecel14
Did you miss the headline? 43% of college grads are underemployed. 43% are doing jobs that they shouldn’t be doing, thats extremely high. Nearly half.

Not to mention, some of trump’s best job numbers came in late 2018/early 2019. The number now probably hasn’t changed in terms of college graduate underemployment.

4% is above the natural average and unemployment is different from underemployment. Low unemployment is good but high underemployment happening at the same time isn’t a good thing and is certainly worrying
The people who are competing for the top jobs that require further education should naturally have a higher unemployment rate than those who are going for jobs like retail with higher turnover that are looking for min. Wage workers to work scattered shitty 50 hour weeks. It shouldn’t be a surprise to you.

Even tho the retail jobs suck and have high turnover rates; there are still tons of people that end up working there. Usually they need even more help and could hire even more people if so many NEETs weren’t lazy they could have jobs that pay 35k easy these days with no education.

Last edited:
The people who are competing for the top jobs that require further education should naturally have a higher unemployment rate than those who are going for jobs like retail with higher turnover that are looking for min. Wage workers to work scattered shitty 50 hour weeks. It shouldn’t be a surprise to you.

Even tho the retail jobs suck and have high turnover rates; there are still tons of people that end up working there. Usually they need even more help and could hire even more people if so many NEETs weren’t lazy they could have jobs that pay 35k easy these days with no education.
Obviously those with higher education will have higher underemployment rates than retail, sure. But it shouldn’t be 43% for all courses and as high as 60+% in multiple fields. If you look deeper in the article, 2/3rds of those 43% end up still underemployed after 5 years, that’s certainly not normal.

35k a year in many metropolitan areas simply isn’t enough tbh

Obviously those with higher education will have higher underemployment rates than retail, sure. But it shouldn’t be 43% for all courses and as high as 60+% in multiple fields. If you look deeper in the article, 2/3rds of those 43% end up still underemployed after 5 years, that’s certainly not normal.

35k a year in many metropolitan areas simply isn’t enough tbh
There are only so many jobs, dude. If you go to a good school and do a major + do an internship, your college job Centre will get you a job almost 100% of the time.

Most majors in business are growing at over 10% which is like 3-4% above the average job growth speed.

There are so many factors that go into those 40% numbers. Such as people finding a job their first year unrelated, then liking it and continuing the job and still having that job after 5 years. Most people don’t even know what they want to do anyway and just pick a major. So it’s really not that terrible.

That’s why unemployment rate and average wage rate is much more important. It will categorize everyone and is cherry-pick proof.

my iq is going to shine. im going to free lance program, translate, edit, invest, and ewhore. ill be able to make a decent living through yangbux and my other endeavors. plus, i'll also have a part time job. i have it all figured out.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
The argument between @KEy21 and @Blackout.xl is something I've been seeing a lot.

The unemployment rate is down, but I hear people say it's a bunch of minimum wage/low paying jobs, middle class jobs disappearing.

I haven't done my research idk

• +1
The argument between @KEy21 and @Blackout.xl is something I've been seeing a lot.

The unemployment rate is down, but I hear people say it's a bunch of minimum wage/low paying jobs, middle class jobs disappearing.

it's all going to be about sociopaths and machiavellians succeeding. if you aren't one or the other and don't have an already high paying job you're fucked.

See to my first ziprecruiter link - Lower demographics of people (niggers, spics) are finding better jobs that pay more with better benefits, even as people with no education.

This also doesn’t count all of the illegal immigrants that are driving trucks for 70k/year because not nearly enough people in the US are qualified to drive big trucks like that or even know how.

it's all going to be about sociopaths and machiavellians succeeding. if you aren't one or the other and don't have an already high paying job you're fucked.
Yea I plan on crimemaxxing/scammaxxing
See to my first ziprecruiter link - Lower demographics of people (niggers, spics) are finding better jobs that pay more with better benefits, even as people with no education.

This also doesn’t count all of the illegal immigrants that are driving trucks for 70k/year because not nearly enough people in the US are qualified to drive big trucks like that or even know how.
Don't know where you get that number from. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/transportat...y-and-tractor-trailer-truck-drivers.htm#tab-5

Only top 10% make over 65k according to this.

Yea I plan on crimemaxxing/scammaxxing

Don't know where you get that number from. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/transportat...y-and-tractor-trailer-truck-drivers.htm#tab-5

Only top 10% make over 65k according to this.
Depends on if you’re a union or a scab. I know some truck drivers personally and that’s why I made the comment in the first place. Apparently companies are hiring illegals due to the fact that many people are not certified to drive those trucks.

I don’t necessarily mean as a truck driver full salary, I mean all-in as in they do work during the winter in those climates driving and operating other equipment that they’re not qualified to operate in the snow. Doing locations for thousands of dollars each as a company etc

Spics grind and do a lot of under the table manual labor in this country. It’s well documented throughout the past 100 years.

• +1
There are only so many jobs, dude. If you go to a good school and do a major + do an internship, your college job Centre will get you a job almost 100% of the time.

Most majors in business are growing at over 10% which is like 3-4% above the average job growth speed.

There are so many factors that go into those 40% numbers. Such as people finding a job their first year unrelated, then liking it and continuing the job and still having that job after 5 years. Most people don’t even know what they want to do anyway and just pick a major. So it’s really not that terrible.

That’s why unemployment rate and average wage rate is much more important. It will categorize everyone and is cherry-pick proof.
I do agree that internships are key. However many internships opportunities are garbage or not available.

Most of those underemployed are working their current jobs because there’s no better alternative.

Wages are stagnant bro

The economy is good on paper. However there’s many problems happening in the background that I stated. There’s even studies that show that millennials will have worse lives than their parents.

I do agree that internships are key. However many internships opportunities are garbage or not available.

Most of those underemployed are working their current jobs because there’s no better alternative.

Wages are stagnant bro

The economy is good on paper. However there’s many problems happening in the background that I stated. There’s even studies that show that millennials will have worse lives than their parents.
Of course they will. It’s mostly due to the horrible decision making of their parents in both their personal lives and positions of power.

You’ll never be able to replicate another checking about with 10% interest rates ever again UNLESS the US wins another big world war.

The generation that created the most wealth ever - is the one that will leave their next generation worst off than them; which breaks a century long trend.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and Blackout.xl
I love yang but he will almost never get the candidacy. I supported bernie in 2016, but the establishment rigged it anyway even when he won. It will most likely go to Biden or warren, who will definitely lose to trump, who will waste billions of tax dollars building a wall.

Universal roping