TMJ Problems

Deleted member 4991

Deleted member 4991

Kraken
So I have TMJ issues in my left jaw and its causing my chin to not be properly centered - my teeth are straight but not properly aligned since they don't meet at the midline. What kind of corrective jaw surgery is required to fix this issue? It's not really noticeable but I fear that if I let it go long term it will only get more asymmetrical the older I get.

I know of a few maxillofacial surgeons, but I'd like to know who the best options are, below are some that I've heard of.

-Paul Coceancig
-Dr Defrancq

TMJ issues are often caused by muscle problems/imbalances. Do you jut your jaw forward subconsciously? Try completely relaxing your temporalis muscle at the sides of your skull.

• +1
Reactions: diggbicc and Deleted member 4991
TMJ issues are often caused by muscle problems/imbalances. Do you jut your jaw forward subconsciously? Try completely relaxing your temporalis muscle at the sides of your skull.
I noticed I got TMJ after I had my braces taken out, I also had a bicuspid extraction prior to getting braces. I also noticed my right jaw is a lot more developed than my left and you can tell if you look carefully that my chin is tilted slightly to one side.

Attachments

• Failjpeg.jpg
    Failjpeg.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 22
I noticed I got TMJ after I had my braces taken out, I also had a bicuspid extraction prior to getting braces. I also noticed my right jaw is a lot more developed than my left and you can tell if you look carefully that my chin is tilted slightly to one side.
It looks fine man. I can’t see any asymmetry whatsoever. My masseters are pretty asymmetrical and my chin is inclined to the left side more but it’s not noticeable to anyone but myself. Just get fillers if you’re worried about it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4991
It looks fine man. I can’t see any asymmetry whatsoever. My masseters are pretty asymmetrical and my chin is inclined to the left side more but it’s not noticeable to anyone but myself. Just get fillers if you’re worried about it.
Can't wait til this covid-19 crap is over man its making me antsy.

• So Sad
Reactions: Greeicy