thumbpulling for mandble?

Lyte

Lyte

Iron
if thumbpulling works (pushingthe maxilla up and forward ) is it safe to say u can do the same for the mandible. Like pushing the mandible up and forward from underneath?

if thumbpulling works (pushingthe maxilla up and forward ) is it safe to say u can do the same for the mandible. Like pushing the mandible up and forward from underneath?
no it doesn't work like that

• +1
Reactions: TheLookInYourEyes and 97baHater
it doesnt fucking work at all nigger
not nigger I'm white like Hamza also I can't tell if it works or not I'm just assuming

• JFL
Reactions: TheLookInYourEyes, 97baHater and piec
not nigger I'm white like Hamza also I can't tell if it works or not I'm just assuming

• Love it
Reactions: hopecel
No, maxilla is far more malleable than the mandible.

• +1
Reactions: Lyte
No nigga your gonna fuck yourself up gonna push teeth forward and make yourself look even more reccesed if your young i got a way to fix your mandible

Ohhh from underneath still no your gonna either damage your teeth for nothing or get a double chin

I think mandible can only remodel at the joint through endochondral growth so is pretty hard to stimulate growth there without fucking something up.

If maxilla does move forward the new bite alignment may stimulate this growth as the joint needs to maintain its optimal posture.

Last edited:
your mandible wont grow unless you're like 12

Thumb pulling likely does not work in any meaningful way. You just can’t really maintain the force for long enough.
It is theorized to work because of the sutures depicted here

IMG 3349

which would potentially allow with lateral and horizontal growth.

IMG 3350

note that there is no such thing on the mandible, so it wouldn’t work the same way.

thumbpulling doesn't work in anything don't try