Tragedy

Ultimate SUbhuman

Ultimate SUbhuman

Bradford W. Touchdown
This happened a while back in Greece; I was stuck on the island of Crete with my son. I was stuck their at the time because uh I was banished from Athens and found refuge in Crete. Eventually I grew to hate Crete but uh King Minos was fixed on keeping me there. He then threw me & my son in prison. We started hatching an daring escape plan, I was unaware that the result of my innovation would be an invention that would haunt the imagination of the western world for millennia until humanity conquered the sky. In time, I constructed a pair of wings with feathers & beeswax, my son was laughing during the process, oblivious of the outcome that would befall him. I told him to take precaution since flying to close to the sun would melt the beeswax; and unfortunately, he got to cocky. We were close to the island of Samos, and he turned arrogant. I was feeling well until I heard my son cry, "Father!" I looked around, I couldn't see him. "Icarus, Icarus where are you?! Which way should I be looking to see you!" I bellowed, to no answer. My son had already fallen and drowned in the Icarian sea. I finally found my son, admist the feathers. I cursed my invention. I took his body and buried him on a nearby Island.

• +1
Reactions: Paul7