Top 10 greatest national football teams

D

Deleted member 3073

giga mogger
This list includes the teams I consider to be the greatest playing the sport of football, in order

Every position is statistically backed up

10. Portugal 🇵🇹

Achievements:
1x Nations League champions
1x Eurocup champions

FF88251C C058 49C0 A4CC C29650AF023B

9. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Achievements:
1x World Cup champions
3x Olympic Gold medalists

37ECA5D1 80D2 4DEA AB3D ED7A3BB022C0

8. Netherlands 🇳🇱

Achievements:
3x World Cup runner-ups
1x Eurocup champions

A71C17A8 AF74 4F46 8EC2 BE7EAB67F8E7

7. Spain 🇪🇸

Achievements:
1x World Cup champions
3x Eurocup champions
1x Olympic Gold medalists

533BD722 79B5 4A89 843F ACCBDB420ADE

6. France 🇫🇷

Achievements:
2x World Cup champions
1x World Cup runner-ups
2x Confederations Cup champions
2x Eurocup champions

4A50B45E CE3D 4EA0 8FCD 4A4DBB8037ED

5. Uruguay 🇺🇾

Achievements:
2x World Cup champions
15x Copa America
champions
2x Olympic Gold medalists

ED577D3C 2A82 47A6 B52A 6B37B6A92BF9

4. Argentina 🇦🇷

Achievements:
2x World Cup champions
3x World Cup runner-ups
1x Confederations Cup champions
14x Copa America champions
2x Olympic Gold medalists

3430B6E1 1DBB 402B B64A 2B5218105608

3. Italy 🇮🇹

Achievements:
4x World Cup champions
2x World Cup runner-ups
1x Eurocup champions

8F117950 24AF 4E99 B673 8C4A325657D7

2. Germany 🇩🇪

Achievements:
4x World Cup champions
4x World Cup runner-ups
1x Confederations Cup champions
3x Eurocup champions

0D78B66B 46EB 4B46 9AFB 26123343E2BB

1. Brazil 🇧🇷

Achievements:
5x World Cup champions
2x World Cup runner-ups
4x Confederations Cup champions
9x Copa America
champions

A1A671D1 FBCD 4BA3 9C7A 4BCC6A3B67B6

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 5258, Deleted member 206, AutisticBeaner and 10 others
its sheme u meke such threds while @Ritalincel rewdoggy ur esshole erynight

• JFL
Reactions: Gargantuan, Krezo, Ritalincell and 3 others
its sheme u meke such threds while @Ritalincel rewdoggy ur esshole erynight
I rawdog your mom every afternoon. Afterwards she lets me nut in her mouth while I finger her asshole.

• JFL
Reactions: Marsiere214
Based

isn’t Brazil the best at sports ?

7:1

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 206, Darkstrand, Ritalincell and 7 others
VERY REASONABLE TOP10 I AGREE WITH IT

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214 and Deleted member 3073
VERY REASONABLE TOP10 I AGREE WITH IT
It'd look better had Germany & Italy not stolen 2 world cups each

The top 3 would be South American only

• Love it
Reactions: Uglybrazilian
It'd look better had Germany & Italy not stolen 2 world cups each

The top 3 would be South American only
EUROCUCKS ALWAYS WIN BY STEALING + THE ONLY REASON THEIR CLUBS ARE BETTER IS BECAUSE OF MONEY SINCE IN THE 50'S-60'S THE BEST CLUBS IN THE WORLD WERE ALL SOUTH AMERICAN

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath and Deleted member 3073
Uruguay a little overrated because who the fuck cares about 1930s world cups but otherwise good list

imo:

1. Brazil
2. Germany
3. Italy
4. Argentina
5. Spain
6. France
7. Netherlands
8. England
9. Portugal
10. Uruguay

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5818 and Deleted member 3073
EUROCUCKS ALWAYS WIN BY STEALING + THE ONLY REASON THEIR CLUBS ARE BETTER IS BECAUSE OF MONEY SINCE IN THE 50'S-60'S THE BEST CLUBS IN THE WORLD WERE ALL SOUTH AMERICAN
Worst one was 1966 by England (they won the WC with a goal that didn't even cross the line)

1934 & 1938 were a robbery by Italy, obviously with Mussolini's help

Germany won 1990 with an inexistent penalty (which they admitted afterwards) and they didn't give Argentina a clear penalty in the same game

