TMD

MisterMercedes

MisterMercedes

Kraken
What causes TMD and how can one fix it

Of the mandible or maxilla
Mandible. If the mandible is recessed, it has to move out of position to meet the maxilla which can wear down the condyles and the soft tissue around them

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Mine was probably caused by sleeping on one side which put pressure on my jaw over a long time

Mandible. If the mandible is recessed, it has to move out of position to meet the maxilla which can wear down the condyles and the soft tissue around them
Makes sense. I went to get it tested when I was 16 and the doctor recommended a mandibular advancement splint. 17 now. I can basically get mandibular advancement on my parent’s dime.

Also when I just my jaw out my breathing improves. Don’t know if this means anything.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Makes sense. I went to get it tested when I was 16 and the doctor recommended a mandibular advancement splint. 17 now. I can basically get mandibular advancement on my parent’s dime.

Also when I just my jaw out my breathing improves. Don’t know if this means anything.
What are your symptoms?

What are your symptoms?
Clicking of the jaw when I eat, occasional ringing of the ear on the side that has TMD (right side), occasional muscle spasms, soreness, occasional headaches. Coincidentally, the side of my jaw with TMD has a shorter ramus than the one without.

Clicking of the jaw when I eat, occasional ringing of the ear on the side that has TMD (right side), occasional muscle spasms, soreness, occasional headaches. Coincidentally, the side of my jaw with TMD has a shorter ramus than the one without.
I have a lot of the same symptoms, also have longer jaw on one side. How do i get my doctor to recommend mandibular advancement for me instead of therapy :lul:

I have a lot of the same symptoms, also have longer jaw on one side. How do i get my doctor to recommend mandibular advancement for me instead of therapy :lul:
This is why tall ramus is an attractive trait. It is actually associated with better jaw health and more bite force. Dammit.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Euclidd