Tongue tie: Cause of downwards growth and lack of angularity

T

ThatInfamousDude

Iron
TLDR: You might have a tongue tie, fix it ASAP.

The essence of a tongue tie is a frenulum which is too short. This causes a downwards pulling of the tongue. Ideally this should be cut/fixed as a baby, but sadly a lot of the time this is not done.

As is obvious, the tongue is supposed to touch the top of the palette (mewing). A tongue tie prevents it.

Besides the obvious functional side effects of a tongue tie (TMJ, speech impediment etc), it also has an aesthetic side effect.

The downwards pressure of the tongue, causes the following problems.

- Low hyoid bone
- Downgrowing mandible
- Unideal maxilla growth
- Overactive masseters

In my case, my tongue tie presented with very few problems, I never even noticed. I was lean but still felt my face was too round (jaw and cheeks). I thought my tongue tie release would resolve some things, but it resolved a lot.

A tongue tie can also result in tongue thrust, this causes the tongue to push the teeth forwards, thus resulting in an open bite. It also pulls the lower teeth inwards.

This is the result of a tongue tie release combined with myofunctional therapy.

The following results are clear:

- Better angularity
- Better lip width (just look)
- Better hyoid bone
- Better forward growth

Rather than trying to solve the problem (downwards growth/lack of forward growth), and trying to solve that. Look at the cause.

As in my case, my masseters were overactive. This caused a bloating below the cheekbones. The tongue tie release resolved this. It also improved my lip width (Relative to nose).

The procedure is also very cheap and quick (not even 5 minutes). There are a lot more health improvements related to having it fixed.

So in short, if you have a tongue tie, fix it ASAP. As it could cause a multitude of health and aesthetic problems. It also could cause an open bite to occur after already having had braces.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kroker, vernier and NZb6Air
speculation maxxing thread

Nobody gives a fuck since most people dont have a tongue tie if they do less competition good for me

TLDR: You might have a tongue tie, fix it ASAP.

The essence of a tongue tie is a frenulum which is too short. This causes a downwards pulling of the tongue. Ideally this should be cut/fixed as a baby, but sadly a lot of the time this is not done.

View attachment 3204214
As is obvious, the tongue is supposed to touch the top of the palette (mewing). A tongue tie prevents it.

Besides the obvious functional side effects of a tongue tie (TMJ, speech impediment etc), it also has an aesthetic side effect.

The downwards pressure of the tongue, causes the following problems.

- Low hyoid bone
- Downgrowing mandible
- Unideal maxilla growth
- Overactive masseters

In my case, my tongue tie presented with very few problems, I never even noticed. I was lean but still felt my face was too round (jaw and cheeks). I thought my tongue tie release would resolve some things, but it resolved a lot.

A tongue tie can also result in tongue thrust, this causes the tongue to push the teeth forwards, thus resulting in an open bite. It also pulls the lower teeth inwards.

View attachment 3204220
View attachment 3204222

This is the result of a tongue tie release combined with myofunctional therapy.

The following results are clear:

- Better angularity
- Better lip width (just look)
- Better hyoid bone
- Better forward growth

Rather than trying to solve the problem (downwards growth/lack of forward growth), and trying to solve that. Look at the cause.

As in my case, my masseters were overactive. This caused a bloating below the cheekbones. The tongue tie release resolved this. It also improved my lip width (Relative to nose).

The procedure is also very cheap and quick (not even 5 minutes). There are a lot more health improvements related to having it fixed.

So in short, if you have a tongue tie, fix it ASAP. As it could cause a multitude of health and aesthetic problems. It also could cause an open bite to occur after already having had braces.

Cope never get up's diet mogs this, with this, if young, you will get a pretty boy look atmost

• +1
Reactions: Never Get Up
Link the diet
It only works if youre below 18, some effects are:
-better zygos
-forward growth
-lower gonial angle
-wider chin
-better nose
-more compact midface
-better posture
-better dimorphism
-better skin
-wider jaw
-wider palate
-stronger teeth
-significantly less prone to tooth decay
-good teeth eruption
-no deficit posterior maxilla
-better infras
-better perceived eyebrows
-better perceived eyes, hooding and canthal tilt
-higher testosterone
-ect

Visual differences:
5mk2jlu588v21

What did i just write:lul:, anyways check his threads heres his profile @Never Get Up

Last edited:
  • +1
-better zygos
-forward growth
-lower gonial angle
-wider chin
-better nose
-more compact midface
-better posture
-better dimorphism
-better skin
-wider jaw
-wider palate
-stronger teeth
-good teeth eruption
-better infras
-higher testosterone
-ect

Visual differences:
View attachment 3204310

What did i just write:lul:, anyways check his threads heres his profile @Never Get Up
I wouldn’t say it only works before 18. We don’t have any evidence to prove that. But it 100% will make your kids a Chad if you eat only meat.

• +1
Reactions: cc_7373
-better zygos
-forward growth
-lower gonial angle
-wider chin
-better nose
-more compact midface
-better posture
-better dimorphism
-better skin
-wider jaw
-wider palate
-stronger teeth
-good teeth eruption
-better infras
-higher testosterone
-ect

Visual differences:
View attachment 3204310

im very interested im 15 i will look for it

I wouldn’t say it only works before 18. We don’t have any evidence to prove that. But it 100% will make your kids a Chad if you eat only meat.
You could make a yt channel talking about these stuff, would probably do well

• +1