2014 Neuer almost killed Higuaín again, and still no penalty for Argentina

• +1
Uruguay a little overrated because who the fuck cares about 1930s world cups but otherwise good list

imo:

1. Brazil
2. Germany
3. Italy
4. Argentina
5. Spain
6. France
7. Netherlands
8. England
9. Portugal
10. Uruguay
I feel like Uruguay is still good. They reached the 2010 WC semi finals, 2018 they reached the quarter finals and lost to France (champions)

Their last Copa America championship is not that old either

And they have players like Suarez, Cavani and formerly Forlan

• +1
Reactions: Uglybrazilian and Gazzamogga
I feel like Uruguay is still good. They reached the 2010 WC semi finals, 2018 they reached the quarter finals and lost to France (champions)

YEAH THEY WERE SHIT FOR A LONG TIME AFTER THE 30'S BUT IN THE LAST 10 YEARS THEY HAVE BEEN GOOD TBH 1 SEMIFINAL AND 1 QUARTERFINAL + COPA AMERICA TITLE

THEY ALSO HAVE A GOOD YOUNG GENERATION I DONT SEE THEM WINNING THE WORLD CUP BUT MAYBE REACHING SEMIFINALS

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Marsiere214

Uruguay is good, but not 5th best.

Their overall world cup performances aren't that great. (Not qualifying a bunch, group stage exists a bunch etc)

And winning Copa America isn't the same as winning the Euro's. I feel like there is a Copa America every other year and only Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and maybe Chile & Colombia ever have a good enough squad to win it. In Europe there are 8-9 teams and it's only held once every 4 years.

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Uglybrazilian and Deleted member 3073
Uruguay is good, but not 5th best.

Their overall world cup performances aren't that great. (Not qualifying a bunch, group stage exists a bunch etc)

And winning Copa America isn't the same as winning the Euro's. I feel like there is a Copa America every other year and only Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and maybe Chile & Colombia ever have a good enough squad to win it. In Europe there are 8-9 teams and it's only held once every 4 years.
Copa America also happens every 4 years

one was held in 2016 commemorating 100 years after the first one took place, thats why it seems like it's played often

but its true that the Eurocup has better teams

• +1
Reactions: Gazzamogga
Copa America also happens every 4 years

one was held in 2016 commemorating 100 years after the first one took place, thats why it seems like it's played often

but its true that the Eurocup has better teams

There have been 14 Copa's in the last 33 years

There would've been 15 if not for corona

View attachment 783865
There have been 14 Copa's in the last 33 years

There would've been 15 if not for corona
i know but from 2007 onwards its held every 4 years

thats why it was 2007-2011-2015-(2016 is an exception)-2019-(2020 is held now so it doesnt overlap with the next international tournament and its held at the same time the Eurocup is)

but i get your point

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214 and Gazzamogga
THE PROBLEM WITH URUGUAY IS THAT THEIR FOOTBALL IS TOO DEFENSIVE/PHYSIQUE ORIENTED SO THEY ALWAYS PRODUCE GOOD DEFENDERS AND STRIKERS BUT THEY CAN NEVER PRODUCE A GOOD DRIBBLER LIKE MESSI MARADONA OR NEYMAR

THEY ARE ALWAYS TOUGH TO FACE BUT THEY LACK SKILL THATS A FACT

• +1
  • +1
THEY ARE STILL THE MAJOR WINNERS OF COPA AMERICA THATS A BIG THING IN A CONTINENT WITH BRAZIL AND ARGENTINA
What are your predictions for the 2022 WC, brother?

Does Messi finally get to lift the trophy with Argentina? Does Neymar give the hexa to Brazil? Does France repeat? Will Germany recover from 2018? Will we get a new champion?

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214 and Uglybrazilian
i know but from 2007 onwards its held every 4 years

thats why it was 2007-2011-2015-(2016 is an exception)-2019-(2020 is held now so it doesnt overlap with the next international tournament and its held at the same time the Eurocup is)

but i get your point
Good thread though

World Cup months are amazing

This is my favourite world cup moment of all time

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3073
What are your predictions for the 2022 WC, brother?

