Time to live. New set.

MoggerGaston

MoggerGaston

Nobody mogs like Gaston

There is no stopping the pounding beat of hard dark industrial techno.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Sub5kang, Bomber517, kaligula567 and 1 other person
didn t tag me witch is unaceptable bhai 🦅

• Love it
Reactions: MoggerGaston
didn t tag me witch is unaceptable bhai 🦅
@kaligula567 @TechnoBoss
it's brutal to conclude but the vibe of this set can't be found anymore IRL.

Even Tham has gone to the 'dark-side' and his sets have become more 'mainstream hard-techno' as of late. If I would go to an event where he plays, I would likely be disappointed. :feelswhy:

Hard-Techno has become the new Hardstyle in the Netherlands, it is has grown rapidly in popularity and most DJs/producers are trying to appeal to the mainstream crowd to make the most money. As a result the quality of music/sets has gone down a lot.

This dark industrial melancholic vibe doesn't appeal to enough people, so when DJs like Tham get popular, they stop playing it and instead play things more akin to 'hardstyle techno' to appeal to a larger crowd and make more money.

I want to end this post on a positive note though.
Even though Tham is no longer the DJ I would want him to be, I can forever enjoy his old sets through my headphones.

Music, sets, once created and shared on the internet, are forever part of human history. I can dislike modern music but I will forever be able to access what humanity has created in the past, which I cherish deeply.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TechnoBoss and kaligula567
@kaligula567 @TechnoBoss
it's brutal to conclude but the vibe of this set can't be found anymore IRL.

Even Tham has gone to the 'dark-side' and his sets have become more 'mainstream hard-techno' as of late. If I would go to an event where he plays, I would likely be disappointed. :feelswhy:

Hard-Techno has become the new Hardstyle in the Netherlands, it is has grown rapidly in popularity and most DJs/producers are trying to appeal to the mainstream crowd to make the most money. As a result the quality of music/sets has gone down a lot.

This dark industrial melancholic vibe doesn't appeal to enough people, so when DJs like Tham get popular, they stop playing it and instead play things more akin to 'hardstyle techno' to appeal to a larger crowd and make more money.

I want to end this post on a positive note though.
Even though Tham is no longer the DJ I would want him to be, I can forever enjoy his old sets through my headphones.

Music, sets, once created and shared on the internet, are forever part of human history. I can dislike modern music but I will forever be able to access what humanity has created in the past, which I cherish deeply.
A lot of DJs don't actually want to take risks with what they play now. It sucks because I like hearing different sounds, but I guess it makes sense for "mass appeal"

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
A lot of DJs don't actually want to take risks with what they play now. It sucks because I like hearing different sounds, but I guess it makes sense for "mass appeal"
I learned this last year as I was getting more into techno and visiting different raves all over the Netherlands.

It's not enough to know a certain DJ/artist and the type of music he/she is known for playing. Instead you have to judge the entire line-up as a whole, the location, and consider the crowd which is likely attend the event.
If you see a DJ known for dark melancholic sets in a lineup with DJs known for upbeat techno, a location/event which has mass normie-appeal, I now know I can't expect this DJ to play the dark music I enjoy.

I hate normies so fucking much, they ruin everything. Everyone goes for mass-appeal when they can to make the most money, but it ruins everything.
Whenever normies invade a new space, the quality of whatever vibe there was goes into the drain to appeal to these masses.

Now it's all about sucking every single penny out of this new 'hype' until the normies move on and it's no longer mainstream.

All you are left with is a cesspit of maladjusted DJs and producers who have lost all their talent, creativity and personality due to appealing to the mass normie crowd. What was once a well-respected niche with talented producers/DJs is now completely fucked for years/decades.

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss