Total facial convexity angle

MisterMercedes

MisterMercedes

Kraken
A useful way to evaluate side profile. It is the angle created by the relationship between the glabella, nose, and chin. Ideal angle in males is 141 degrees.

Examples:

54E0D576 8D1D 4D92 B76F 376CAE608349
E3D342A3 040B 4424 9DF1 21ACEE9A1632
9E750F81 31BD 493F BAC4 820205D84BF6
0A536F64 CC6E 41AC 8131 4626175921B7
7FC31978 824A 4553 84B8 DB8D80D971D8
DB07FD98 584D 4BA1 8EF9 BBE68A2E27C2
DF8CC6C2 39C0 4B64 9275 4D33F95328AF

This is a big determinant in how attractive one is, especially with regard to protruding features. When this angle is ideal, the nose, chin, and glabella will all look proportionate to each other, as opposed to one feature being protruding or weak.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Aero, Mainstream and 13 others
I'm 137 °, Fuck me

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Newday*V3, Mainstream, iam good boy and 1 other person
Total facial convexity angle 147  copy

147º

Over

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Debetro, iam good boy and AlwaysHaveQuestions
for ideal side profile Except this angle , slope forehead , projection of nose and ramus and its angle (I think it should be 120)
is there other thing?

To lazy to messure

• So Sad
Reactions: thecel
136°, it's done

I don't think 147º is really a bad measurement (I could be wrong tho), the thing is that your whole skull is flat, so even if your features are not protruding, you still don't get a super low measurement.
Despite that your side profile doesn't look that bad (at least on that pic), your main problem is your front tbh.

• +1
Jaw surgery with premolar extraction to fix the alevor protusion would ascend your side profile so hard.

Premolar extraction on my upper jaw?

JFL then I’d have to get premolar extractions on my lower jaw to correct my underbite

Just recess yourself theory

JFL then I’d have to get premolar extractions on my lower jaw to correct my underbite

• JFL

Yes- most likely lower too. You will get recessed but then they will do a normal surgery to fix that and add horizontal projection. For an overall improvement.

• +1
Yes- most likely lower too. You will get recessed but then they will do a normal surgery to fix that and add horizontal projection. For an overall improvement.

Or, I could just get a Le Fort 2 and a chin implant.

Or, I could just get a Le Fort 2 and a chin implant.
If you want to take a suboptimal approach to get suboptimal results and stay subhuman. Then sure - be my guest.

• Hmm...
If you want to take a suboptimal approach to get suboptimal results and stay subhuman. Then sure - be my guest.

What? Suboptimal? Your idea is suboptimal:

I don’t see what the point of getting premolar extractions and becoming recessed and then getting surgery to add projection.

Why shouldn’t I just get forward growth surgeries?

Muh alveolar projection. Jfl. There’s paranasal augumentation to bring the base of the nose forwards.

Look, I just need this paranasal implant—

3485BF12 5B7B 4AF5 80F6 FB46605B4BD3

—and a Le Fort 2 osteotomy, and boom that’s a forward-projected maxilla. Plus a chin wing to Chaddify my profile.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Racky
What? Suboptimal? Your idea is suboptimal:

I don’t see what the point of getting premolar extractions and becoming recessed and then getting surgery to add projection.

Why shouldn’t I just get forward growth surgeries?

Muh alveolar projection. Jfl there’s paranasal augumentation to bring the base of the nose forwards.

Look, I just need this paranasal implant—

View attachment 1082479

—and a Le Fort 2 osteotomy, and boom that’s a forward-projected maxilla. Plus a chin wing to Chaddify my profile.

wouldn't this penalize having an ante face?
nvm i think it doesn't

I think MSE+Facemask could fix your case since your underbite is not that severe and you are still young. You should atleast try that and if not even that works you can always do jaw surgery. Altough if you are forced to do jaw surgery try to get lefort 3. Lefort 1 is a meme and will end up making one looking like a monkey

• +1
wouldn't this penalize having an ante face?
nvm i think it doesn't
As far as I know, “ante face” means having a projected maxilla/nose, lips, and chin. This angle wouldn’t rule that out as O’ Pry, Nessman, and Barrett have very projected faces but still ideal convexity angle:

02A6D08E CE2E 410F A7C7 3C5DAB1F9261
6F4A5D8B 11EB 405C 9C0D 975C0BC3F81E
961F4A17 6D17 449D 8096 EE9ADE9C43A6

The key is to have features that are proportional to each other. If you have a prominent nose, your brow and chin should be projected in proportion to it.

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois and thecel
The most important bimax thread.
@temporomandibular32 @StrangerDanger @slop slinger

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: temporomandibular32 and StrangerDanger
The most important bimax thread.
@temporomandibular32 @StrangerDanger @slop slinger
It's a good measurement.

Although some take this as an overall measurement of forward growth which I don't think is correct. Its just a good measurement for an attractive face.

• +1
Reactions: temporomandibular32
It's a good measurement.

Although some take this as an overall measurement of forward growth which I don't think is correct. Its just a good measurement for an attractive face.
What I mean is it's important to keep in mind for bimax and genio.

So this side profile is considered ugly? I have found multiple top models with 150 degrees, especially asians.
If you have a small nose this measurement is off, It is better to use a normal convexity angle I think..
7429e627445f3873f4de316d684fe1e1

142 degrees ITS NOT OVER FOR ME

Wtf, I have 139 and normal convexity of 167 and I look like a recessed subhuman. Maybe this metric is flawed

Alain and Brad looks recessed, jfl

whats mine

Attachments

• 855ABC9C-4A73-4427-9D47-C2138F78A0BA.jpeg
    855ABC9C-4A73-4427-9D47-C2138F78A0BA.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
A useful way to evaluate side profile. It is the angle created by the relationship between the glabella, nose, and chin. Ideal angle in males is 141 degrees.

Examples:

View attachment 1050997View attachment 1050999View attachment 1051000View attachment 1051001View attachment 1051002View attachment 1051003View attachment 1051004

This is a big determinant in how attractive one is, especially with regard to protruding features. When this angle is ideal, the nose, chin, and glabella will all look proportionate to each other, as opposed to one feature being protruding or weak.
It’s interesting how all of the models have this exact measurement