Does Messi finally get to lift the trophy with Argentina? Does Neymar give the hexa to Brazil? Does France repeat? Will Germany recover from 2018? Will we get a new champion?
TBH RIGHT NOW I THINK FRANCE IS AGAIN THE FAVOURITE THEY HAVE TOO MANY GREAT TALENTS AND MBAPPE MAY BE THE NEXT NIGGA ABLE TO REACH MESSI/RONALDO LEVEL

I DONT SEE BRAZIL WINNING TBH CAUSE OUR COACH SUCKS
ARGENTINA HAS A GOOD TEAM BUT WE'LL HAVE TO SEE IF MESSI WILL STILL BE HUGE IN THE NEXT YEARS
I THINK ENGLAND ALSO HAS A STRONG TEAM BUT THEY ARE PECHO FRIO SO I DONT SEE THEM WINNING TBH

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Deleted member 3073 and Gazzamogga
2022 will be between Belgium, France and England I think

If Germany get rid of their shit coach they will be very good too

I don't think South American teams are that good right now

• +1
Good thread though

World Cup months are amazing

This is my favourite world cup moment of all time

I remember that goalkeeper, he was an expert saving penalties

the Netherlands are my favorite national team after Argentina *obviously*

If Argentina doesn't win 2022, then I wish the Netherlands do

TBH RIGHT NOW I THINK FRANCE IS AGAIN THE FAVOURITE THEY HAVE TOO MANY GREAT TALENTS AND MBAPPE MAY BE THE NEXT NIGGA ABLE TO REACH MESSI/RONALDO LEVEL

I DONT SEE BRAZIL WINNING TBH CAUSE OUR COACH SUCKS
ARGENTINA HAS A GOOD TEAM BUT WE'LL HAVE TO SEE IF MESSI WILL STILL BE HUGE IN THE NEXT YEARS
I THINK ENGLAND ALSO HAS A STRONG TEAM BUT THEY ARE PECHO FRIO SO I DONT SEE THEM WINNING TBH
My main candidates are 1. France (if they break the champions' curse) 2. Brazil (with a mature Neymar and young talents) 3. England

Argentina has been improving lately, but I dont see us as candidates yet

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Gazzamogga and Uglybrazilian
Numero uno: Finlandia
Yle loses Finnish national team games | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Gazzamogga and Deleted member 3073
I remember that goalkeeper, he was an expert saving penalties

the Netherlands are my favorite national team after Argentina *obviously*

If Argentina doesn't win 2022, then I wish the Netherlands do

My main candidates are 1. France (if they break the champions' curse) 2. Brazil (with a mature Neymar and young talents) 3. England

Argentina has been improving lately, but I dont see us as candidates yet
PORTUGAL HAS ALSO A VERY STRONG GENERATION, ITS PROBABY THEIR BEST GENERATION OF ALL TIME, I DONT KNOW IF ITS WORLD CUP WINNING MATERIAL BUT WHO KNOWS

• +1
PORTUGAL HAS ALSO A VERY STRONG GENERATION, ITS PROBABY THEIR BEST GENERATION OF ALL TIME, I DONT KNOW IF ITS WORLD CUP WINNING MATERIAL BUT WHO KNOWS
They're stacked up. If Cristiano wins that trophy at like 40 years old then the Messi-Ronaldo debate is over

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214 and Uglybrazilian
They're stacked up. If Cristiano wins that trophy at like 40 years old then the Messi-Ronaldo debate is over
YEAH FOR SURE AND TBH THE NEXT WORLD CUP IS HIS BEST CHANCE SINCE HE WILL HAVE A GREAT TEAM AROUND HIM, BUT HE WILL BE VERY OLD SO WE HAVE TO SEE

YEAH FOR SURE AND TBH THE NEXT WORLD CUP IS HIS BEST CHANCE SINCE HE WILL HAVE A GREAT TEAM AROUND HIM, BUT HE WILL BE VERY OLD SO WE HAVE TO SEE
He has the physique of a 20 year old. He can do it

How will Brazilians react if Germany/Italy tie the penta?

