Tongue doesn't stay just in the roof of mouth, but spills also a bit on the molars of the upper arch. How can I change it?

Ryouichi

Ryouichi

Iron
How can I keep my tongue in the roof of my mouth, when while keeping it there, it also goes a bit on the biting surfaces of the molars of the upper arch. Basically it goes inbetween the lower and upper teeth a bit in the back. I don't bite my tongue because of it, because it's not that much. Or is it not a problem? Perfect mewing means tongue wouldn't go against the teeth's biting surfaces, right?
Thank you!

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA
didn’t understand anything

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 28939
Ur palate is too narrow. Get it sorted out, u are basically forced to moutbreathe because of that

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32529, Deleted member 30037 and Deleted member 28939
It’s normal. Unless your palate is unnaturally giga-wide this will happen if your tongue is quite big like mine.

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Deleted member 29167, Deleted member 28939 and 1 other person
It's probably because of under-eruption of those molars, forgot to mention at first.

It’s normal. Unless your palate is unnaturally giga-wide this will happen if your tongue is quite big like mine.
Is it okay to mew in that case?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167
Ur palate is too narrow. Get it sorted out, u are basically forced to moutbreathe because of that
Yeah this. I'd probably recommend face pulling or an actual palate expander until you can fit the tongue up.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Allornothing
Is it okay to mew in that case?
I haven’t experienced any dental flare which I assume would be the main concern here. I don’t see why mewing would be a problem otherwise. Applying lateral force with the tongue would shift the teeth but would require a constant, intentional effort. Most of the force from mewing is upward to theoretically prevent downswing of the maxilla.

Basically you’re fine to mew.

• +1
Reactions: Ryouichi, Deleted member 29167 and Deleted member 28939
is this not normal? its easy for me to mew anyway who cares

Yeah this. I'd probably recommend face pulling or an actual palate expander until you can fit the tongue up.
My palate is not narrow actually, I am quite sure. Dentist also agreed it's wide.

Do you also have this?
the sides of my tounge touch my molars yeah. i mew automatically pretty much now and have good tounge posture. i've started chewing and clenching recently too

the sides of my tounge touch my molars yeah. i mew automatically pretty much now and have good tounge posture. i've started chewing and clenching recently too
the occlusal surfaces or the sides?

that is normal obviously. if your tongue is against he palate, it touches the sides of your teeth, because that's just where teeth are supposed to be and are. i am talking about teeth laying on part of the occlusal surfaces as well. Not the whole surface though luckily.

it's normal mine touches my teeth too

My tongue doesn't touch any of my teeth when on the palate, not even the sides. 10 teeth show when I smile and I do have a gap. I wouldn't say my palate is unnaturally wide.

Do at least 8 teeth show when you smile?

Last edited:
My tongue doesn't touch any of my teeth when on the palate, not even the sides. 10 teeth show when I smile and I do have a gap. I wouldn't say my palate is unnaturally wide.

Do at least 8 teeth show when you smile?
11 or 12