Thumb pulling

G

gymcelmax

Iron
Started thumb pulling a few days ago (19m) but read some threads on here and everyone’s calling it cope and it doesn’t work. My question is why would it not work in theory? If a palate expander works why can’t you manually do it yourself. You’d obviously be applying pressure for way less time on your palette but you’d be applying far more force when doing it. If I do full force thumb pulling every hour for 3-5 min is that not enough pressure to actually expand the palate and lead to forward growth? (Doing both lateral and frontal pulling)

COPPEEEEEE

• +1
Reactions: DarkAscender, Kaari and testogram
ANY KIND OF FUCKING PULLING IS COPEEEE GREYCEL

• +1
Reactions: DarkAscender, keepcopingboyo, Kaari and 1 other person
ANY KIND OF FUCKING PULLING IS COPEEEE GREYCEL
Yeah but I’m asking why 😭, like why would applying a larger force over less time not equate to similar effects as a smaller but consistent force provided by expanders.

Yeah but I’m asking why 😭, like why would applying a larger force over less time not equate to similar effects as a smaller but consistent force provided by expanders.
Yes because the force is temporary,imagine pushing an object uphill for 2 minutes,it will go back down,imagine pushing the object until it’s up the hill with small force.
small consistent force is more inferior than strong temporary force.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: BlackPilled Incel, hx_pital, iblamehamza and 6 others
Yes because the force is temporary,imagine pushing an object uphill for 2 minutes,it will go back down,imagine pushing the object until it’s up the hill with small force.
Rep this pls

• +1
Reactions: BlackPilled Incel, hx_pital, Kaari and 1 other person
Aight well that makes sense , so it could potentially work then at an insanely high frequency but no one’s gonna have their thumbs in their mouth for multiple hours a day lol

• +1
Reactions: dark.max
Aight well that makes sense , so it could potentially work then at an insanely high frequency but no one’s gonna have their thumbs in their mouth for multiple hours a day lol
Exactly

• +1
Reactions: iblamehamza and Kaari
Doesnt work jfl :lul: (btw im biggie cheese)

That isnt how bones in your skull work. Your maxilla WILL grow, without chewing hard things or pulling tough meats it will grow downwards, you need the force pushing it up constantly to keep it up. It will grow whether u push it up or not

Stay consistent you’ll see results age obviously matters a lot

And to ur reply, ur maxilla needs equal amount of force to “roll back down the hill”

That isnt how bones in your skull work. Your maxilla WILL grow, without chewing hard things or pulling tough meats it will grow downwards, you need the force pushing it up constantly to keep it up. It will grow whether u push it up or not

And to ur reply, ur maxilla needs equal amount of force to “roll back down the hill”
Interesting , that make sense , have you personally experienced maxilla growth through softmaxxing methods?

IMG 0950

• Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Kaari and ShawarmaFilth
  • +1
Reactions: dark.max

Also I’ve heard many stories of people’s faces becoming permanently bloated and looking worse off , after chewing mastic gum and other similar products aimed at growing masseters and promoting forward growth, anyway to avoid that? And avoid jaw complications ?

• +1
Reactions: ShawarmaFilth
Also I’ve heard many stories of people’s faces becoming permanently bloated and looking worse off , after chewing mastic gum and other similar products aimed at growing masseters and promoting forward growth, anyway to avoid that? And avoid jaw complications ?
Dont hypertrophy your massater muscle, do not progressively overload on the mastic gum

Your goal is to basically be using your mandible as a hammer, slamming your maxilla up over time

Obviously chewing hard foods will hyper trophy your massater muscle just a tad but you’ll be fine lol

Hard foods MUST be chewed in order for proper mandible development

Again this doesnt mean hypertrophy ur massater muscle

• +1
Reactions: Qzuan
Started thumb pulling a few days ago (19m) but read some threads on here and everyone’s calling it cope and it doesn’t work. My question is why would it not work in theory? If a palate expander works why can’t you manually do it yourself. You’d obviously be applying pressure for way less time on your palette but you’d be applying far more force when doing it. If I do full force thumb pulling every hour for 3-5 min is that not enough pressure to actually expand the palate and lead to forward growth? (Doing both lateral and frontal pulling)
My suggestion would be to PULL out a job application and save for surgery if you want it that bad.

