To guys who understand surgeries

Roge

Roge

Heightfidence and faceonality
Where can I find more knowledge besides this forum?
Do you recommend browsing special subreddits, other forums, maybe something else?
Link them if you can or elab how to find

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma and Asspear
I don't necessarily know a lot, but pretty well everything I've learned I've learned via searching this forum. There are lots of B&As on the plastic surgery subreddit, but most of that is breast implants or rhinoplasties. Likewise, there is the jaw surgery subreddit.

Most of these other places are fairly "conservative" compared to this forum, though. People here will talk about very obscure surgeries which tend to scare your average person.

I'd start by trying to figure out what exactly the faults are in your face, and then researching what potential fixes are. For example, you might find that your ramus is very short - you might browse threads here that discuss short ramuses, where users might discuss potential fixes (i.e. jaw angle implants).

On a similar note, I'm a big fan of Giant's Instagram, where you can see some of his implant designs. Just viewing his designs might also provide some insight into what is possible.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, depressionmaxxing, Zonar and 3 others
Basically what pear said above, if you're normal looking already it's harder cause people who get psurgery are usually birdcels.

1. Find major flaws in your face (harder than you might think cause your brain self deludes itself)
2. Research before afters of procedures that fix said flaws (if they're fixable)
3. Locate the best doctor with the most consistent results in the world (never cheap out), find REAL patient reviews, and go out of your way to find red flags about said doctor
4. Have consultation and planning once you make your pick
5. Cut your shit up

Most people are fine with a genio + rhino combo if their eye area is decent, maybe a HT if they're receding.

• +1
Reactions: Zizou, Asspear and Roge
Basically what pear said above, if you're normal looking already it's harder cause people who get psurgery are usually birdcels.

1. Find major flaws in your face (harder than you might think cause your brain self deludes itself)
2. Research before afters of procedures that fix said flaws (if they're fixable)
3. Locate the best doctor with the most consistent results in the world (never cheap out), find REAL patient reviews, and go out of your way to find red flags about said doctor
4. Have consultation and planning once you make your pick
5. Cut your shit up

Most people are fine with a genio + rhino combo if their eye area is decent, maybe a HT if they're receding.
yep very legit, i'm trying to do this already. fortunately my flaws are minor, crooked nose from boxing and highish gonial angle.
any methods you recommend to find some more flaws or imperfections? want to fix everything

yep very legit, i'm trying to do this already. fortunately my flaws are minor, crooked nose from boxing and highish gonial angle.
any methods you recommend to find some more flaws or imperfections? want to fix everything
Post front, 3/4 and profile with proper posture and no head tilt in DM and I'll tell you.

• Love it
Reactions: Roge
Post front, 3/4 and profile with proper posture and no head tilt in DM and I'll tell you.
i really appreciate your help but wont dox myself at this point. maybe will at some point later tho

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 50511
I don't necessarily know a lot, but pretty well everything I've learned I've learned via searching this forum. There are lots of B&As on the plastic surgery subreddit, but most of that is breast implants or rhinoplasties. Likewise, there is the jaw surgery subreddit.

Most of these other places are fairly "conservative" compared to this forum, though. People here will talk about very obscure surgeries which tend to scare your average person.

I'd start by trying to figure out what exactly the faults are in your face, and then researching what potential fixes are. For example, you might find that your ramus is very short - you might browse threads here that discuss short ramuses, where users might discuss potential fixes (i.e. jaw angle implants).

On a similar note, I'm a big fan of Giant's Instagram, where you can see some of his implant designs. Just viewing his designs might also provide some insight into what is possible.
Don‘t learn from a forum, i only use forums for discussions.

Me personally i started researching with 15, i read studies and watched lections literally everyday, learned a bit how to draw so i can imagine it better, used to move random objects around to visualize surgery movement.

You should look for real knowledge, not listen to what random people say bc it‘s most often wrong, surgeons have corrected me allot on this and i got emberassed bc i trusted forums for information.

• +1
Reactions: Asspear, Lonenely sigma and Roge

Me personally i started researching with 15, i read studies and watched lections literally everyday, learned a bit how to draw so i can imagine it better, used to move random objects around to visualize surgery movement.

You should look for real knowledge, not listen to what random people say bc it‘s most often wrong, surgeons have corrected me allot on this and i got emberassed bc i trusted forums for information.
What will you say is the best solution for high gonial angle? Amd what are the possible causes

What will you say is the best solution for high gonial angle? Amd what are the possible causes
Depends how high it is, users said i have an high angle and when it was measured it was 128 degrees which is even considerd ideal by some.

Osteomatys (jaw surgery) don‘t really change that angle, the number literally depends just on your ramus, if you have an high gonial angle you probably have an short ramus. (The angle itself isn‘t even the most important thing really)

Short ramus can be either genetics or enviromental. Malocclusion like anterior open bite make your ramus short and create that long face look. In order to know why your ramus is short, you need someone to look at your face and occlusion

If you want to like actually change the angle you‘d need to do jaw angle implants (gonion implants). Im still researching about how posterior/anterior maxillary Impaction changes your face or even gonial angle, not sure yet if it does influence that angle

Last edited:
  • +1
Depends how high it is, users said i have an high angle and when it was measured it was 128 degrees which is even considerd ideal by some.

Osteomatys (jaw surgery) don‘t really change that angle, the number literally depends just on your ramus, if you have an high gonial angle you probably have an short ramus. (The angle itself isn‘t even the most important thing really)

Short ramus can be either genetics or enviromental. Malocclusion like anterior open bite make your ramus short and create that long face look. In order to know why your ramus is short, you need someone to look at your face and occlusion
If its caused by occlusion, will it be fixed after wearing Invisalign considering that I'm already 18?

If its caused by occlusion, will it be fixed after wearing Invisalign considering that I'm already 18?
Occlusion can be either dental or skeletal, if it‘s skeletal you need surgery, if it‘s dental - then braces wont do anything either but fix your teeth

• +1
Occlusion can be either dental or skeletal, if it‘s skeletal you need surgery, if it‘s dental - then braces wont do anything either but fix your teeth
But wont my jaws be clenched properly after fixing bite which can result in lowering the angle?

And if not what's the solution for high gonial then

Also can i pm you something?

• +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing
But wont my jaws be clenched properly after fixing bite which can result in lowering the angle?

And if not what's the solution for high gonial then
Yeah that‘s what maxillary impaction does, not braces. If you have AOB or POB, impaction will close the bite and therefor change (shorten) vertical height and due to autorotation of the mandible perhaps change the gonial angle (not sure about the angle)

• +1
Yeah that‘s what maxillary impaction does, not braces. If you have AOB or POB, impaction will close the bite and therefor change (shorten) vertical height and due to autorotation of the mandible perhaps change the gonial angle (not sure about the angle)
Does this have some deadlines? I'm 18 but dont have money for that now

Does this have some deadlines? I'm 18 but dont have money for that now
No because it‘s surgery, if you want to fix skeletal issues with appliances you‘d have to do it early on while the bones are still moving and growing. As you turn older your only option ends up being surgery (which i find to be the better option anyways), as it can manipulate pretty much everything on your face. (Impaction, osteomatys, Implants, fillers…)

Last edited:
No because it‘s surgery, if you want to fix skeletal issues with appliances you‘d have to do it early on while the bones are still moving and growing. As you turn older your only option ends up being surgery (which i find to be the better option anyways), as it can manipulate pretty much everything on your face. (Impaction, osteomatys, Implants, fillers…)
I think i might have a similar problem can i pm you too?

We're the blind leading the blind here - I've always said to take what I say with a grain of salt.

• JFL
Reactions: depressionmaxxing