He has the physique of a 20 year old. He can do it

How will Brazilians react if Germany/Italy tie the penta?
NIGGA ITALY WONT DO IT ANYTIME SOON SO IM NOT WORRIED BUT IF GERMANY TIES THEY WILL DEFINITELY SURPASS US AS THE BIGGEST FOOTBALL NATION SINCE THEY WILL HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF TITLES BUT WITH MORE FINALS AND SEMIFINALS

I HOPE IT DOESNT HAPPEN TBH BUT I CANT DENY THOSE GERMAN NIGGAS ARE FUTBOL MOGGERS

• +1
NIGGA ITALY WONT DO IT ANYTIME SOON SO IM NOT WORRIED BUT IF GERMANY TIES THEY WILL DEFINITELY SURPASS US AS THE BIGGEST FOOTBALL NATION SINCE THEY WILL HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF TITLES BUT WITH MORE FINALS AND SEMIFINALS

I HOPE IT DOESNT HAPPEN TBH BUT I CANT DENY THOSE GERMAN NIGGAS ARE FUTBOL MOGGERS
And they're only 80 million people

They mog Brazil in titles per capita

Also considering they dont care as much about football as Brazil, its more impressive

But I know my Brazilian niggas will not let them get to the top. South America has to mog

• Love it
bumperino

Mandela effect. Brazil had 7 world cups and Germany 3

Argentina could start winning trophies again if they ditch the HGH midget, he holds them back.
Maradona would have never missed that 1v1 against Neuer in the 2014 WC final.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Gazzamogga and Deleted member 3073
Argentina could start winning trophies again if they ditch the HGH midget, he holds them back.
I support Messi but it's true he chokes under pressure

Maradona grew under pressure

He was very patriotic and entered the pitch every game willing to die for the Argentinian jersey

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan
Come on now, he was usually the only one that looked like he deserved to wear the jersey in the past 10 years

At least in world cups, I don't watch copa's

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Gargantuan and Deleted member 3073
Wi

Come on now, he was usually the only one that looked like he deserved to wear the jersey in the past 10 years

At least in world cups, I don't watch copa's
If Higuaín didn't miss his 1v1 vs. Neuer, or if Palacios decided to kick it under Neuer instead of chipping it, or if the referee had acknowledged the penalty over Higuaín, right now the story would be different

Messi did a lot for our national team, he is the all-time top goal scorer

But under pressure, and when the team
needs their captain the most, he kinda fades away

• +1
If Higuaín didn't miss his 1v1 vs. Neuer, or if Palacios decided to kick it under Neuer instead of chipping it, or if the referee had acknowledged the penalty over Higuaín, right now the story would be different

Messi did a lot for our national team, he is the all-time top goal scorer

But under pressure, and when the team
needs their captain the most, he kinda fades away
True tbh

But not as much as Higuain, he has to be the biggest choker in Argentina's history

• +1
True tbh

But not as much as Higuain, he has to be the biggest choker in Argentina's history
Big choker, we could've won 3 straight titles in 2014-2015-2016, but that guy missed a lot of key opportunities (and a penalty in the shootout)

Messi right now would undoubtedly b the greatest player of all time (Pelé won 3 WCs I know, but with weaker competition)

But instead we have to find conformity in the two Olympic Gold medals from 2004 & 2008, our last two international titles

• +1
Big choker, we could've won 3 straight titles in 2014-2015-2016, but that guy missed a lot of key opportunities (and a penalty in the shootout)

Messi right now would undoubtedly b the greatest player of all time (Pelé won 3 WCs I know, but with weaker competition)

But instead we have to find conformity in the two Olympic Gold medals from 2004 & 2008, our last two international titles
Messi is easily the GOAT

Using team achievements as a metric of an individual players' skill is retarded

• +1
Messi is easily the GOAT

Using team achievements as a metric of an individual players' skill is retarded
Based on raw individual talent, it's possible he is the greatest of all time.

Thing is the fact that he hasn't won a trophy with our national team hurts him in comparison to other idols like Kempes or Maradona. And let's not even talk about him in that area compared to Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Pelé, Zidane, Pirlo, etc. even though they aren't as good.

The World Cup is the maximum distinction a football player can have in his collection. Of course a player like Götze will always be mediocre even if he scored a game winner in a WC final, but expectations for Messi in international tournaments were so high its surprising he hasnt won one *yet* and most likely never will unless Argentina gets their shit together for 2022

• +1
Put uragay lower they one it 100 years ago they're shit now

• JFL
Reactions: Gazzamogga and Deleted member 3073

• +1