All this cope is a waste of time and that's the brutal truth, get your money up, get surgery. Don't waste time with anything else except drugs like TRT Accutane and hairloss treatment

Again, this is just my opinion, take it as you please. :blackpill::blackpill::blackpill:

Dont hypertrophy your massater muscle, do not progressively overload on the mastic gum

Your goal is to basically be using your mandible as a hammer, slamming your maxilla up over time

Obviously chewing hard foods will hyper trophy your massater muscle just a tad but you’ll be fine lol

Hard foods MUST be chewed in order for proper mandible development

Again this doesnt mean hypertrophy ur massater muscle
Right , so don’t overdo it as it’s just a tool to ensure maxilla growth. Also , so you don’t have experience with thumb pulling? Only belt pulling? Any tips on belt pulling , I’ll look into it.

• +1
Reactions: ShawarmaFilth
Right , so don’t overdo it as it’s just a tool to ensure maxilla growth. Also , so you don’t have experience with thumb pulling? Only belt pulling? Any tips on belt pulling , I’ll look into it.
I do have experience with thumb pulling, just i think its less effective than belt pulling

Try to find an amount of mastic gum which is hard to chew, say maybe 6 pieces or whatever

Stick to it, everyday, dont increase it cause then what happens? You hypertrophy your massater muscle making you look bloated

Some hypertrphy in the beginning is expected tho

My suggestion would be to PULL out a job application and save for surgery if you want it that bad.

All this cope is a waste of time and that's the brutal truth, get your money up, get surgery. Don't waste time with anything else except drugs like TRT Accutane and hairloss treatment

Again, this is just my opinion, take it as you please. :blackpill::blackpill::blackpill:
I hear ya fair enough , I look fine too , haven’t had look related problems ever , I’m more so obsessed with self improvement than anything , not trynna get surgery , but yeah sounds like most softmaxxing is cope, doesn’t take much of my time thumb pulling so I’ll try for a bit see if there’s any minor changes if not , imma drop it.

It depends if your sutures are closed or not, for some it may work, still more chance to get brutal asymmetry, better invest in an mse expander.

Try to find an amount of mastic gum which is hard to chew, say maybe 6 pieces or whatever

Stick to it, everyday, dont increase it cause then what happens? You hypertrophy your massater muscle making you look bloated

Some hypertrphy in the beginning is expected tho
Should I even bother if I’m eating a high meat diet (involves lots of hard chewing)

It depends if your sutures are closed or not, for some it may work, still more chance to get brutal asymmetry, better invest in an mse expander.
Yeah the asymmetry is a fear but, many people advertising thumb pulling say forward growth if the maxilla will actually improve asymmetry

Should I even bother if I’m eating a high meat diet (involves lots of hard chewing)
The fatty meat now isnt like before dude

Our ancestors were chewing and ripping past raw skin, collagenous tissue and LEAN meat, elk, deer, ect

If you wanna understand, get yourself a lamb shank and eat it raw and you’ll get a taste of it

The fatty meat now isnt like before dude

Our ancestors were chewing and ripping past raw skin, collagenous tissue and LEAN meat, elk, deer, ect

If you wanna understand, get yourself a lamb shank and eat it raw and you’ll get a taste of it
😂 yeah that’s true , tbh I look pretty good rn , do you think my facial aesthetics would suffer from belt pulling and thumb pulling, is there a good risk reward ratio?

Yeah the asymmetry is a fear but, many people advertising thumb pulling say forward growth if the maxilla will actually improve asymmetry
On theory yes, but it's more of a cope.

😂 yeah that’s true , tbh I look pretty good rn , do you think my facial aesthetics would suffer from belt pulling and thumb pulling, is there a good risk reward ratio?
Idk if ur downgrown over a long time it could help

My maxilla isn’t bad , I do lack a bit of chin projection, there’s no way to fix that softmaxxing right?
Nope not that i know of

that why people do it once every hour, along with insane tongue exercises. he says it cope and it really is unless you try hard enough. make your palate adapt to it by strengthening your tongue as much as you can and basically do thumb pulls to failure. anything that requires bones to move you need to do till failure

so... mewing

so... mewing
Bhai mewing is effective to lift the hyoid muscles but I’ve never seen someone expand the maxilla with it

this could all just be cope, but hear me out.

Ideally what you should be doing is thumbpulling and ALSO mewing. If the maxilla "rolls back down the hill" you should keep something there to prevent it from rolling it down (mewing). Also good posture. Water but wtv.

You will never put enough force to fucking sculpt bone with your hands

Take this off looksmaxing thumb pulling doesn't work retard

• +1
Reactions: Rzn
Its not cope if done consistently. There is alot of ppl with great results online

it works 100% for increasing palaye width